Macleod
Mernda
North Eltham
Old Paradians/St Francis
Plenty
Research
Riverside
Rosanna

So where do people think Rosanna will sit in this mix? While everyone in Money shield says they were by far the best team last year, they don't seem to have too many stars. The word is they are very disciplined and always have 11 blokes contributing. I think they may sneak into the top 4.

We (Research ECCC) had our meet the coach evening on Tuesday night. Excellent numbers in attendance with him giving a very thorough presentation and on his assessment of where the club has been and what he will be implementing to get it to a position of making finals. Some new faces in attendance, not household names but some with interesting backgrounds including playing indoor cricket for Australia I'm led to believe. Based on the amount of games we were in with a chance last season, I think we'll be a far better unit this season.

So where do people think Rosanna will sit in this mix? While everyone in Money shield says they were by far the best team last year, they don't seem to have too many stars. The word is they are very disciplined and always have 11 blokes contributing. I think they may sneak into the top 4.

Bowling/ Fielding
Pretty trundley medium pace attack. Very disciplined. Play on a strange pitch at their home ground that is inconsistent. I think where they have an advantage over other sides is that they have two very serviceable spinners. Left arm and right arm offies (if memory serves). Fielding is top notch.

As for batting, they try to bat the 80, but I didn't see any really good batsmen amongst them, but most guys were reasonably solid.

I think they'll have more depth than a lot of sides, but I'd be surprised if they were anywhere near as good as Diamond Creek. Play a good 2 day brand of cricket. Might make finals, otherwise would probably fall midtable.

Bowling/ Fielding
Pretty trundley medium pace attack. Very disciplined. Play on a strange pitch at their home ground that is inconsistent. I think where they have an advantage over other sides is that they have two very serviceable spinners. Left arm and right arm offies (if memory serves). Fielding is top notch.

As for batting, they try to bat the 80, but I didn't see any really good batsmen amongst them, but most guys were reasonably solid.

I think they'll have more depth than a lot of sides, but I'd be surprised if they were anywhere near as good as Diamond Creek. Play a good 2 day brand of cricket. Might make finals, otherwise would probably fall midtable.

Great analysis, they were a class above the rest last year, and although a good fight was put up by Boro, they showed all year that they were a strong unit.
Not a lot of stars, but all contribute, have played together in successful teams for a long time.

Their key is starving opportunities with the ball, and batting very patiently with the bat.

Reckon that they will be competitive and finish top half.

I liken them to fremantle, whilst they may not be the most exciting team whereby they blast 350, or tear through sides. They play pretty simple, smart cricket. They play the percentages. Bat all day, and you're going to have a pretty good target. Set strong fields and bowl to them, chances are the batsmen will make the mistake. You may not win every game, but chances are you will be in front more often than not.

I see them at middle to upper half of the ladder, but won't make the top 4 in their first year. But they will take a few scalps along the way. Once they get a better understanding of the other sides and players, they will be a force in the next season or two up there.

I liken them to fremantle, whilst they may not be the most exciting team whereby they blast 350, or tear through sides. They play pretty simple, smart cricket. They play the percentages. Bat all day, and you're going to have a pretty good target. Set strong fields and bowl to them, chances are the batsmen will make the mistake. You may not win every game, but chances are you will be in front more often than not.

I see them at middle to upper half of the ladder, but won't make the top 4 in their first year. But they will take a few scalps along the way. Once they get a better understanding of the other sides and players, they will be a force in the next season or two up there.

Well said. Would have to pick up another top order bat/quick if they are any chance of playing finals. Definitely will be there abouts.

Code:
Just need to look at the recent records of teams coming up. Stfrancis, north eltham, Macleod etc. None have blitzed but all have been competitive at some stage. And this year, apart from creek, seems pretty open so rosanna may not have to be all stars to knock on the door. Go through the other contenders and think are they treading water or actually contending? Bundoora, lower eltham, plenty, riverside, macleod, mernda.. could rosanna sneak ahead of just 2 of those?

Lucky it's a home game for your boys Brutal. What standard will the Echuca boys be?
I'd imagine they'd be ok. Mark Peterson Capt-Coaches them I think. The boys will be staying at the motel across the road, so I'm sure they will be having a few bevvies as well. Also have another match on the Sunday for our 2's guys against a Montmorency side.

Lucky it's a home game for your boys Brutal. What standard will the Echuca boys be?
Research boys had a couple of hit outs over the weekend. As mentioned the Echuca Sth boys travelled down on Friday, spent the evening at the rooms watching to football and having a drink, then fronted up Saturday morning for one day game. Obviously not the greatest of standards but far better than a 10 minute hit in the nets. Research ECCC 5/184 v Echuca Sth all out 126. On Sunday more of a seconds game v the same from Mont with probably the highlight being Shannon Malones little 55 ret off 22 cameo. For the record the new coach didn't play either game due to the flu and Shannon was not available for the Saturday game. And boy can those Echuca boys drink!

Not for me to say. I did notice Jarrod and Trent Carlson have both been cleared to Mernda though. Good signings if long-term.

"Not for me to say"? Your a pompous ****. typical LECC arrogance. I will confirm it then. Salvatore is 100% gone from Plenty and is playing for LECC. Just out of curiosity, is it for you to say what happened after the Riverside game the season just gone? My mail tells me there was a screaming match between players and the captain and that players may have walked out? Only to be convinced to come back. Care to fill us in on what happened down at that perfect club of yours?

Back