Australia vs England - The Ashes 2021/22

Bit of an enigma this kid. Still young so has time to turn around his red ball career. Bancroft is interesting. Has to be in the mix too for a recall. Coming off a good shield season.. @48 with three tons. He is another that appears to have been working on his technical flaws.

I hate using the BBL as form but hopefully his form there transfers to the Shield in the latter part of the season he’s too good to average like 10

Another greentop. Does Pat bowl first or have us bat on probably the easiest day of the match.

Boy Hazlewood will be spitting chips missing out on some of the best seaming decks in years. He'd have thrived on these.

when the cracks appear
Yeh fair point under normal Sydney summer weather when 35c temps bake the deck.

Warner and Harris will struggle on this greentop. Not be surprised if we are two down pretty quickly as Jimmy and Broad will relish bowling here first and against two lefties.

Last edited:
Bit of a surprise it is Robinson being replaced. Has been one of their most consistent bowlers.

Glad that Uzzie will get his comeback on his spiritual home ground.

Kurtis has been a bit up and down past few years. That century he posted in Nov at SCG was top drawer quality tho. Not an easy deck that one.

LJ and Sooz you two watch more BBL than I. Tell me who you think the best players of spin have been in recent times. I mean those that are clever against the spinner rather than use risky slog sweeping. Have been trawling batting stats for best spin players in the Shield but unable to find a thing. Two guys I have identified are Sam Heaslett and Mac Wright. Any others.
I'd have Adam Zampa in who can spin it. But at the moment he's covid affected.
Just like the all the stars squad. Also the Heat Squad have players affected as well.

As for Bancroft in an Aus U19 game he made 200+ in India on a turning dust bowl to put it in perspective the next highest score was 40 odd
Bancroft had his contract terminated in the whole sandpapergate thing. He won't be back.

The guy ruined his own career by tampering with the ball and getting caught doing so

Wa
I'd have Adam Zampa in who can spin it.
I asked about our best players of spin Sooz.

Just as I said the sun in shining but no play due to a wet outfield.

Woops we have play. yeehah to all those doubters that Sydney was going to be a total washout.

Back