Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

Sleeper;196868 said:
the final will be naps vs mt clear.

b/redan all out 122 and nap passed 4 down in the last over.

Good to see an even competition at the moment. Bottom and top are the only positions which look to remain the same at the moment. Top3 could be worked out this week with a bunch of teams looking to take 4th spot.

tips this round:

mt clear
wend
naps
east
coronet

Another point is with mount clear so far on top what advantage other than wash outs does finishing on top give you. I think the four day grand final shoul be scrapped and have 1v2 and 3v4 in first week of finals winner of 1v2 into granny with a pre lim between loser of 1v2 and winner of 3v4 in second week and grand final week 3. much fairer in my opinion.

pidgeon fan;196029 said:
Mate, Ballan aren't in the Ballarat Cricket Association. They are in the Central Highlands competition.

haha your a tad silly arnt you ********head...ahaha stupid ********...************...

napisan;197190 said:
Good to see an even competition at the moment. Bottom and top are the only positions which look to remain the same at the moment. Top3 could be worked out this week with a bunch of teams looking to take 4th spot.

tips this round:

mt clear
wend
naps
east
coronet

Another point is with mount clear so far on top what advantage other than wash outs does finishing on top give you. I think the four day grand final shoul be scrapped and have 1v2 and 3v4 in first week of finals winner of 1v2 into granny with a pre lim between loser of 1v2 and winner of 3v4 in second week and grand final week 3. much fairer in my opinion.

Totally agree Napisan. To finish on top and only have the advantage of rain is not fair. Top 2 in most sports get a second chance and/or a week off as reward for winning. Your finals draw is exactly right, the way it should be.

I have a competition structure for the forum members to ponder.
Reduce the number of teams to 8, play the first 7 weeks of the season as 1 day games (each team plays each other once) and at the end of those have a 1v2 Final on the Sunday (optional but worth it). Then we get into the 2 day games in which each team also play each other once leading into the finals series which Napisan has described. This would give the BCA their coveted 21 week season, everyone plays everyone once in both forms so it's fair for all.

Any thoughts from the punters?

Waka05;197357 said:
Totally agree Napisan. To finish on top and only have the advantage of rain is not fair. Top 2 in most sports get a second chance and/or a week off as reward for winning. Your finals draw is exactly right, the way it should be.

Reduce the number of teams to 8, play the first 7 weeks of the season as 1 day games (each team plays each other once) and at the end of those have a 1v2 Final on the Sunday (optional but worth it). Then we get into the 2 day games in which each team also play each other once leading into the finals series which Napisan has described. This would give the BCA their coveted 21 week season, everyone plays everyone once in both forms so it's fair for all.

The theory of your draw is good but reducing the comp to 10 teams is gunna make things tough. Clubs that get relegated to districts would probably find it hard to survive because players would leave to join other teams in the club competition. Also how would you decide who to relegate. say this year if north finish last would you put them into the districts after all their years of success I couldn't see it happening.

Waka05;197357 said:

Very interesting idea. it would solve a few of the problems such as those messed up half washout games at the start of the year. plus it gives sides more to aim at. and one day games produce a much more level playin field. it would certainly help those teams who have only the one or no wins at christmas have something to push for.

I think that as well as that, there should be more emphasis put on 20/20. If someone on the BCA got off their arses and did something other than lookin to make a couple bucks cos of a spellin error then they'd realise that there is a big chance to make some money here. I mean 20/20 is the big thing at the moment, so why not cash in?! i know there's issues with player availability and all but why not offer something worthwhile as a prize?

napisan;197371 said:
The theory of your draw is good but reducing the comp to 10 teams is gunna make things tough. Clubs that get relegated to districts would probably find it hard to survive because players would leave to join other teams in the club competition. Also how would you decide who to relegate. say this year if north finish last would you put them into the districts after all their years of success I couldn't see it happening.

The 8 team comp would be difficult to administer I agree, you would upset many by either relegating a club or asking them to go back to their own competition. Take from that what you will. If a club were to be relegated/disband/go away for example, and many of those players chose to leave for club teams, then would that not make the BCA comp stronger?

North are a strong club just missing a few good players to strengthen their stocks, they have 5 senior teams and plenty of juniors so I think it's just a matter of quality not quantitiy for them. I have issues with Darley being in our competition, it's a fair pain in the a*se to go down there to play as it would be for those guys to travel up here every second week.

I'm not sure who would be the other team to go but Coronet would be a fair chance. I understand they are on their last chance with the BCA to fill their obligations to stay in the competition next season. Despite the fact that they are much more competitive this year in the 1st's the rest of their teams are struggling to be competitve with only 9 or 10 blokes in each team. It would be disappointing for them to get the flick coz most of the blokes that play for them are very loyal but the writing is on the wall I think.

Waka05;197471 said:
The 8 team comp would be difficult to administer I agree, you would upset many by either relegating a club or asking them to go back to their own competition. Take from that what you will. If a club were to be relegated/disband/go away for example, and many of those players chose to leave for club teams, then would that not make the BCA comp stronger?

North are a strong club just missing a few good players to strengthen their stocks, they have 5 senior teams and plenty of juniors so I think it's just a matter of quality not quantitiy for them. I have issues with Darley being in our competition, it's a fair pain in the a*se to go down there to play as it would be for those guys to travel up here every second week.

I'm not sure who would be the other team to go but Coronet would be a fair chance. I understand they are on their last chance with the BCA to fill their obligations to stay in the competition next season. Despite the fact that they are much more competitive this year in the 1st's the rest of their teams are struggling to be competitve with only 9 or 10 blokes in each team. It would be disappointing for them to get the flick coz most of the blokes that play for them are very loyal but the writing is on the wall I think.

Good idea in theory. But you can't just kick Darley out and there would need to be certain criteria that Coronet have failed to meet before being relegated and if other clubs also failed that criteria you would be forced to relegate them also. I think the BCA would be be too gutless to kick teams out because they might face legal battles from clubs if they don't follow the correct procedures in relgating teams that did meet BCA requirments.

Waka05;197471 said:

mmm interesting comments in regards to Darley being in the BCA surely just the travel is not the only thing that you have issues with????

Double Barrel;197739 said:
mmm interesting comments in regards to Darley being in the BCA surely just the travel is not the only thing that you have issues with????

Correct. But I'm not elaborating. It's just a suggestion to make the Ballarat Cricket Association a little more fairer and interesting. It will never happen but it's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

Waka05;197801 said:
Correct. But I'm not elaborating. It's just a suggestion to make the Ballarat Cricket Association a little more fairer and interesting. It will never happen but it's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

what are people thoughts on having to play this weekend? I think its far too close to Christmas with work break ups etc on Friday, but the BCA gave clubs the option of this week or 6th of Jan. Personally I would rather 6th of Jan.

napisan;198130 said:
what are people thoughts on having to play this weekend? I think its far too close to Christmas with work break ups etc on Friday, but the BCA gave clubs the option of this week or 6th of Jan. Personally I would rather 6th of Jan.

yeah well it is a very average choice by the bca.

but hey i guess we we all show up if selected anyway.

jimmy;198133 said:
yeah well it is a very average choice by the bca.

but hey i guess we we all show up if selected anyway.

napisan;198130 said:

I agree. This weeks game would be better played after the new year. Work Christmas Parties will certainly test some peoples resolve and/or commitment.

napisan;198130 said:

I don't think we should have been given the opportunity to decide personally. The draw should have been revised to not include this Saturday. I think the 2 sat/sun games after christmas are terrible also. The reason behind this was that the BCA "MUST" have their 21 week season consisting of 9 2 day games where we all play each other once, and 3 1 day games which we play on a 3 year rotational basis. I'm sure the majority wouldn't have minded cutting out the 3 1 day games in favour of no sat/sun games and no cricket on the 22nd of Dec and 6th of Jan???

The main reason it was voted to play this week was the fact that most people would still be in town on Saturday before Christmas rather than so close after New Year's. New Year's day is a training night (Tuesday), so good luck getting anyone there, and obviously the 4th is our selection night, I don't reckon too many blokes would be around to be picked in that week. That's just my thoughts.

Big 20/20 Granny on tonight!!!!! It would be tough to look past the Mount Me's but anything can happen in these sort of games. Naps will definately go in with the "nothing to lose" feel and it should be a great contest. Anyones thoughts on who will win between Mount Clear and Napoleans?

the_don88;198398 said:
Big 20/20 Granny on tonight!!!!! It would be tough to look past the Mount Me's but anything can happen in these sort of games. Naps will definately go in with the "nothing to lose" feel and it should be a great contest. Anyones thoughts on who will win between Mount Clear and Napoleans?

Does anyone care Don?

Waka05;197471 said:
I have issues with Darley being in our competition, it's a fair pain in the a*se to go down there to play as it would be for those guys to travel up here every second week.

Waka05 i know for a fact that the Darley CC loves being in the BCA. Having been in a Division 3 Country League (Gisborne) which was ********e hard wicket cricket and being proactive and joinging one of teh best leagues in Country Victoria has helped the club immensely. While struggling early in its existence in the league i think you will see the young lions continue to rise up the ladder. Being in teh league has also help it attract its new recruits this season (Steenholdt & Dawson) and has provided players such as Parker, Blake, Cape, Herring an opportunity to play representative cricket & reach higher honours.

Travelling 30min down the freeway on a saturday arvo isnt that much of a hassle either. Get a few team mates in your car (if they like you), have a few beers and a laugh and it goes very quickly.

Stop sooking about the might DCC and focus on something else. We are here to stay.........

Waka05;197357 said:

Surely the best side wins the grand final each year. Unless you are Mt clear and choke in the big one. Finishing on top you get to play the lowest ranked finalist. They should get a home final.

Mt Clear and East are my tip for the grand final this year with Wendouree the only other main contender if they start performing with the bat at the right time of the year.

The Lion Show;198694 said:
Waka05;197471 said:
I have issues with Darley being in our competition, it's a fair pain in the a*se to go down there to play as it would be for those guys to travel up here every second week.

Waka05 i know for a fact that the Darley CC loves being in the BCA. Having been in a Division 3 Country League (Gisborne) which was ********e hard wicket cricket and being proactive and joinging one of teh best leagues in Country Victoria has helped the club immensely. While struggling early in its existence in the league i think you will see the young lions continue to rise up the ladder. Being in teh league has also help it attract its new recruits this season (Steenholdt & Dawson) and has provided players such as Parker, Blake, Cape, Herring an opportunity to play representative cricket & reach higher honours.

Travelling 30min down the freeway on a saturday arvo isnt that much of a hassle either. Get a few team mates in your car (if they like you), have a few beers and a laugh and it goes very quickly.

Stop sooking about the might DCC and focus on something else. We are here to stay.........

Good Spray The Lion Show....obviously WAKA05 feels threatened by the DCC....Good to see that Darley are improving and im sure they will continue to improve over the next few seasons with some quality JNRS on the rise...
and in regards to the sides to play off your right obviously Mt and East are the top 2 sides with Wendouree the next best.....I think East will win out of these 2 as what i have seen they play a more positve style of cricket compared to Mt Clear.....this (Mt Clears negativity)has also been written about in the Courier...haviing most of your fielders on the fence when you have a side 6 for and still needing 150 runs is pretty appauling from my view point and doesnt do much for the comp..your thoughts are most welcome|@ .

Waka05;197471 said:

Sooking? No sooking here Show. If you blokes are happy travelling down the highway to play cricket then great. You make some fair points in your "spray" but I'll speak for myself and plenty of other Ballarat cricketers by saying we're not overly keen on travelling down the highway to play Darley, especially when we're batting second week. Ok, maybe that's a bit of a sook but I think it's warranted.
I'm just one bloke with an opinion, throwing it all out there to start some interesting conversation just like we have now. I wonder how many of the Mounties boys who read this site will pipe up about the comments made against there team????

Waka05;198728 said:
Sooking? No sooking here Show. If you blokes are happy travelling down the highway to play cricket then great. You make some fair points in your "spray" but I'll speak for myself and plenty of other Ballarat cricketers by saying we're not overly keen on travelling down the highway to play Darley, especially when we're batting second week. Ok, maybe that's a bit of a sook but I think it's warranted.
I'm just one bloke with an opinion, throwing it all out there to start some interesting conversation just like we have now. I wonder how many of the Mounties boys who read this site will pipe up about the comments made against there team????

Maybe in an ideal world everyone can play on hard wickets so they can play across the line and hit everything to cow corner. However, where would the fun be in that? The great thing about turf pitches is the unpredictability, you don't hear bowlers complain when the pitch is a road. Plenty of volunteers out there who put hours into preparing the pitches each week for the BCA and they should be applauded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back