BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Don't follow either club, don't know either player.
Gilbert's celebrations were way over the top.
Not sure what was trying to achieve by swinging his right hand at Wise's face, that's what started it.
Suspended sentence for both and move on.

Don't follow either club, don't know either player.
Gilbert's celebrations were way over the top.
Not sure what was trying to achieve by swinging his right hand at Wise's face, that's what started it.
Suspended sentence for both and move on.

Agreed. Definitely some provocation by the bowler as well.

Rule book states - Send off even for minor offence 1 match up to 4 matches - Give Gilbert 2 matches - behaving in a threating or intimidating manner up to 4+ matches or bringing the game into disrepute 4+ matches. Unacceptable behavior from both players, not necessary and certainly not what the competition needs given we all pointed our fingers at NMCA. The video was actually published online in the herald sun. Rules are rules and players need to be accountable. Both players need to be suspended and the rules need to be upheld. Otherwise don't have rules.

If they are serious has to be suspended. Diamo player celebrated without going after Wise.

You must be on a different planet to me. I saw the bowler celebrating the wicket, and then getting in the batsmens face by raising a fist further to the celebration. This caused a reaction by the batter.

You must be on a different planet to me. I saw the bowler celebrating the wicket, and then getting in the batsmens face by raising a fist further to the celebration. This caused a reaction by the batter.
I just watched again. Appealed and the started celebrating. His foot was still on the pitch when he started celebrating.

The tribunal doesn't even need to gather evidence. Video is clear for all to see so lets see what happens. Min 4 weeks for Tim and 2+ weeks for Gilbert. These guys are supposed be respected players of the comp.

I just watched again. Appealed and the started celebrating. His foot was still on the pitch when he started celebrating.
Actually, he was about 2 feet off the wicket, appealed, and then moved onto the pitch when he got the decision . This can't be denied its there for all to see

Actually, he was about 2 feet off the wicket, appealed, and then moved onto the pitch when he got the decision . This can't be denied its there for all to see
Gilbert did nothing wrong and Wise cracked the sads and made contact with him. Someone said earlier wise apologised, knows he was the one in the wrong then. There won’t be any suspensions there’s not that much in it anyway.

Gilbert did nothing wrong and Wise cracked the sads and made contact with him. Someone said earlier wise apologised, knows he was the one in the wrong then. There won’t be any suspensions there’s not that much in it anyway.
Coz you said so.....
You think Gilbert getting the prized wicket of Tim Wise with the score at 8 for 100 chasing 109 and potentially lifting them away from relegation, he didn't let his emotions get the better of him with his over the top celebration . Righteo

Coz you said so.....
You think Gilbert getting the prized wicket of Tim Wise with the score at 8 for 100 chasing 109 and potentially lifting them away from relegation, he didn't let his emotions get the better of him with his over the top celebration . Righteo
By doing what ? Celebrating too much hahaha. He started pushing him, not exactly Mr Timid himself when getting a wicket lol I must be talking to old man wise

Too many people in here with the one agenda. All new members as well. Seriously, the absolute correct outcome. No blows were traded, heat of the moment situation, players cautioned and we move on. Nothing more to see

Too many people in here with the one agenda. All new members as well. Seriously, the absolute correct outcome. No blows were traded, heat of the moment situation, players cautioned and we move on. Nothing more to see

I have no agenda. Heat of the moment has no relevance at all, 98% of reports are results of heat of the moment instances. Said the same in my initial post and stand by it, no chance if this was a seconds or 3rds player that they wouldn't receive multiple weeks. If the outcome is a reprimand as stated, that is a fkn disgrace.

Back