Australia In England, The Ashes 2013

You would think that the friggin country that invented the game would have better weather suited to the sport :mad:

Great effort from Smith, 138 not out. He looks like he's coming along nicely. Haddin got bowled by Trott. :rolleyes:

492's a good effort and hopefully there's enough time for Australia to have a go at winning this match.

So Smith gets his century, not sure what the weather is like tonight but need to make some inroads into their batting in the 1st session to keep the game moving along.

Alastair Cook with another insignificant performance. He's played in almost two complete series in both countries, yet his record in Australia is way better that in England. He hasn't even scored 1 ton in England, the best being a 90 at Lord's I think, 4 years ago. Yet, he's scored 3-4 ton in Australia, 1 even in the 06/07 series.

Haddin got bowled by Trott. :rolleyes:
Really? LOL! If that's the case brb, need to read The Limbo Club thread!

Well the rain has come a washed the game away. One could see it that we were again robbed and the series could have looked different, or maybe we have been saved the embarrassment of another tragic batting collapse and horrid defeat? we will never know.

Captain Wonderful? lol Normally when I read a thread, he's called fagboy.

We prefer not to use such names here.

Watson in this tour reminds me of Hussey in the 09 series, a non-contributor up until the last moment. Kerrigan apparently was told an hour before the game started he was to play. This reminds me of Bryce McGain's stellar test "career". Cook admitted he hadn't even seen him bowl!

McGain is probably the worst player to get a baggy green in the modern era.

So we're more than likely going to lose 3-0. Had things gone our way it could have been 2-1 or even 1-2.

I was looking at some team stats on the telecast a couple of days ago and England and Australia were pretty much similar across the board bar a few stats. One of those was hundreds and the other was 5WI. Other than that it's been pretty even but we've struggled in the big moments of games.

I'm sure Watson's century will secure his place in the side until 2016.

I'm sure Watson's century will secure his place in the side until 2016.

I am sure you are right but that is the exact problem. The selectors are so in love with Watson that they just don't get it. I hope this is the turning point for Watson i really do. But i just doubt it, this is a dead rubber ton, it means nothing unless it comes with three more at vital times in the home series. We have got to learn to win the big moments and at the moment we don't.

The other interesting stat i saw today is that Langer, Hayden and Martin had the same or worse averages as Hughes, Khawaja and Smith at the same age. Maybe we need to think a bit more carefully before the chop and change dance is played.

WOW went to bed thinking this is all done and Clarke does something interesting. What a mess at the end. Another example of the ICC being useless.

The other interesting stat i saw today is that Langer, Hayden and Martin had the same or worse averages as Hughes, Khawaja and Smith at the same age. Maybe we need to think a bit more carefully before the chop and change dance is played.

I think a lot of us are just spoilt after such a long period of strength of batting in the side, it's frustrating but we need to show some patience.

Back