Australia vs England - The Ashes 2021/22

Well we got in almost 50 overs. More than most of us expected at the start.

3-126 at stumps. Losing Marnus late was a blow.

Last edited:
Bit of an enigma this kid. Still young so has time to turn around his red ball career. Bancroft is interesting. Has to be in the mix too for a recall. Coming off a good shield season.. @48 with three tons. He is another that appears to have been working on his technical flaws.

CA should have arranged an A team to tour the sub continent concurrently with our Test squad with some of our best spin players. To have them cherry ripe if we have any Test failures. Wont happen because of its obsession with white ball.

Baggers

Not sure Bancroft would be in the conversation at this stage. While he did average 48.42 last season, his average this season has been 22.66 and Hunt and Street would be ahead of him. Sam Whiteman would probably be a better option, averaging 47.57 so far this season. I dare say he'd be the test wicketkeeper now if he didn't damage his fingers several years ago and have to give up keeping.

I think we have our future opening spots sewn up. Possible recallees like Renshaw, Handscomb or Bancroft can battle it out for any middle order spots that open up. The three should be considered for the sub cont tours as they all are competent spin players. But we know that wont happen as CA does not split a winning team.

Ok he has done fine with ball and bat this series.. his first success with the ball in past three series or so. But why is CA talking up Mitchell Starc as an all rounder. I know why, to shore up his spot in our frontline attack and ward off any negative or critical talk of his dumping. Hello CA, 1700 runs and a mere ten 50s from 95 innings does not scream out 'I am all round status". A uselful late order bat, yes.

Sam Whiteman
I have been pushing for Sam for some time now. His batting has come along in leaps and bounds since he handed the WA gloves to Inglis after his shocking finger injury. He has steadily improved his returns past three shield seasons @34 19/20, @40 20/21, @47 21/22. I'd have had him over Harris past two years.

Not sure Bancroft would be in the conversation at this stage. While he did average 48.42 last season, his average this season has been 22.66 and Hunt and Street would be ahead of him. Sam Whiteman would probably be a better option, averaging 47.57 so far this season. I dare say he'd be the test wicketkeeper now if he didn't damage his fingers several years ago and have to give up keeping.
This.

I also reckon that Cam Bancroft needs to play at sheffield shield level and be serious at his craft. Instead of being somebody who is always negative about who is currently in the Aussie team when the fact is he dobbed them in for something he did himself.

It's like all the haters who don't like Justin Langer. Justin's awesome. We know this because of how good he was when he coached the scorchers for the first few years.

Warnie going off his rocker again as usual.
Geez what a flog he is.

Maybe Warnie should be a spin bowling coach for England.
He might get told where to go.

Who thinks the changed ball is doing more than the original?

This is no more than mizzle. Radar showing all clear too . Play cricket. Punters paid good money to watch a Test match.

Poms must think the rest of the cricket world are so backward when it comes to pitch covering. We continue to use the old fashioned way.. tractor to transport the covers to the square while they use a hover cover. How cool is that.

Baggers

Last edited:

This is no more than mizzle. Radar showing nothing bad.

Poms must think the rest of the world are so backard when it comes to pitch covering. We continue to use the old fashioned way.. tractor to transport the covers to the square while they use a hover cover. How cool is that.

this is the last of that annoying band of rain. Shouldn’t get much more

Important session doesn’t matter about runs just get through no wickets lost
So far so good. But these stop start rain delays are a tax on your concentration.

That last off field was barely worth it. Umps are a little lost here. Just take a squizz at the radar fellars.

50 partnership now between the two old blokes.

Any point to this Stokes short pitched ploy.

Baggers

Last edited:

This is no more than mizzle. Radar showing all clear too . Play cricket. Punters paid good money to watch a Test match.

Poms must think the rest of the cricket world are so backward when it comes to pitch covering. We continue to use the old fashioned way.. tractor to transport the covers to the square while they use a hover cover. How cool is that.

Baggers
Weather conditions and pitch conditions play a big part.

Watch the fast bowlers bowling.
It's the way how they bowl the ball

Weather conditions and pitch conditions play a big part.
Certainly do. These conditions, tho, have been the same as yesterday when two balls were used.. The changed ball clearly offered more movement to my eye. Probable reason was a drier seam.

England have made inroads with the second cherry. The new Kooka is providing just sufficient nibble to beat the bat.

Cameron Green has struggled against the moving ball this series.. and he is not the only one. But will CA now decide they may have handed the youngster his baggy green cap a touch too soon given he has to hone two disciplines and that take lots of time. So now the selectors have to make the decision that impacts his immediate future by either keeping him in the Test squad or asking him to go back to state cricket or even club cricket to work on one or two technical issues.

Baggers

Last edited:
Certainly do. These conditions, tho, have been the same as yesterday when two balls were used.. The changed ball clearly offered more movement to my eye. Probable reason was a drier seam. With the sun out this arvo batting will become easier.

England have made inroads with the second cherry. The new Kooka is providing just sufficient nibble to beat the bat.

Cameron Green has struggled against the moving ball this series.. and he is not the only one. But will CA now decide they may have handed the youngster his baggy green cap a touch too soon given he has to hone two disciplines and that take lots of time. So now the selectors have to make the decision that impacts his immediate future by either keeping him in the Test squad or asking him to go back to state cricket or even club cricket to work on one or two technical issues.

Baggers
green is tall. You don't really expect a tall cricketer to be making a thing of batting

Besides the occasional great stuff with the ball I don't get the hype around Cam Green.

And don't start me on Harris. He wouldn't have got a look in in that average mid 80's team had he been born in that era.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I don't get the hype around Cam Green.
@52 FC. Topped the '20/21 run list with close to 1000 runs. I doubt he has played on such lively tracks in Australia before and against a relentless England attack. All part of the learning curve of becoming a Test class batsman.

Back