Australia In South Africa 2014

Who will win the Test series?

• South Africa

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So McLaren is out of the second test after copping a nasty knock from Johnson in the second innings. That now begs the question of who will come in as South Africa have chosen not to pick a replacement player for the squad. Have to say Parnell is likely to come in at this stage although Kleinveldt would be happy to press his chances.

Three changes to the South African side. Alviro Petersen is out with gastro and has been replaced with Dean Elgar, Wayne Parnell has replaced Ryan McLaren and Quinton de Kock debuts with Robin Petersen dropped.

Australia have gone in unchanged.

The Proteas are now 2/55, Warner bowling medium pace at the moment.

SA did ok on day 1 with 5/215. Day 2 starting well for SA with them seeing off the new ball. The game is in the balance, if SA can make 450 Australia are then under pressure and they don't have a good first innings record. Game on.

I tell ya. The SA commentators make everyone else look B grade. I'm mainly listening on radio. Seriously, they leave Drew Morphett and Quentin Hull for dead.

South Africa going well at 5/323, de Villiers with a century. Looks as if the pitch has flattened out a bit now.

So why is it that the SA coverage can manage to get a reply with hot spot up between balls but most others carn't

OH dear, this has been an overnight return to poor form. It would seem that when the pitch is dry so is our attach but our batsmen can still find a way to get out. Very reminiscent of the last few years with the batsmen not getting a score and the bowlers just not having the required penetration. I think we all know what the pitch for the third test will be like and every pitch that the Aussies play on in every country will be the same.

OH dear, this has been an overnight return to poor form. It would seem that when the pitch is dry so is our attach but our batsmen can still find a way to get out. Very reminiscent of the last few years with the batsmen not getting a score and the bowlers just not having the required penetration. I think we all know what the pitch for the third test will be like and every pitch that the Aussies play on in every country will be the same.

Doolam looked horrid in this match, in the second innings he looked like the pressure was just too much for him. One nervous poke after another. I hope he collects himself for the next.

Doolan looked horrid in this match, in the second innings he looked like the pressure was just too much for him. One nervous poke after another. I hope he collects himself for the next.
What to expect, yet again we put a kid up for 3, will we not learn? Doolan has enormous potential and looked good in the first test but please he should be at 6 not 3. Clarke's comments at the end of the game after another collapse were a concern, not from the words but the casual way he said them. This is the very attitude that you don't want from your captain.

That was pathetic! I went to bed last night at tea. I was thinking possible endings to the day, as I went to bed. I thought if it goes Australia's way, it'll be 1 for low 200s. SA's 6 for low 200s. It never occurred to me that Australia would collapse like they did. Can you imagine my surprise, now that I've gotten up. To check the scores, having avoided switching on the tv/radio, to see the result? Despite wanting Australia to lose, I'm still disappointed.

What to expect, yet again we put a kid up for 3, will we not learn? Doolan has enormous potential and looked good in the first test but please he should be at 6 not 3. Clarke's comments at the end of the game after another collapse were a concern, not from the words but the casual way he said them. This is the very attitude that you don't want from your captain.
That's how it's meant to be with a batting order. The better, more experienced batsmen bat at the top. The slightly inferior batsmen, due to talent or experience, bat in the middle. But no, Clarke is comfortable at 5. I'm heading to the BF board to see those idiots excuses now.

That's how it's meant to be with a batting order. The better, more experienced batsmen bat at the top. The slightly inferior batsmen, due to talent or experience, bat in the middle. But no, Clarke is comfortable at 5. I'm heading to the BF board to see those idiots excuses now.
Yes i understand but in Clarke's case he has never performed up the order and in the end he is our best bat and captain so if it is 5 then it is 5 much like AB for most of his career. The point is that Doolan should not be at 3. This should have been Watson if he could bat. For Watson it is now time to perform or go. We could have considered having Smith at 4 and Marsh at 3 if not Watson, Marsh is another who is at the perform or go stage. Overall though it was one bad performance over the past eight tests so it is really up to how we bounce back in the third test. We will see.

That was pathetic! I went to bed last night at tea. I was thinking possible endings to the day, as I went to bed. I thought if it goes Australia's way, it'll be 1 for low 200s. SA's 6 for low 200s. It never occurred to me that Australia would collapse like they did. Can you imagine my surprise, now that I've gotten up. To check the scores, having avoided switching on the tv/radio, to see the result? Despite wanting Australia to lose, I'm still disappointed.

You can tell the non-Aussie fans. They are the only ones who would expect the Aussies to stand up in this sort of situation. I can't remember the last time they did hold out for a draw or even get close.

He's not exacty a kid, he's 28. I'm not saying he should be dumped, just saying that he was a rabbit in the headlights.

Back