Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

The Lion Show;316366 said:
pykey just made 86.9% of his score for the year in one hit.

White should clearly be in the side. To much class not to be.
Fair knock by Pykey.

Didn't need an outright?

White should clearly be in the side. To much class not to be.
Fair knock by Pykey.

Didn't need an outright?

Sleeper;315802 said:
For the Bendigo game you also have to remember that they need to field an under 21 side as well, so some of the younger members would be put in that side, then comes in availability and form after that. Apparently there's nothing wrong with playing potential, especially if the Aussie's are anything to go by..

three blokes from CW squad are missing for the game against bendigo also. Ash Ringin and then 2 other boys are playing Vic Country under 21's that day. And whitey is in that also. Ppor fixturing to have VIC Counrty clash with Ballarat vs Bendigo game

Sleeper;315802 said:
For the Bendigo game you also have to remember that they need to field an under 21 side as well, so some of the younger members would be put in that side, then comes in availability and form after that. Apparently there's nothing wrong with playing potential, especially if the Aussie's are anything to go by..

three blokes from CW squad are missing for the game against bendigo also. Ash Ringin and then 2 other boys are playing Vic Country under 21's that day. And whitey is in that also. Ppor fixturing to have VIC Counrty clash with Ballarat vs Bendigo game

Very good Capey.

That reminded me of a "sledge" by Aaron Fowkes when we played Darley ...

Capey was walking back to his bowling mark and said in passing to Aaron "Two left?"

Aaron replied "Wow, they've really made progress down here since I was here last. You can count now!"

Very good Capey.

Capey was walking back to his bowling mark and said in passing to Aaron "Two left?"

Aaron replied "Wow, they've really made progress down here since I was here last. You can count now!"

RazzaTheRooster;316715 said:
Very good Capey.

Big Azza was really happy with it himself. Does he ever shut up and umpire? Topped off the day that one getting sledged by the umpire.

Hope the sprinkler is fixed at St Pats this week?

Tim Knowles came into bat last week after brothers Ryan & Jason were out and there was a chirp from behind the stumps to knock over Dean Waugh cheaply. Even the batsman laughed.

RazzaTheRooster;316715 said:
Very good Capey.

Big Azza was really happy with it himself. Does he ever shut up and umpire? Topped off the day that one getting sledged by the umpire.

Tim Knowles came into bat last week after brothers Ryan & Jason were out and there was a chirp from behind the stumps to knock over Dean Waugh cheaply. Even the batsman laughed.

The Lion Show;317033 said:

And will stick with young Timmy Knowles for a while that one!

A very good sledge and probably enjoyed by us more than Darley!

The Lion Show;317033 said:

Dean Waugh;317113 said:

With the temperature likely to be >35 tomorrow at what heat should play stop due to exessive heat? I know there is provision in the rules to stop play but I bet the umpires will be too afraid to take players from the field if one team is dominating another and likewise in the lower grades both captains will probably struggle to agree on when its too hot to keep playing.

Dean Waugh;317113 said:

With the temperature likely to be >35 tomorrow at what heat should play stop due to exessive heat? I know there is provision in the rules to stop play but I bet the umpires will be too afraid to take players from the field if one team is dominating another and likewise in the lower grades both captains will probably struggle to agree on when its too hot to keep playing.

napisan;318130 said:
I can't see why you'd stop play, it's a summer sport. 35 is no that bad, if it was 45+ then maybe the lower grades who have kids that played juniors in morning?

napisan;318130 said:
I can't see why you'd stop play, it's a summer sport. 35 is no that bad, if it was 45+ then maybe the lower grades who have kids that played juniors in morning?

Dean Waugh;318132 said:

Tips for this week
Wendouree v Ballarat/Redan - Miller to make a ton. Home easy
Mt. Clear v Napoleons/Sebastopol - Naps need to win but think Mounties will be too good
North Ballarat v Darley - Darley need a win to stay in contention for finals, if they get trower early the big chance
Coronet City v Golden Point - Easy win, O'Loughlin and white big scores.
East Ballarat v Brown Hill - If we can get out Knowles boys and Giblett out cheaply we should win. Whoever wins will slip into 4th, loser gonna struggle to make it.

Thoughts???

Dean Waugh;318132 said:

Tips for this week
Mt. Clear v Napoleons/Sebastopol - Naps need to win but think Mounties will be too good
North Ballarat v Darley - Darley need a win to stay in contention for finals, if they get trower early the big chance
East Ballarat v Brown Hill - If we can get out Knowles boys and Giblett out cheaply we should win. Whoever wins will slip into 4th, loser gonna struggle to make it.

Thoughts???

Dean Waugh;318132 said:

If anyone wants to play over 40-42 degrees thats great ...........just text me the days results in the public bar at the Globe Hotel.

Dean Waugh;318132 said:

If anyone wants to play over 40-42 degrees thats great ...........just text me the days results in the public bar at the Globe Hotel.

UNplayable;318138 said:
Tips for this week

Thoughts???
My Tips.

Wendouree v Ballarat/Redan - Comfortable, Ivan to make another big score.
Mt. Clear v Napoleons/Sebastopol - In a close one.
North Ballarat v Darley - Parker to make a big score.
Coronet City v Golden Point - Hopefully a upset from the corra but unlikely
East Ballarat v Brown Hill - Need to win & Hopefully a result by day one so i can enjoy the southern 80 the following week!

good luck

UNplayable;318138 said:
Tips for this week

Thoughts???
My Tips.

East Ballarat v Brown Hill - Need to win & Hopefully a result by day one so i can enjoy the southern 80 the following week!

good luck

Dean Waugh;318161 said:
My Tips.

good luck

Just random statistic, but the last 3 matches (including the grand final) between Mt Clear and Naps have come down to the last 3 balls to decide the match...so expect another close one..

Dean Waugh;318161 said:
My Tips.

good luck

Just random statistic, but the last 3 matches (including the grand final) between Mt Clear and Naps have come down to the last 3 balls to decide the match...so expect another close one..

any chance of getting some results from yesterday lads.. east 420 v the hill.. darley chasing 298 v nth.. if anybody is looking for kaney he is in a padded cell somewhere..compliments of a typical carl "mr unorthodox" haseloff innings..

any chance of getting some results from yesterday lads.. east 420 v the hill.. darley chasing 298 v nth.. if anybody is looking for kaney he is in a padded cell somewhere..compliments of a typical carl "mr unorthodox" haseloff innings..

potsy69;319409 said:

Mt clear made 270 at university v naps. Jeffers making 110. Lucky to have got past 50 but made the runs nevertheless. will be a good chase on a very very fast ground.

potsy69;319409 said:

Mt clear made 270 at university v naps. Jeffers making 110. Lucky to have got past 50 but made the runs nevertheless. will be a good chase on a very very fast ground.

potsy69;319409 said:
Haha. We were happy with 420. We said at start of day to keep you below 450 so really rapt with that effort!!!

PS. Thanks for the zinc and for the solid fitness session you boys put us thru!

420 not enough though! lol

potsy69;319409 said:
Haha. We were happy with 420. We said at start of day to keep you below 450 so really rapt with that effort!!!

Dean Waugh;319844 said:

love the optimism. A Waugh brother 400 run specialty should do the trick for you there!!!

Dean Waugh;319844 said:

love the optimism. A Waugh brother 400 run specialty should do the trick for you there!!!

sleeper when you make an a grade 100 you then may be able to critisise someone elses 100, until then im not sure your qualified to judge

sleeper when you make an a grade 100 you then may be able to critisise someone elses 100, until then im not sure your qualified to judge

Sleeper;319538 said:

Sleeper;319538 said:

What a great toss to lose by Captain Steeny at Darley. Going to be 43 on Saturday so going to be great fun in the field for the opposition this week.

What a great toss to lose by Captain Steeny at Darley. Going to be 43 on Saturday so going to be great fun in the field for the opposition this week.

Bridgestone;321381 said:

im by no means critizing his hundred, just saying he was lucky to get there. gave a couple of easy chances which went missing and cost us. i hope i havent hurt your feelings there jeffers...

Bridgestone;321381 said:

im by no means critizing his hundred, just saying he was lucky to get there. gave a couple of easy chances which went missing and cost us. i hope i havent hurt your feelings there jeffers...

The Lion Show;321501 said:
That was Knowlesy's tactics too Capey. He got on the elders weather website and saw 43 following weekend. That's why we call him steve waugh... Very smart!

The Lion Show;321501 said:
That was Knowlesy's tactics too Capey. He got on the elders weather website and saw 43 following weekend. That's why we call him steve waugh... Very smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back