BBL Chat thread

Renegadesfan

Also known as Sooz
This started yesterday with the Stars getting thumped by the sixers.
Always thought that the stars loved to talk themselves up but fail to walk the walk.

Your Renagades aren't going so hot. Sixers a bit up and down too. Philippe carving up attacks at the top again this year but not having a lot of support. We can post pics here too Sooz.

Last edited:
Philippe the Gun does it again for the Sixers..

Yep Marsh the skipper and Philippe the gun bat of a new gen white ball side.

The BBL takes a bit of a break for the next few days with the day/night test on. The next game is on Sunday evening (AEDT) when Brisbane Heat host Sydney Thunder.

So far the Perth Scorchers and Sydney Sixers have been the standout teams, the Scorchers are undefeated thus far from their three games while the Sixers are on top of the ladder with one additional point but have played four matches. The Stars have been reasonable after being thrashed in their first-up while every other side has one win each.

No more home games for the Scorchers now with the WA government's strict border rules so they'll be on the road for the rest of the tournament.

How do the Scorchers travel on the road mate.

They've been okay so far but not being able to play matches at home will sting in my opinion. They've got a decent squad but it'll be a psychological thing from here as to how they fare in their remaining games. The next few games will be the key as to how they fare in the tournament, Mitch Marsh will also be a key player going forward as he is going to be a really important player for side for the remainder of the series.

Do you remember the world club T20 tournament from about a decade ago. Trying to recall what it was called? I do tho remember a WA and New South team played the final one year. We won and our side boasted a young Steve Smith and Pat Cummins if memory serves. Were we also the Sixers back then?

Last edited:
Do you remember the world club T20 tournament from about a decade ago. Trying to recall what it was called? I do tho remember a WA and New South team played the final one year. We won and our side boasted a young Steve Smith and Pat Cummins if memory serves. Were we also the Sixers back then?

That was the Champions League. WA and the Scorchers went a few times, I remember us losing a couple of players as the IPL had priority on players from the sides they had contracted. Overall we had a couple of okay seasons. New South Wales Blues won in 2009 and then the Sydney Sixers won in 2012.

I actually quite enjoyed the concept and wish they would bring it back. That's unlikely for the foreseeable future with the current pandemic but it was a good tournament in my opinion.

I actually quite enjoyed the concept and wish they would bring it back. That's unlikely for the foreseeable future with the current pandemic but it was a good tournament in my opinion.
Champions League of course LJ. I also reckon it was an enjoyable concept. Hope it will be revisited too.

Back