Australian All-Time Test Team Draft

el-capitano

Australian All-Time Test Team Draft

I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with a draft.

Basically its a group of people, picking one at a time their particular team, with each player only being allowed to be picked once in the draft.

See this as an example of one done for Liverpool FC! ;)

Liverpool All-Time Draft - Page 3 - Liverpool FC History - Soccer forum - BigSoccer

I thought we'd see if there was much interest in trying one on here, we might cap the entrants at say 6-8 so that we're not picking guys like Phil Emery as a keeper! ;)

We take turns at picking guys for your best ever Aussie test team from all ages, but you usually post a pic, some stats, why you picked him etc, and then he's off the market. So only one person can get Bradman, or one can get Warney etc.

It forces the people to go back and learn about some players of old in order to pick a good team. Its been done on bigsoccer every year, and I thought I'd try it here to see how it goes.

Re: Australian All-Time Test Team Draft

We draw a random order in which to pick.

We'll give each guy a day to post his pick, or he gets bumped to the end of the list to make his pick.

Obviously a PM to the next poster after you've made your pick wouldn't go astray if someone hasnt posted anything for half a day etc!

I'm in. If you got more interest (or overseas interest), you could make it an international XI.

By the by, are there any fantasy cricket leagues online for the Australian domestic competition? I'd be keen for that next year.

So I thought we might pick our First XI and a twelfth man, made up of at least two proper test match openers (ie: not saying I'd like Gilly opening), a wicket keeper and at least one spin bowler, and the rest is up to you re amount of batters, all rounders, fast bowlers etc you want to list.

Any suggestions etc- post them in here!

Cheers! :)

Caesar;342129 said:
I'm in. If you got more interest (or overseas interest), you could make it an international XI.

By the by, are there any fantasy cricket leagues online for the Australian domestic competition? I'd be keen for that next year.
I was thinking we might do that next- there's so many topics we could go through! ;)

How about a management game. We take control of a domestic team, start with their list, make trades and such, We could even get like a training thing going (i know it's hard), but say every training they are assigned, they increase their average .10 or something.

Turn it up. We all know that your draft is going to proceed as follows:

1. Go here.

2. Ctrl-C

3. Ctrl-V

breeno;342134 said:
How about a management game. We take control of a domestic team, start with their list, make trades and such, We could even get like a training thing going (i know it's hard), but say every training they are assigned, they increase their average .10 or something.
One at a time mate! :p

We'll see how this goes.

So, so far we've got

el-cap
dk
caesar
mousey
hattrick
postman pav
eddie smith

and breeno??

what do you think we should cap it at- 8 players, 10?

Statsguru is your friend by the way fellas! ;)

eg: Here's a list of all 29 Australian wicket keepers.......

Cricinfo Statsguru - Test matches - Fielding records

Don't add any more players IMO.

If breeno wants to thats fine but leave it at that.

postmanpav;342207 said:
Don't add any more players IMO.

If breeno wants to thats fine but leave it at that.

Na sorry guys, I don't really have much knowledge of older players.

el-cap
dk
caesar
mousey
hattrick
postman pav
eddie smith
bundybullz

Ok- that's 8 and sounds like a good round figure! ;)

I'll host the draw- don't worry- I've got Cricket Australia and ICC representatives here to supervise it- I seriously hope that I don't draw myself first and it looks suss! :D

Lets say we start it tomorrow at Wednesday 10:50am, with the first pick.

Another idea I have seen is that we reverse the draw at the end of every round, ie the 8th person to pick becomes the first to pick the new round and then it gets reversed again at the end of round 2 etc. Does that sound fairer to all?

I'd prefer to just go in whatever order we get chosen. If you have 8 people with a day and a half to pick, if you're #1 it's going to be three weeks between rounds.

On that note, maybe rethink the timeframes. 1.5 days x 8 people x 12 players = a little under 5 months from go to whoa.

And the draw has been completed!

Round One is:

Hattrick
PostmanPav
DK
Bundy
Caesar
El-Cap
Eddie
Mousey

Caesar;342267 said:
I'd prefer to just go in whatever order we get chosen. If you have 8 people with a day and a half to pick, if you're #1 it's going to be three weeks between rounds.

On that note, maybe rethink the timeframes. 1.5 days x 8 people x 12 players = a little under 5 months from go to whoa.

I was hoping that people would post straight away if they could and it was their go- however we'd give them a day's grace to post if they had internet issues- but if you want to be harsher- thats fine with me! ;)

Back