Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

SteveO;313587 said:
It just dawned on me that we have another precedent ..... my man Pete Appleton is a Pom. If he was making himself available should he be able to go? Of course he should.

There's always been plenty of them. Rahul Mankad - India, Carmen Mapa-Tazzie - Sri Lanka, Chris Bambury - Bangladesh..... They have done well!

Imagine if England didnt allow South Africans to represent them over the years. Good enough for England then good enough for us.

SteveO;313587 said:
It just dawned on me that we have another precedent ..... my man Pete Appleton is a Pom. If he was making himself available should he be able to go? Of course he should.

There's always been plenty of them. Rahul Mankad - India, Carmen Mapa-Tazzie - Sri Lanka, Chris Bambury - Bangladesh..... They have done well!

Imagine if England didnt allow South Africans to represent them over the years. Good enough for England then good enough for us.

SteveO;313587 said:

chris "yeti" bambury is from the developing cricket nation of nepal.

SteveO;313587 said:

chris "yeti" bambury is from the developing cricket nation of nepal.

RazzaTheRooster;314522 said:
Would someone mind posting the squad? I read it in The Courier, but can't recall all of them.

This was the squad named before Christmas
Miller
Goonan
Trower
Skinner (c)
Pyke
Cape
Fletcher
Knowles
Corden
Thompson
Burns
Moore
Banwell
Geddes
Ringin

RazzaTheRooster;314522 said:
Would someone mind posting the squad? I read it in The Courier, but can't recall all of them.

Miller
Goonan
Trower
Skinner (c)
Pyke
Cape
Fletcher
Knowles
Corden
Thompson
Burns
Moore
Banwell
Geddes
Ringin

UNplayable;314887 said:
Miller
Goonan
Trower
Skinner (c)
Pyke
Cape
Fletcher
Knowles
Corden
Thompson
Burns
Moore
Banwell
Geddes
Ringin
J.Knowles has been added.

UNplayable;314887 said:
Miller
Goonan
Trower
Skinner (c)
Pyke
Cape
Fletcher
Knowles
Corden
Thompson
Burns
Moore
Banwell
Geddes
Ringin
J.Knowles has been added.

Anyone else find it strange that the comp's leading runscorer, Josh White, has not been spoken to about Country Week since before Christmas?

Anyone else find it strange that the comp's leading runscorer, Josh White, has not been spoken to about Country Week since before Christmas?

SteveO;314961 said:

Yeah it is a bit strange, although without last weeks score he wouldn't be in the top 10 run scorers, however he still should have been in the mix, very handy batsmen. Us boys at east saw that on wkend, last 2 games we've been hit around by two 20 yr olds, Knowles the week before... Good to see Jase got a spot in CW. Prob should of been there to start with???

SteveO;314961 said:

Yeah it is a bit strange, although without last weeks score he wouldn't be in the top 10 run scorers, however he still should have been in the mix, very handy batsmen. Us boys at east saw that on wkend, last 2 games we've been hit around by two 20 yr olds, Knowles the week before... Good to see Jase got a spot in CW. Prob should of been there to start with???

SteveO;314961 said:

Have you been spoken to about CW SteveO?? one of leading run scorers again..

SteveO;314961 said:

UNplayable;314975 said:

No. Too old apparently. Same age as Matt Skinner but ..... I was asked by Huntly last year if I was interested as apparently I "still have it" but didn't hear from him again.

UNplayable;314975 said:

No. Too old apparently. Same age as Matt Skinner but ..... I was asked by Huntly last year if I was interested as apparently I "still have it" but didn't hear from him again.

SteveO;314961 said:
Doesn't really surprise me Sven. As mentioned, prior to last week he had accumulated rather than dominated. 158 out of 386 gives 41% of his year aggregate in one hit by me.

SteveO;314961 said:
Doesn't really surprise me Sven. As mentioned, prior to last week he had accumulated rather than dominated. 158 out of 386 gives 41% of his year aggregate in one hit by me.

RazzaTheRooster;315157 said:

you can correct me here wrighty as im no good at maths but in the same token i believe Trowers high score of 127 out of 353 is 36% of his year aggregate in one hit?

we all know who the best bats in the comp are, Whitey is obviously one along with the likes of Trower etc.

you can correct me here wrighty as im no good at maths but in the same token i believe Trowers high score of 127 out of 353 is 36% of his year aggregate in one hit?

we all know who the best bats in the comp are, Whitey is obviously one along with the likes of Trower etc.

900 runs in the past two seasons. Accumulate - dominate - masturbate. You can break it down how you like but in the past few years there has been maybe two or three blokes in the whole comp who have had as good or better a return if you're lucky. And he's got 3 hits left this year.

900 runs in the past two seasons. Accumulate - dominate - masturbate. You can break it down how you like but in the past few years there has been maybe two or three blokes in the whole comp who have had as good or better a return if you're lucky. And he's got 3 hits left this year.

Good Swardsy ... I'm impressed - didn't know you had that many fingers.

But to get you on a technicality its actually 35% since Trower has made 361, not 353. Either way, stats can lie. And after all, I never said that Trower should be in the team so the point is moot.

But to get you on a technicality its actually 35% since Trower has made 361, not 353. Either way, stats can lie. And after all, I never said that Trower should be in the team so the point is moot.

Funny selection for the Bendigo game coming up. From the outside looking in it looks like you need to play at certain clubs for selection. Does form matter on selection or potential? Who are unavailable for country week?

Funny selection for the Bendigo game coming up. From the outside looking in it looks like you need to play at certain clubs for selection. Does form matter on selection or potential? Who are unavailable for country week?

Long Time Reader;315703 said:

For the Bendigo game you also have to remember that they need to field an under 21 side as well, so some of the younger members would be put in that side, then comes in availability and form after that. Apparently there's nothing wrong with playing potential, especially if the Aussie's are anything to go by..

Long Time Reader;315703 said:

For the Bendigo game you also have to remember that they need to field an under 21 side as well, so some of the younger members would be put in that side, then comes in availability and form after that. Apparently there's nothing wrong with playing potential, especially if the Aussie's are anything to go by..

Having just spent the day with a few of the carnies at the east balla last man standing, word has been quickly passed around of the blatantly f**king childish behaviour of the pointy knobs once josh 'dozing with the lights on from 7.30' whites uncompetitive total had been reached.... Children tend to learn from those they witness and as such one can only ponder the future of such an immature side.... Word is the eastie boys kept point in the field for as long as possible due to the fact that it is a widely held belief that the entire club (point) is full of spankers... What a good days cricket.

On another note, josh 'my girlfriend ducks off for a quick charge after i tuck in' white has now made two 100's against the custards in his past two meetings... Both in losing sides. Has batted well to stave off outright defeat. Clown.

The following is a cut and paste job from a dear friends personal message, sent to myself in october of 08.....

Polecat,

What was the story with Cape's missus? I thought she was pregnant?

Sven

- Still a little heated steve? Pete Moore may have helped defend 271.

Having just spent the day with a few of the carnies at the east balla last man standing, word has been quickly passed around of the blatantly f**king childish behaviour of the pointy knobs once josh 'dozing with the lights on from 7.30' whites uncompetitive total had been reached.... Children tend to learn from those they witness and as such one can only ponder the future of such an immature side.... Word is the eastie boys kept point in the field for as long as possible due to the fact that it is a widely held belief that the entire club (point) is full of spankers... What a good days cricket.

On another note, josh 'my girlfriend ducks off for a quick charge after i tuck in' white has now made two 100's against the custards in his past two meetings... Both in losing sides. Has batted well to stave off outright defeat. Clown.

The following is a cut and paste job from a dear friends personal message, sent to myself in october of 08.....

Polecat,

What was the story with Cape's missus? I thought she was pregnant?

Sven

- Still a little heated steve? Pete Moore may have helped defend 271.

RazzaTheRooster;315588 said:

pykey just made 86.9% of his score for the year in one hit.

White should clearly be in the side. To much class not to be.

RazzaTheRooster;315588 said:

pykey just made 86.9% of his score for the year in one hit.

White should clearly be in the side. To much class not to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back