3rd Test, January 3-7, Sydney
1st Twenty20, January 11, Melbourne
2nd Twenty20, January 13, Brisbane
1st ODI, January 16, Melbourne
2nd ODI, January 18, Hobart
3rd ODI, January 23, Sydney
4th ODI, January 26, Adelaide
5th ODI, January 30, Perth

Good move to drop the tri-series, format was tired and too long. Great to see Perth receive 2 one day matches for the first time in many years.

Also 20/20 gets an extra match with 3 now.

Re: Australian 08/09 International Summer @ Home

Still 10 onedayers that are played and they are back to back. Only difference is the fact that there will be no non-australian matches

I actually liked the tri-series, will be interesting to see how this new format for the summer goes.

Two tests against New Zealand isn't enough in my opinion, I think it should be three.

I'm not sure how this will all work, wouldn't the Australian team get very tired after all these games ?

Ljp86;218484 said:
I actually liked the tri-series, will be interesting to see how this new format for the summer goes.

Two tests against New Zealand isn't enough in my opinion, I think it should be three.

I didn't mind the tri-series either but it had become tired and when a weak country toured there was too many dead rubbers. Maybe just play it occasionally.

As for the Tests, 4 against S.Africa would've been nice with them being one of the best teams.

blacklightning;218487 said:
I'm not sure how this will all work, wouldn't the Australian team get very tired after all these games ?

Its no different to their current schedule.

What I want to know is next year when NZ arent touring, are they still going to fit in those 3 Chappell Hadlee one dayers home and away on top of these games against whoever we are playing next year?

I don't like two 20/20s against the one country. The gimmick will get tired.

loopy_cam;218684 said:
I don't like two 20/20s against the one country. The gimmick will get tired.

T20 is here to stay my friend, bring the crowds in and more importantly is opening cricket upto a whole different audience. Jump on it mate.

Kram81;218493 said:
I didn't mind the tri-series either but it had become tired and when a weak country toured there was too many dead rubbers. Maybe just play it occasionally.

As for the Tests, 4 against S.Africa would've been nice with them being one of the best teams.

The more cricket the better IMO. I loved the Tri-Series purely because that meant there was more cricket on the TV. Shame its gone.

Back