BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
People hate the Tuesday T20's as it's a crappy hit and giggle comp. The attitude might change if you played it on a Saturday and for reduced premiership points. Can potentially mean all teams play each other twice in a season as well.
Agreed, after this year I don’t think my club will be entering. Blokes can’t make it etc etc. Play it on a Thursday night, get more of a vibe, more numbers would hang around for a meal. Or instead of Saturday Sunday 2 day game after Xmas, play a t20 round Robin over two days for premiership points.

Riverside vs Research
Epping vs Bundoora
NEW vs Diamond Creek
Rosanna
vs Macleod
Rosebank vs Heidelberg

Riversides batting will be too strong for the searches: Big Call: Steve Villani 100

Pingers will flex their muscle here, and make light work of Bundoora: Big Call: If Tom and Josh open, they’ll be non down chasing or setting.

Flip of a coin this game, not sold on either of them. I think Diamo only just?? Big Call: Dan Gilbert 80* and 4fa

With Sam Sheehan back, and coming off a 100 in the “hit and giggle” comp, I think the Reptiles will be too strong. Big Call: Carlton 18*

Heidelberg by the skin of their teeth here. That team is missing a few?? Think their bowling gets them over the line only just. Big Call: Comes down to the last ball

Riverside vs Research return of AV to get the boys up and about. Feels like every week Riverside play at home.
Epping vs Bundoora - Always feels like tipping against Bundoora has an * next to it, that being if Prince fires they will win, but Pingers will get the job done
NEW vs Diamond Creek - The Smokey of the season so far NEW to keep on their recent ways
Rosanna vs Macleod - Rosanna to get the chocolates here
Rosebank vs Heidelberg - Rosebank at home in an upset, one dayer suits them perfectly.

All home teams. Glad there's no rain this week.

Find the post and call them out Brutal nothing wrong with that. Going well the Searchers

Post #5 ,from English Willow who said the searchers were in for a world of pain
Post #13 from zoinis who said they would get relegated.
There could be more...
Research going well with the kids - future looking pretty good

They've only beaten Bundoora, Diamond Creek and Macleod.
Have also only played 4 days of cricket away from home prior to Xmas so nice little draw.
See how they go after Xmas I reckon

If the majority of those blokes who comment on the DVCA post applied as much energy and enthusiasm to their cricket as they did their Monday night circlejerk on the DVCA social pages they might actually find themselves playing a decent level of cricket.

I note it’s always the average/poor local cricketers who kick up a stink the most about the comp on social media, and it’s always the same blokes. Yes, comp isn’t perfect by any means, but instead of averaging 36 with the ball on a Saturday perhaps some people can contribute to the comp in a meaningful way and help contribute rather than pot from the cheap seats.
Well said, Cuz.

Back