Australia vs England - The Ashes 2021/22

What a century! Get In Travis Head! Well played son!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
We have more patient batsman than Trav but he has this knack of reading when a side may be going off the boil by turning pressure back onto your opposition.

Last edited:
CA keep talking up Harris on the back of his one decent knock for the series, his 76 in Melbourne. Check out his other six scores.3,9,3,23,27,38. Started poorly then his usual blueprint of getting starts and perishing. Still only 3 fifties, no tons from 26 innings career wise. His conversion rate is abysmal. Regardless, he still looks likely to make the Pakistan tour. Bewildering.

CA were bullish on Harris because they thought he could fill a role but he has been found wanting a bit, his average of just under 30 for the series confirms that. I would say he'll be retained for the tour of Pakistan in March and will be given every chance in the Sheffield Shield when that commences in February once the Big Bash League has finished.

Instead of years of autobahns we needed to be preparing grassy Shield pitches to better prepare us for similar ones we may encounter either here or abroad. Clearly even our best batsmen have forgotten how to handle the moving ball. Smith said Melbourne was the hardest pitch he has played on. This Bellerive one looks just as challenging.

Agree and it has been refreshing to have some decks that offer something for the bowlers but also have good balance between bat and ball throughout the game. I certainly think Australia's batters could benefit from pitches which require them to work harder with the willow to prepare them to play in places such as England, New Zealand and South Africa. It will ensure our batters improve their skills against a swinging and seaming ball which can only make them better overall players.

it has been refreshing to have some decks that offer something for the bowlers but also have good balance between bat and ball throughout the game
We may have overstepped a bit tho as these are green grassy monsters. Only the most sold technique will survive and both sides are not all that flush with those. That and the adventurous risk takers such as Travis Head and Ben Stokes who both have the knack of sensing when to turn the pressure back onto your opposition. Head did it in Brissie and again here in Hobart .. both occasions when arguably England's best but most brittle and unfit bowler Ollie Robinson was indisposed. Broad had carried much of the earlier attack and was spent. Remaining were the painfully out of form Woakes and Wood who is fast but prone to be erratic. Travis and Marnus decided this was the perfect time to push the button.

We may have overstepped a bit tho as these are green grassy monsters. Only the most sold technique will survive and both sides are not all that flush with those. That and the adventurous risk takers such as Travis Head and Ben Stokes who both have the knack of sensing when to turn the pressure back onto your opposition. Head did it in Brissie and again here in Hobart .. both occasions when arguably England's best but most brittle and unfit bowler Ollie Robinson was indisposed. Broad had carried much of the earlier attack and was spent. Remaining were the painfully out of form Woakes and Wood who is fast but prone to be erratic. Travis and Marnus decided this was the perfect time to push the button.

This wasn’t a green monster jeez go look at a few in England or NZ that are. It was tough for a session then flattened out. New ball wicket really

This will flatten out as game goes on. Melbourne was a monster. Others decidedly bowler friendly. By later in the game they have become more a fair contest between bat and ball. Having challenging tracks is a good thing as it will make us better batsmen in the long run. As I said shield decks needed to be like these years ago not the autobahns we have had instead.

If interested in U19 WC there are posts on the Aussie Pathway Cricket thread. I still winge every world cup that there is not a red ball component included. Ditto our national underage championships.

Last edited:
You will be warned just the once for trolling 6 69er . I am deleting your post. Once more and you will be asked to leave the forum.

Racist phh. Who are you. Not Mike or Paddles? Ok this is your last warning. I wont stand for personal attacks on our members so you are not welcome here. Only sorry I dont have the jurisdiction to ban you. Meanwhile you will be put on ignore and the forum owner notified..

Last edited:
You will be warned just the once for trolling 6 69er . I am deleting your post. Once more and you will be asked to leave the forum.
I remember
I remember him Richie, didn't he troll you and Mal and then had a go at me?

Yes Jessica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrific pressure from Barrell. Hold your bloody ground slippers if it is a speckie. Smith has the best hands in world cricket..he'd have swallowed that. Green also denied a wicket earlier because a review was not called. The Poms should be all out by now.

Last edited:
We are still struggling with cordon spacial awareness. In other words where each slipper needs to be stationed to best perform. The comms were saying that they are too close to each other. May explain Carey's reluctance to go for a couple earlier in the series thinking they were Warners and Uzzie going for that speckie just now.

Last edited:
Back