Steven Smith
Shane Watson
Pat Cummins
Brad Haddin (wk)
Mitchell Johnson
Shaun Marsh
Ricky Ponting
David Warner

Brett Lee is out injured and (with any luck) Johnson might be out of the series injured as well. However, he's a man of steel as far as injuries go so I'm sure this turned ankle will prove a quick recoverable thing.

Johnson bowled today in the Shield game for WA, I'd say he'd be right.

Very short series though, not sure there's much point in having it.

South African Squads:

Castle Lager ODI squad: Hashim Amla (Sunfoil Dolphins, capt), Johan Botha (Chevrolet Warriors), Mark Boucher (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), JP Duminy (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Faf du Plessis (Nashua Titans), Imran Tahir (Sunfoil Dolphins), Jacques Kallis (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), David Miller (Sunfoil Dolphins), Morne Morkel (Nashua Titans), Wayne Parnell (Chevrolet Warriors), Robin Peterson (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Graeme Smith (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Dale Steyn (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Lonwabo Tsotsobe (Chevrolet Warriors).

T20 squad: Hashim Amla (Sunfoil Dolphins, capt), Johan Botha (Chevrolet Warriors), JP Duminy (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Colin Ingram (Chevrolet Warriors), Heino Kuhn (Nashua Titans), Richard Levi (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), David Miller (Sunfoil Dolphins), Albie Morkel (Nashua Titans), Morne Morkel (Nashua Titans), Wayne Parnell (Chevrolet Warriors), Robin Peterson (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Graeme Smith (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras), Rusty Theron (Chevrolet Warriors), Lonwabo Tsotsobe (Chevrolet Warriors).

Jacques Kallis and Dale Steyn has been "rested" from the T20 sides.. I think that is a good thing as it will provide a few young players a change on the international stage. Player to watch to the T20: Richard Levi.. note the name ..

Agree with ljp that this Series is way too short.. Personal take: 1 T20, 3 ODI's and 3 -5 Test matches.. for it to have value for ICC rankings and to be a proper spectacle..

Yeah I agree, but the fans are constantly wanting to see more shorter versions of the game (mostly kids) and with the rise of the IPL and similar league's its no surprise. I reckon this series will be a significant indicator to where Australia stands at the moment. The series in Sri Lanka went well but was not the most convincing.

Hope to see some good results from youngsters like Khawaja, Hughes, Marsh and Cummins

Looks like a pretty weak batting line up you have Steven Smith coming in at number 5 and Mitchell Marsh making his debut at 7..

And that makes it weaker with Warner falling for 20 bowled by Steyn. Very nice delivery.

I'm curious to see what they are going to do with Steve Smith now. He wasn't bowled tonight and with one over left the debutant went out before him.

His golden boy status must be in some danger.

If Watson is back next match, I can't see them playing Marsh again though.

Amla wins the toss and decides to bat at Port Elizabeth.
And with Watson back they've dropped Mitch Marsh and left Steve Smith in ffs.

Amla out caught and bowled Bollinger 1st ball of the game..

Big blow for Aus, 2 big wickets quickly with S.Smith getting G.Smith caught behind and Kallis run out, 3 for 144. SA still should be looking well towards 300 on this wicket though.

Caution is one thing, but defending deliveries in the last 10 overs of a match when you are over 120 runs behind? WTF are they doing? I can't believe that an Aussie team is making so little attempt to actually play.

Why not just give Watson a rest instead of risking him getting injured in these meaningless ODI matches.

They could try putting in a batting line-up that could chase 300, Smith is rubbish. At least Mitch Marsh has a crack.

Well done to the boys, they didn't do it easy and they worked for the win which is good for the future. Some of these young players seem to have the heart to keep working at it even when they are coping a pasting. Now to the main game, Tests.

Australia sent in and already 2 for15 with both the openers gone. Wouldn't want to be out there atm, conditions look pretty tough for batting.

Back