3rd Test
1st March - Newlands, Cape Town

1st T20
9th March - Port Elizabeth

2nd T20
13th March - Kingsmead, Durban

3rd T20
15th March - Centurion

Should be a great tour, interesting that there is no one day cricket getting played at all.

don't mind prefer that Tests are played. Should be a tough series. It will depend on a few things for Australia, the batsmen need to maintain there composure as it was not really that convincing against England. I think they should play Hughes at 6 and he could be the key as SA don't have a spinner to talk of and he has show a taste for the SA attack before. The other will be Johnson, he will need to keep his consistency and if Pattinson was to step back up and help we could make it quite impossible for the SA batsmen.

I thought it sounded like they were pretty set on giving Doolan a shot at 3.
I would hope that Lehman has bought some clearer thinking in these matters. Doolan may well be a future great for Australia but he will struggle to see the light if they send him to the slaughter in SA against that attack. Bring the young ones in at six let them develop and then promote. It is a rare player that starts at three in test cricket, i cannot think of one in recent history for Australia really. Ian Chappell started at 6, and Greg. Boonie started at 6 went to open before taking 3 and ponting was also a six before moving to 3.

I would hope that Lehman has bought some clearer thinking in these matters. Doolan may well be a future great for Australia but he will struggle to see the light if they send him to the slaughter in SA against that attack. Bring the young ones in at six let them develop and then promote. It is a rare player that starts at three in test cricket, i cannot think of one in recent history for Australia really. Ian Chappell started at 6, and Greg. Boonie started at 6 went to open before taking 3 and ponting was also a six before moving to 3.
But who do they bat at 3 then? Marsh?

But who do they bat at 3 then? Marsh?
I know it feels very weak but then again Watson is the weak link anyway. Against SA at home i would rather put Marsh's career to bed than destroy a kid. I would blood Doolan at 6 but they seem to be swaying to Henriques for the extra bowling and he has shown some back bone in the past.

South Africa put Australia in, Doolan at 3, Marsh at 4. Thought Clarke would've stayed at 4 to separate the 2 new guys. Pitch is green with plenty of movement for the new ball.

South Africa put Australia in, Doolan at 3, Marsh at 4. Thought Clarke would've stayed at 4 to separate the 2 new guys. Pitch is green with plenty of movement for the new ball.
Cannot believe they have played the two in the top order. Commentary still suggests Clarke will bat at 4 but we will see. Henriques was unlucky. Good luck to Doolan, hope the kid does really well in the toughest job going.

Just caught up with the game. Stoked that Warner is gone cheaply :) If Clarke bats at 5, he is the biggest pussy going around. It'll confirm BF Clarke fans as being more like followers, than fans. Hopeless lot.

Rogers gone! :)

Shaun Marsh has come in! Clarke is a *******!

Just caught up with the game. Stoked that Warner is gone cheaply :) If Clarke bats at 5, he is the biggest pussy going around. It'll confirm BF Clarke fans as being more like followers, than fans. Hopeless lot.

Not a fan of Clarke but do you feel the same about Border who batted 5 and sometimes 6 in a very weak Aussie side during the 80's?

Damn Doolan picks out the fielder, nice catch though. Awkward 15 minutes before lunch coming up for Clarke, Marsh has surprisingly played well, needs to hang in there.

What a fantastic effort by Marsh but Smith has really stood up as the rock in the middle order. His consistent efforts to hold things together over the last 11 tests even as far back as India are really paying off for Australia. I think he is the most under rated player in the team and will endure to be one of our best and possible captain.

I think everyone knows i don't think much of Clarke, but you are getting vexatious there. Yes he probably should bat higher but to be honest he does not play well up the order. Very out of form at the moment anyway.

Set up to put the team in a dominant position for this match now, I bet Graeme Smith is regretting putting Australia in now. Some of SA's body language also pretty poor out there once these 2 started to get going.

Back