Australia tour of India 2010

What will be the outcome for for the India-Australia Tests?

• Draw (India retains the trophy)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Australia tour of India 2010

Surely that is it for North?

His backlift his too high for my liking, especially for a guy who comes in at 6 when the ball is likely to be reversing.

Win/lose or draw he should be dropped for the next test.

Hughes should be drafted into the starting eleven; the configuration of the batting order is a minor issue and should not hide the fact that North is a walking wicket at the moment.

9/187, an innings characterised by a few poor shots and a dodgy umpiring call.

Lead is 210, that won't be near enough.

216 is the target India have to chase.

At least we have a glimmer of hope.

Need to grab a few poles tonight.

Disappointed with all the batsmen.

This keeps happening, and sooner or later, someone is going to have to make a decision with either Hussey or North or both.

Hmm, things have gotten interesting. Gambhir was out in the first over, LBW to Hilfenhaus. The decision was a howler, Gambhir inside edged it but was given out anyway. Dravid snicked Bollinger behind again, almost exactly the same way he got out in the first innings and now Sehwag is out too, guiding Hilfenhaus straight to Hussey in the gully.

3/48 now, India are a little bit of trouble. Raina joins Tendulkar at the crease.

Now Raina's gone. The plan was to bowl bouncers and it's worked, Raina tries to get on top of it but edges and North takes an easy catch in the slips.

4/48 now, Raina gone for a duck and Hilfenhaus has three wickets. Zaheer is in as nightwatchman, perhaps a little early for that as there are potentially 14 overs still to bowl.

That's stumps, India finish at 4/55. Tendulkar not out on 10, Zaheer on five.

Very even game heading into the final day.

OurTimeWillCome;409797 said:
Nah, game can't go past 9:30 Queensland time. No matter how many overs are left.

Didn't notice the time, over rate was pretty poor today then.

I think India should just about edge it on home soil. And as this cricket betting blog rightly points out, the mighty Harnhjan may be the man that makes the difference. He's certainly changed the face of Indian cricket in recent years.

Yep, this game is pretty even at this stage. Although, with Laxman inhibited by a bad back, you'd be tempted to give the advantage ever so slightly to Australia.

Indeed, both TAB and Sportsbet have Australia as favourites.

India's days as number 1 are almost certainly numbered; their batting order is not getting any younger. I'd love nothing more then for the Australians to rock and roll the Indian batting order tomorrow.

Who knows, is a tie out of the question?

All in all, something tells me that this test match is destined to be a classic.

Ljp86;409799 said:
That's stumps, India finish at 4/55. Tendulkar not out on 10, Zaheer on five.

Very even game heading into the final day.

Didn't notice the time, over rate was pretty poor today then.

At the start of the 3rd session, there was still 40 overs to be bowled. I think 78 were bowled on day 4, take 2 off for the change of innings. 10 overs just disappeared. That is a hell of a lot of cricket.

8/122, Zaheer fell pretty early in the day. Tendulkar and Laxman were going well for a while there until Tendulkar was cramped for room and cut Bollinger straight to Hussey in the gully.

Dhoni was run out about five minutes ago, Laxman (who's batting with a runner) drove down towards mid-off, Hilfenhaus got there and Raina (running for Laxman) and Dhoni both stopped in the middle. Dhoni eventually got going towards the striker's end but Hilfenhaus threw the ball from mid-on and it was a direct hit, Dhoni out by a metre.

And now Harbhajan is gone, he scored two off the first ball from Bollinger to avoid the king pair but Bollinger bowled the next one in short, it kept low and Harbhajan tried to keep out of the way but it hit his glove and ballooned to Ponting at second slip.

India were looking okay but three quick wickets has changed all that.

66 runs to win, this is getting tense.

Johnson has been bowling the best so far IMO, but to no avail wicket-wise.

Hilfenhaus and Bollinger have 3 each and both bowling very well as well, so is Hauritz. Good bowling performance so far.

Now all that stands in the way is a very good last innings scorer Laxman. If India win this they will be extremely happy.

India win by one wicket.

Sounds like a great contest.

Bollinger has picked up a side strain unfortunately. That explains why he was dragged from the attack and has not returned.

Heart breaking loss for the australians.

OurTimeWillCome;409892 said:
India win by one wicket.

Sounds like a great contest.

Bollinger has picked up a side strain unfortunately. That explains why he was dragged from the attack and has not returned.

Heart breaking loss for the australians.

I thought the bowling was pretty good but without much luck until ump intervened. Sharma got beaten a lot but just didn't quite nick it.

Unless players hit out, Hauritz really doesn't look like taking wickets, does he?

Plumb LB at the end, I hate to say it but the Indians were owed that one.

Another great last day. One of these light years, the Aussies will bowl out the tail and win one of these matches against a decent team.

Look to be honest, I really don't care that we lost. In the scheme of things, this is a pointless series. It was so close, it could have gone either way.

This was a great match and hopefully it will give test cricket a bit of a boost.

The umpiring was appalling; both sides benefitted at certain times. However, the great finish should not cloud the fact that the referral system needs to be introduced across teh board. It is an absolute disgrace that this is not the case.

The two umpires are out in the blazing heat, for 5 days straight. Lets make their job easier. It is absolutely bewildering that India doesn't have the referral system, considering the uproar that was associated with the Sydney test a few years. India can easily afford it, I think their refusal to use it relates to the fact that the Indian players can never choose the right time to use it.

Im concerned about the injury to Doug Bollinger, especially with the Ashes 50 odd days away.

Looks like Peter George will make his debut in the next test, unless the selectors decide to play 2 spinners. But with Hauritz's performance in this match that is unlikely.

The pitch is likely to be an absolute road to ensure a draw and an Indian series victory.

Therefore, I'd be tempted to play Smith in place of North and go in with a legspinner to give us a total of 6 bowlers to use.

Whatever happens; North needs to be ejected.

Back