BBL Chat thread

Renegades losing by one run to the scorchers wow what a match.
Didn't get to see it because i was absolutely tired.
Hoping Ljp86 Ljp86 got to see it.

I did see part of the game, Renegadesfan Renegadesfan . The Scorchers were too good in the end, the Renegades started well but their top and middle order faulted during the middle part of their innings before their lower order got them to a respectable total of 8/151 with some lusty hitting in the final few overs.

The Scorchers started well in reply before the 'Gades took two quick wickets to bring themselves back into the contest. However, Mitch Marsh and Colin Munro powered the Scorchers home to a fairly comfortable win with 19 balls to spare.

In terms of tonight's matches, Horbart Hurricanes were too good for Adelaide Strikers while Melbourne Stars managed to hold off Brisbane Heat. The Heat did threaten to chase down the Stars' total but Chris Lynn's dismissal saw the Heat fall in a heap somewhat to fall short in the end. One of the interesting facets of this game was Liam Guthrie who finished with a bowling analysis of 1/70 off four overs, the most expensive figures in BBL history.

As you two follow the BBL more closely than I can you tell me why the Hurricane's Mac Wright is not playing. Can not see him in any of the stats. Reckon this bloke will play for Australia.

Wow 1/70 by Guthrie.

Chris Lynn has to be one of the most disappointing white ballers we have produced. Just can not string two good performances together... the difference between the greats and the mediocre.

As you two follow the BBL more closely than I can you tell me why the Hurricane's Mac Wright is not playing. Can not see him in any of the stats. Reckon this bloke will play for Australia.

Wow 1/70 by Guthrie.

Chris Lynn has to be one of the most disappointing white ballers we have produced. Just can not string two good performances together... the difference between the greats and the mediocre.
I can find out for you.

He hasn't played a game this seasomn thus far. With Matthew Wade, D'arcy Short and Ben McDermott in the side, it's hard to see him getting a game in front of any of those guys. Harry Brook is the English import they have so can't see him getting dropped while their other overseas player is Tim David from Singapore who is a decent hitter. The one player he could play in front of is Peter Handscomb in my opinion.

Ritchie said:

He certainly hasn't produced consistent performances when required. Lynn is no doubt one of the best hitters in the competition but hasn't really had much consistency, particularly when playing at a higher level. This season hasn't been great by his standards and he has struggled to have much of an impact on games.

Oooohhh scorchers lose their first game for the season against the thunder.
Think the scorchers had a bad one

Not sure whey we bowled first considering we've batted first all season long. I guess they may have wanted to change it up and try and chase but the bowling unit conceded way too runs then the top order faulted aside from Colin Munro. Andrew Tye's lusty hitting in the final few overs helped reduce the losing margin in the end.

Yeh Thunder. What happened LJ. Now no excuses.

We didn't bowl well and lost early wickets which made the chase very difficult. I also believe deciding to bowl first wasn't the best decision tactically as we've generally batted first in games this season.

Hopefully we can rebound for the game tomorrow and the matches early in the new year.

My renegades got smashed by the hurricanes. Ben McDermott has taught us that he can bat. Three centuries in three games. That's epic!

My renegades got smashed by the hurricanes. Ben McDermott has taught us that he can bat. Three centuries in three games. That's epic!
It sure is. You beat me to the post. White ball has always been Mac's forte. Pick him in all future white ball sides along with Mitch Marsh, Josh Philippe and Nathan Ellis..

Hearing that the scorcher's vs stars match that was supposed to be at Marvel Stadium has been cancelled due to a Stars Staff member having covid.

It sure is. You beat me to the post. White ball has always been Mac's forte. Pick him in all future white ball sides along with Mitch Marsh, Josh Philippe and Nathan Ellis..

NO. Bloke has to show he can bat against good sides and no the Gades do not count. Ellis I'm far from sold on, bowls a lot of rubbish that BBL bats miss but will be belted internationally.

Back