Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

the_don88;121357 said:
Whats the point of saying move on if you go and put your 2 bobs worth underneath. Your just adding fuel to the fire which contradicted what you previously said.
In case you didn't notice nothing has been said about it for a while until you come along. Looks like your fishing so the argument will start up again.
Take your own advice from the start of your first column and move on.

Jesus! I go out of town for a couple of days and i come back to this!! Must be a touchy subject. I play in the bloody 3rds at a club to remain nameless, not giving you lads that much haha, I wouldn't take me seriously, I just get on these things looking for a bite.

So whats the next controversial subject on the agenda? Im sure iv got some useless insight on it....

Ok Colonel, we've heard your bowling side, whats your BCA batting line up? Id go with Kelton, Sandwidth, Bambury, Pyke, Fletcher, Cape.

Mountie;121403 said:
Ok Colonel, we've heard your bowling side, whats your BCA batting line up? Id go with Kelton, Sandwidth, Bambury, Pyke, Fletcher, Cape.

Agian being away for a while, I am probably not qualified to comment on this years form but I would probably offer up a couple of the 'fossils' in Jeffrey, and PC Cartledge they always get the job done particularly when their sides are under the pump.
Is Banwell back from Melbourne at Napoleons this season? he would be close as well......

Colonel;121532 said:
Agian being away for a while, I am probably not qualified to comment on this years form but I would probably offer up a couple of the 'fossils' in Jeffrey, and PC Cartledge they always get the job done particularly when their sides are under the pump.
Is Banwell back from Melbourne at Napoleons this season? he would be close as well......

Banwell hasn't made a run all year. All this hype about him and he hasn't delivered.
Did you hear about Naps are brining in the East Point star Dan Jordan as well as Trav Fu ck! Sorry i mean Faulkhead into the side against Mount Clear. Do you think they could be a tad worried about the form that the mounties are in. will be a great game this weekend, as will a couple of others. My tip for the top four are:
Wendouree
Golden Point
Naps Sebas
Mt clear or Ballarat Redan (depends on this weeks results)

Who do you guys think???

Who won the 20/20 matches last night? Is the final next week? My tip would be Wendouree for this comp. They have too much batting firepower.

Colonel;121532 said:

Agreed Jeffrey and PC would be in the mix. I would be interested to see a Best BCA line up and how the best possible team would shape up in the premier competition. I have played at that level and think that if the 'best' BCA players were all actually available it would be quite a competitive side, but only the best not 2 or 3 to make up the numbers. I honestly dont think the Ballarat district could be far away from emulating Geelong on that front. I mean if Nth Ballarat can play football at the state level and quite well, with a bit of preperation, some more profesionalism and some solid sponsors Ballarat isnt that far away from being at that level. Frankston have done the same down there, and won! Can you imagine a combined Ballarat and district side in the premier comp? Players would be looked at for state level cricket without having to relocate to Melbourne. Might seem rediculous, but its not when you actually look deeply at it.

the_don88;121590 said:
Banwell hasn't made a run all year. All this hype about him and he hasn't delivered.
Did you hear about Naps are brining in the East Point star Dan Jordan as well as Trav Fu ck! Sorry i mean Faulkhead into the side against Mount Clear. Do you think they could be a tad worried about the form that the mounties are in. will be a great game this weekend, as will a couple of others. My tip for the top four are:
Wendouree
Golden Point
Naps Sebas
Mt clear or Ballarat Redan (depends on this weeks results)

Who do you guys think???

Yeah agree on banwell, yet to prove himself, no question he has talent, but this was identified early has had a lot of time to muture, for his sake I can only hope it is around the corner.

Faulkhead could be a real danger for the first few games, coming back from that level you are a class above for a little while untill you get brought back down to the standard.

the_don88;121591 said:
Who won the 20/20 matches last night? Is the final next week? My tip would be Wendouree for this comp. They have too much batting firepower.

Yeah wendouree look quite strong in the batting department dont they. Will be interesting to see if it holds up all season...

I am glad it was played last night because you guys wouldn't be able to see anything now because of this really stinky smoke haze.

the_don88;121591 said:

Yes Wendouree looking the goods, especially with the bat. Few big hitters.

Wouldn't write Mt.Clear off. Mate of mine at Golden Point (i know very funny a mate from point!) said they were easily beaten by Mt.Clear last night. And they won the comp last year didn't they against Castlemaine at Cricket Willow.

pidgeon fan;121636 said:
I am glad it was played last night because you guys wouldn't be able to see anything now because of this really stinky smoke haze.

Agree with that Pidge, bit tough on the nostrils today with all this smoke kicking around.

Golden Golly;121653 said:
Agree with that Pidge, bit tough on the nostrils today with all this smoke kicking around.

So i take it you played then Goldy. Hmmm interseting! Whats your favourite colour??

Golden Golly;121653 said:

Yeah I hear a few blokes were bowling smoke up there! HAHAHA oh my god Im so funny!

the_don88;121887 said:
So i take it you played then Goldy. Hmmm interseting! Whats your favourite colour??

Golden hey? Im sure what it is you like that is golden? Is that a shower outside.... oh nup just the wind.

umpires should be seen and not heard.one of the greatest umpires of all time was Dickie Bird and his motto was that the players are the most important people on the ground. he was well respected because he went about his business with a smile and a bit of humour and respected the players. who are the best umpires?

straight bat;121933 said:
umpires should be seen and not heard.one of the greatest umpires of all time was Dickie Bird and his motto was that the players are the most important people on the ground. he was well respected because he went about his business with a smile and a bit of humour and respected the players. who are the best umpires?

I like Don as far as his decisions go, he is consistant giving the batsmen the benifit when there is doubt, he does make his presence a little too felt at times though and off the field is another opinion again, not bad I just question a few things. Also Ronny (cant recall his last name) is also very good he is exactly what you describe above, goes about it with a smile, doesn't impose himself on the game and remains consistant in his decisions. There is also a new bloke this year Aaron someone, top fella, really cheerful and makes an effort to engage a relationship with the players. I also enjoy his decisions because he is consistant but not affraid to give a close LBW if he thinks it is out. I like these types of umpires because they encourage the bowler to attack and the batsmen to hit it, makes for a good contest.

straight bat;121933 said:

You say umpires should be seen and not heard and then you relate it to Dickie bird? Umpire Dickie Bird was the biggest crowd pleaser of them all. he was definately seen and heard. He was also a good umpire

the_don88;122071 said:
You say umpires should be seen and not heard and then you relate it to Dickie bird? Umpire Dickie Bird was the biggest crowd pleaser of them all. he was definately seen and heard. He was also a good umpire

I think this has been taken the wrong way Don, Billy Bowden, super umpire comical humorous and consistant, certainly seen and heard. But not imposing on the game and its players, I think that is what old straight bat meant.

Mountie;122078 said:
I think this has been taken the wrong way Don, Billy Bowden, super umpire comical humorous and consistant, certainly seen and heard. But not imposing on the game and its players, I think that is what old straight bat meant.

sorry my mistake. So how do you know straight bat is old. Do you see him behind closed doors and he gives you the old straight bat or what??

Some big games coming up this week and will no doubt shape this years top four. So who are your predictions???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back