Australia In England, The Ashes 2013

yeah, I was not expecting the scorecard to look like that when I woke up this morning. After such a great start, I didn't think it'd be possible to lose 10/115.

yeah, I was not expecting the scorecard to look like that when I woke up this morning. After such a great start, I didn't think it'd be possible to lose 10/115.

The batsmen have no confidence in their ability to chase and there is really no reason why they would have.

Anything is possible and now Watson to captain while Clarke and Haddin have a rest. Time for Watson to go, this is getting as bad as the fantasy that Ricky Stewart can coach a league team. Everyone seems convinced but it never happens.

Since Australia is so bad, I reckon for the series over here, they should what used to happen in the days of longer tours in the lead up to that city's test. England should play the individual state teams (as Australia) for the Ashes. Can't do worse?

Since Australia is so bad, I reckon for the series over here, they should what used to happen in the days of longer tours in the lead up to that city's test. England should play the individual state teams (as Australia) for the Ashes. Can't do worse?

Probably find more team cohesion that way

Woakes and young Kerrigan have been called up into the squad. Is Monty's international career over? I hope not but urinating on a bouncer is never going to help your career hehe.

Pretty soft dropping Khawaja me thinks. I reckon he needs an easy kill to get his international career going. Messed around with far too much. Watson had to go. Keeping Haddin in a dead rubber also pathetic. He wouldn't have been picked in the first place for mine. Not impressed at all.

Problem is that Wade is worse than Haddin really. As I said in the other thread they should have went Khawaja/Hughes and Watson/Faulkner in selection, mucking around with the order again and playing 2 all-rounders in an already weak batting side.

Problem is that Wade is worse than Haddin really. As I said in the other thread they should have went Khawaja/Hughes and Watson/Faulkner in selection, mucking around with the order again and playing 2 all-rounders in an already weak batting side.

Totally disagree. Haddin is dreadful and has only kept marginally better than Wade when out of form. Wade struggled last summer but dropping him was not because Haddin was a better keeper it was because captain wonderful felt scared and needed some backup. Wade is the future not Haddin.

I'm assuming some people here didn't want Watson to be the one to get the big hundred? :p

Good luck to him but to be honest a big hundred in a dead rubber is meaningless. It is like all those years of Dean jones doing the same thing. I only remember a few innings from him that mattered.

We look to Smith now, he really needs a ton of his own. Smith really is the only improver of the tour.

Watson in this tour reminds me of Hussey in the 09 series, a non-contributor up until the last moment. Kerrigan apparently was told an hour before the game started he was to play. This reminds me of Bryce McGain's stellar test "career". Cook admitted he hadn't even seen him bowl!

Back