Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

the_don88;121073 said:
What about you? Whats your involvement? If you haven"t had Don umpire you than you shouldnt comment. To know him is one thing but to have him as an umpire is a completely different thing.
I know him. Very well. He used to co coach me when i was a junior at football and he is a good bloke. But there is one thing you want from all umpires and thats consistency. Wouldnt you agree???
He is a member of the Ballarat Football Umpires Association. He is the most consistant umpire around......
I have goal umpired with him and he is one to learn from. He's not a dickhead and many people in here shouldn't pick on him.

pidgeon fan;121075 said:
He is a member of the Ballarat Football Umpires Association. He is the most consistant umpire around......
I have goal umpired with him and he is one to learn from. He's not a dickhead and many people in here shouldn't pick on him.

But have you had him umpire you in cricket? with regards to the consistency comment i was talking about suspensions. I heard on the grape vine that a cricket which i will not name (starts with B, ends with ambury) repeated an incident which was very similar to Sidebottom and didnt get anything. To top it off, this player has had previous trouble with the tribunal. IT was Sidebottoms first offence.

the_don88;121069 said:
rumour is that the colonel is an ex bca player but now is living in the west to work on his tan.
can you confirm this????

Lads, thats the idea of having an alias on these forums.

I hear the Ballarat grounds are pretty dry and getting very dangerous, whats thoughts on what might happen with cricket after Xmas? Some big scores being posted, can't be much fun for the bowlers & fielders.

the_don88;121076 said:
But have you had him umpire you in cricket? with regards to the consistency comment i was talking about suspensions. I heard on the grape vine that a cricket which i will not name (starts with B, ends with ambury) repeated an incident which was very similar to Sidebottom and didnt get anything. To top it off, this player has had previous trouble with the tribunal. IT was Sidebottoms first offence.
I don't play cricket. But I have seen what did happen. Don't mouth off and you won't get into trouble. Commonsense provails here mate.
He probably knew what he did do.
Tribunals are different. Why blame the umpire when it is the tribunal that finds people guilty or not guilty?

pidgeon fan;121081 said:
I don't play cricket. But I have seen what did happen. Don't mouth off and you won't get into trouble. Commonsense provails here mate.
He probably knew what he did do.
Tribunals are different. Why blame the umpire when it is the tribunal that finds people guilty or not guilty?

Your entitled to your opinion regarding Don as a person. I DONT think anyone is attacking him personally. I get along well with the guy and his extended family. But you say you know him from football ranks, well Im sorry to say but you dont have a lot of credibility commenting here. Anyone who is close to the BCA knows that there are members who agree on the same ideals and have an enormous influence. And those that disagree dont have the support to speak up. Following that forums like this could be a good grounding to find those out there who actually do agree or disagree on controversial issues.

Colonel;121079 said:
Lads, thats the idea of having an alias on these forums.

I hear the Ballarat grounds are pretty dry and getting very dangerous, whats thoughts on what might happen with cricket after Xmas? Some big scores being posted, can't be much fun for the bowlers & fielders.

Yes things arent looking real flash are they colonel. Cricket is bad enough but it also makes it difficult to see the grounds being up for footy next year. I think they will make the decision to cut the season short. they are only deteriorating more and more each week. soon we may aswell be playing beach cricket.

pidgeon fan;121075 said:

C'mon mate there is a massive difference between waving a couple of flags after a pigskin floats over your head, and being a central umpire in a game of grade cricket!

He's on a power trip, needs to lighten up before he bursts something or before the association falls apart, which ever comes first. Dont mean to sound like im sitting on the fence, he has done alot and committed a world of dedication to Ballarat Cricket, but the last two seasons he has gone a bit over board in my opinion.

Bouncer;121124 said:
C'mon mate there is a massive difference between waving a couple of flags after a pigskin floats over your head, and being a central umpire in a game of grade cricket!

He's on a power trip, needs to lighten up before he bursts something or before the association falls apart, which ever comes first. Dont mean to sound like im sitting on the fence, he has done alot and committed a world of dedication to Ballarat Cricket, but the last two seasons he has gone a bit over board in my opinion.

The next time that I see him I will get him to have a look at the negative comments on here about him. He might end up having some serious words to you and your mates who are making the rude comments. One way to fix the problem is by you and your mates learning the rules.

I heard the news about Jeremy Collier with his shoulder. 6 weeks is better than what i previously heard which was the season. It's a shame because he is one of the nicest blokes on and off the field and he is in my top 3 for hard workers in the the comp (other two are hopkinson and wheeler). i hope he makes a quick recovery but you would think that East wouldn't have a chance in hell for defending the title.
The will have a great say in who does make the top four because with the batters they have they can post a 350+ score with ease and i don't care how dry it is, i would rather defend 350 than chase it

pidgeon fan;121290 said:
The next time that I see him I will get him to have a look at the negative comments on here about him. He might end up having some serious words to you and your mates who are making the rude comments. One way to fix the problem is by you and your mates learning the rules.

The point of these is to be able to talk openly and contructively about the issues surrounding our common interest. Agreed lets keep a lid on things and try not to be too negative, but look if someone was bagging me out on here I doubt im really going to take it to heart and make an issue of it. Its a bloody web forum. If you have a problem with whats been said on here maybe you should take a look at the CHFL forum on bigfooty, the stuff people say about blokes on that site makes this little disareement look like playful banter. I think the main thing is to try not take things too personally, try to be insightful and humurous.

Bouncer may have been direct in his/her comments, but really, if it was me he was talking about, i wouldnt hang him for it.

the_don88;121294 said:
I heard the news about Jeremy Collier with his shoulder. 6 weeks is better than what i previously heard which was the season. It's a shame because he is one of the nicest blokes on and off the field and he is in my top 3 for hard workers in the the comp (other two are hopkinson and wheeler). i hope he makes a quick recovery but you would think that East wouldn't have a chance in hell for defending the title.
The will have a great say in who does make the top four because with the batters they have they can post a 350+ score with ease and i don't care how dry it is, i would rather defend 350 than chase it

Couldnt agree more regarding jezza, he is one of the best blokes getting around Ballarat Cricket. Fierce competitor while remaining a fantastic bloke. I wish everyone playing Ballarat Cricket could take a leave back out of his book. There would not be half the hostility between clubs. Truly a one of the great blokes. No I dont want to sleep with him haha.

Mountie;121315 said:
Couldnt agree more regarding jezza, he is one of the best blokes getting around Ballarat Cricket. Fierce competitor while remaining a fantastic bloke. I wish everyone playing Ballarat Cricket could take a leave back out of his book. There would not be half the hostility between clubs. Truly a one of the great blokes. No I dont want to sleep with him haha.

Nice bloke. In fact the whole family are great to talk to. Here's hoping that Jezza recovers from his shoulder injury.

Mountie;121315 said:

Agree with you there. Haven't seen many of this seasons games - bit tough from Perth but J.Collier would be picked in my best side. I would think a BCA attack that had Collier, Hopkinson, Blake, & Eamon Johnson from Wendouree would be as good as any rep side getting around.

pidgeon fan;121317 said:
Nice bloke. In fact the whole family are great to talk to. Here's hoping that Jezza recovers from his shoulder injury.

Who do you think is going to come in for the ritired Martyn pidge???

pidgeon fan;121290 said:
T...... One way to fix the problem is by you and your mates learning the rules.

This one has been done to death by the sounds of it, move on fellas.

But I will say this, there seems to be some level of inequity here and this applies to cricket & football, and any sport for that matter. Players are made to be accountable for their actions follow rules and can be judged, fined, reported etc..............yet umpires are untouchable, not accountable for performance, yet they are perhaps the people who can have the most influence on a game.
For you to say that the problem can be fixed by players learning the rules is un-exceptable behaviour and arrogant slur on behalf of umpires in general.

the_don88;121338 said:
Who do you think is going to come in for the ritired Martyn pidge???

My tip for this test is Symonds, love to watch him play.

Brad Hodge has to be given another crack at it, was stiff last time. My smokey for future tests would be Cameron White, has really come on as a batter and provides a handy spin option.

Adam Voges - not even in the frame, terrible selection.

Golden Golly;121348 said:

But I will say this, there seems to be some level of inequity here and this applies to cricket & football, and any sport for that matter. Players are made to be accountable for their actions follow rules and can be judged, fined, reported etc..............yet umpires are untouchable, not accountable for performance, yet they are perhaps the people who can have the most influence on a game.
For you to say that the problem can be fixed by players learning the rules is un-exceptable behaviour and arrogant slur on behalf of umpires in general.
I got into footy umpiring not knowing the rules of footy 13 years ago. I now know all the rules and I don't complain about the umpiring. So it works. I joined as a boundary umpire. So maybe if you don't know the rules and want to join up as a cricket umpire then that's the way to do it.

Golden Golly;121348 said:

Whats the point of saying move on if you go and put your 2 bobs worth underneath. Your just adding fuel to the fire which contradicted what you previously said.
In case you didn't notice nothing has been said about it for a while until you come along. Looks like your fishing so the argument will start up again.
Take your own advice from the start of your first column and move on.

the_don88;121357 said:
Whats the point of saying move on if you go and put your 2 bobs worth underneath. Your just adding fuel to the fire which contradicted what you previously said.
In case you didn't notice nothing has been said about it for a while until you come along. Looks like your fishing so the argument will start up again.
Take your own advice from the start of your first column and move on.

Yes mate ease up I have moved on. Do you agree with my comment though??

Golden Golly;121360 said:
Yes mate ease up I have moved on. Do you agree with my comment though??

If you look on the previous pages you will see that i have had my say. So i will just leave it as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back