Australia in the West Indies

Re: Australia in the West Indies

Luke Ronchi 64 off 28, Miller just got one to nip his edge through to Ramdin, nonetheless it was a sparkling innings, this bloke's going to be something special. Marsh made a quality 49 too and Watson added 29 at the top of the order and looked to be true to form again starting very confidently before he put one down Powell's throat at third man. Clarke only made 5, but Hussey and Symonds are in now and the Aussies are 4/152 off 22 odd overs, if they keep going at this rate and don't lose too many wickets they should reach 300+, it would be something to aim at now after Ronchi's performance.

Honestly can't see Haddin or Hayden breaking back into the one day side now.

Luke Ronchi 64 off 28, Miller just got one to nip his edge through to Ramdin, nonetheless it was a sparkling innings, this bloke's going to be something special. Marsh made a quality 49 too and Watson added 29 at the top of the order and looked to be true to form again starting very confidently before he put one down Powell's throat at third man. Clarke only made 5, but Hussey and Symonds are in now and the Aussies are 4/152 off 22 odd overs, if they keep going at this rate and don't lose too many wickets they should reach 300+, it would be something to aim at now after Ronchi's performance.

Honestly can't see Haddin or Hayden breaking back into the one day side now.

Hayden will come straight back in the side, his record is too good to ignore SS.

Haddin? Break another finger mate.

Hayden will come straight back in the side, his record is too good to ignore SS.

Haddin? Break another finger mate.

Dave Hussey broke the world record by bringing his 50 up off 19 balls.

Australia finished up with 8/341 off the 50 overs.

West Indies then put up little resistance getting bowled out for 172.

Johnson was the pick of the bowlers taking 5/29.

Australia won the series 5-0.

Dave Hussey broke the world record by bringing his 50 up off 19 balls.

Australia finished up with 8/341 off the 50 overs.

West Indies then put up little resistance getting bowled out for 172.

Johnson was the pick of the bowlers taking 5/29.

Australia won the series 5-0.

Jolldo87;223076 said:
Ponting out with a wrist injury but as you said he is probably being rested

Apparently a bit more serious than that! ;)

Ricky Ponting's wrist injury is worse than first thought. The Australian captain underwent surgery in Melbourne yesterday to repair tissue and tendon damage, and might noto be available for the team's next assignments against Bangladesh and the Champions Trophy.

Ponting damaged the tendon while batting in the second one-day international in Grenada, then played through the pain to post 69 in the ensuing match. He did not complete a full training session thereafter and was flown home prior to Australia's fourth one-dayer in St Kitts.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/...n-first-thought/2008/07/08/1215282792283.html

Jolldo87;223076 said:
Ponting out with a wrist injury but as you said he is probably being rested

Apparently a bit more serious than that! ;)

Ricky Ponting's wrist injury is worse than first thought. The Australian captain underwent surgery in Melbourne yesterday to repair tissue and tendon damage, and might noto be available for the team's next assignments against Bangladesh and the Champions Trophy.

Ponting damaged the tendon while batting in the second one-day international in Grenada, then played through the pain to post 69 in the ensuing match. He did not complete a full training session thereafter and was flown home prior to Australia's fourth one-dayer in St Kitts.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/...n-first-thought/2008/07/08/1215282792283.html

Good news, Dave Hussey will hopefully now finally get the extended run he deserves in the Aussie one day side

Good news, Dave Hussey will hopefully now finally get the extended run he deserves in the Aussie one day side

eddiesmith;223581 said:

I hope this is true but Hayden, Haddin and Ponting all to return I don't see how Hussey will be able to keep his spot. Also Watson scoring some runs he will keep his place. Poor old hussey

eddiesmith;223581 said:

I hope this is true but Hayden, Haddin and Ponting all to return I don't see how Hussey will be able to keep his spot. Also Watson scoring some runs he will keep his place. Poor old hussey

Guru™;223585 said:
Haddin would replace Ronchi, Hayden to take Marsh spot and Hussey would be in untill Ponting returns which that article seems to indicate may be untill the tour of India

Although I'm not sure the Aussies should welcome Hayden back into the ODI side, he wont play the world cup so surely its time for them to move on?

Guru™;223585 said:
Haddin would replace Ronchi, Hayden to take Marsh spot and Hussey would be in untill Ponting returns which that article seems to indicate may be untill the tour of India

Although I'm not sure the Aussies should welcome Hayden back into the ODI side, he wont play the world cup so surely its time for them to move on?

^Agree, Hayden should quit ODIs and concentrate on the last part of his Test career.

^Agree, Hayden should quit ODIs and concentrate on the last part of his Test career.

Hayden wont quit until his form says so.

Until then he is a firm part of rthe Australian batting lineup.

Dreadful news on Ponting I must add.

Hayden wont quit until his form says so.

Until then he is a firm part of rthe Australian batting lineup.

Dreadful news on Ponting I must add.

Surely like many old players before him, the Aussie selectors need to push him so they can focus on the next world cup which there is no chance of him playing in?

Surely like many old players before him, the Aussie selectors need to push him so they can focus on the next world cup which there is no chance of him playing in?

Back