Australia team v New Zealand ODI

Re: Australia team v New Zealand ODI

Nah, it'll be similar to the test side I reckon.

Hogg
Lee
Johnson
Clark

Symonds and Clarke will then bowl ten overs between them to bring the total to 50 overs. Hilfenhaus will probably play a few games due to the rotation policy, Tait may also play a couple of games.

Noffke is a fair way off playing for Australia although if he keeps going like he has this season, the selectors may sit up and take notice.

what about bracken?

he has been so good in ODI's

i'll go with

Lee
Bracken rotating with Johnson
Hogg
Clark

Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Johnson
Will they use a rotation policy? They didn't in a long tour to India, except for a Twenty20 towards the end. Tait and Hilfenhaus will get some games if it does happen. Noffke? Much better with the bat than the last 2 I mentioned, but there's a queue with the all the positions, and Noffke, though his form has been sensational, is only 3rd in line and it's very hard to jump the queue.

Jolldo87;194745 said:
what about bracken?

he has been so good in ODI's

i'll go with

Lee
Bracken rotating with Johnson
Hogg
Clark

Whoops!! Forgot about Bracken!

Bracken will be in there for sure. Replace Johnson with Bracken, Bracken is one of our best one-day bowlers.

Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Clark

I would say that Johnson would be the first to come in due to the rotattion policy and perhaps Hilfenhaus. Tait would be a long way off though, I can't see Tait getting too many one-day berths during the summer unless there's a few injuries. There's too mnay quicks competing for spots and the selectors won't replace all three first choice pace bowlers.

1. Hayden
2. Gilchrist
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Symonds
6. Hussey
7. Jaques????
8. Hogg
9. Lee
10. Bracken
11. Clark

Jolldo87;194877 said:
1. Hayden
2. Gilchrist
3. Ponting
4. Clarke
5. Symonds
6. Hussey
7. Jaques????
8. Hogg
9. Lee
10. Bracken
11. Clark

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
???? anyone but watson
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Clark

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Hopes?? Haddin?? :confused:
Hogg
Lee/Bracken/Clark/Tait/Johnson

No bowler is assured a spot in the one day team. The fact it rotates around so much with consistantly good players shows the strength of Australian Cricket. Hilfenhaus doesn't even come into consideration and he would be the opening bowler had he been born in England.

Here's the squad,

Commonwealth Bank Chappell Hadlee Trophy squad:

Ricky Ponting (captain) - TAS, 32
Adam Gilchrist (vice-captain) - WA, 36
Nathan Bracken - NSW, 30
Michael Clarke - NSW, 26
Brad Haddin - NSW, 30
Matthew Hayden - QLD, 36
Brad Hogg - WA, 36
James Hopes - QLD, 29
Michael Hussey - WA, 32
Mitchell Johnson - QLD, 26
Brett Lee - NSW, 31
Andrew Symonds - QLD, 32
Shaun Tait - SA, 24

No Stuart Clark in the side so he won't be taking part in this series unless there's an injury. James Hopes and Brad Haddin are into the squad as is Shaun Tait. Some interesting permutations there with that line-up, quite a few things could go down at the selection table.

Ljp86;194785 said:
Whoops!! Forgot about Bracken!

Bracken will be in there for sure. Replace Johnson with Bracken, Bracken is one of our best one-day bowlers.

Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Clark

I would say that Johnson would be the first to come in due to the rotattion policy and perhaps Hilfenhaus. Tait would be a long way off though, I can't see Tait getting too many one-day berths during the summer unless there's a few injuries. There's too mnay quicks competing for spots and the selectors won't replace all three first choice pace bowlers.

im pretty sure tait dominated the world cup.

TheStraighter1;195843 said:
im pretty sure tait dominated the world cup.

Tait's been injured, so it puts him back into the pack. Johnson, Lee, Hogg and Bracken all played well in the one-dayers against India a couple of months ago and Tait has only just started to come back into form after playing a few games.

Some poor form by one of the quicks, an injury or the desire to play four fast bowlers would see Tait into the team.

I like the idea of Haddin in there as a batsman. The more games he gets now, the easier the transition will be when Gilly goes, and less pressure on Haddin when he does take over.

el-capitano;197176 said:
I like the idea of Haddin in there as a batsman. The more games he gets now, the easier the transition will be when Gilly goes, and less pressure on Haddin when he does take over.

when gilly goes will haddin open or will jaques come in and open then haddin will slot in at 7?

personally i would prefer haddin at 7 and jaques opening.

anyone for michael clarke opening?

Jolldo87;197214 said:
when gilly goes will haddin open or will jaques come in and open then haddin will slot in at 7?

personally i would prefer haddin at 7 and jaques opening.

anyone for michael clarke opening?

I actually see Jaques opening instead of Hayden.

The one player I wish was back in the team is the Kaaaaaattttttttt!

Katich is the scapegoat for any loss, which is tough on him, as he's the nicest guy you'd meet.

el-capitano;197350 said:
I actually see Jaques opening instead of Hayden.

The one player I wish was back in the team is the Kaaaaaattttttttt!

Katich is the scapegoat for any loss, which is tough on him, as he's the nicest guy you'd meet.

yeah i'd love to see katich but there is no room for him. He is much better at number 4 not opening and it's just not possible for him to get into our team in the middle order. In any other country he would be a regular starter.

Back