Big Bash League 2013/14 Thread

This was what he said originally
"There's obviously a never-ending salary cap there that the Stars seem to run by," Paine reportedly toldSEN's Cricket show.

"And the rest of us live by another set of rules."

I don't honestly think Eddie could have taken legal action successfully having studied defamation at law school, the only thing is the BBL could have punished Paine, storm in a teacup to generate publicity if you ask me!

I know school is back but 12K for the Melbourne semi is shocking, great bowling from Hobart especially by Boyce, should be a good run chace.

And Hobart are through to play either Perth or Sydney in the final, another choke from Melbourne after going undefeated. I hope Eddie McGuire knows who Tim Paine is now...

I think there's a case to be made for a "loser of '1 vs 2' plays the winner of '3 vs 4'" format to be used instead of the current one. The fickle nature of Twenty20 cricket, and the ease of losing, don't really favour the idea that an unbeaten first-placed team that loses the semi-final should be immediately eliminated, as both the Renegades and Stars know to their own cost. One could argue that it's a team's own fault for choking in the semi final on their home ground, but the consequences are too dire for a game on which so much is riding in so little time, and in which fortunes and momentum can swing so quickly and harshly -- even including the toss of the coin. It would mean one extra game in the finals series, but it would make for a much fairer league overall.

I know school is back but 12K for the Melbourne semi is shocking
That was the one flaw in the great kids-get-in-free scheme that the Big Bash had going. The BBL should never have bled into February, and a seven-week league is too long for a franchise competition. I still maintain that, for the sake of the international calendar (and the other formats of the affected domestic season), all franchise competitions be limited to six weeks of matches. I'm a little worried about what's going to happen to all formats of Australia's (and NZ's) domestic season next year (especially after this year's Ryobi Cup circus), being a World Cup year, where there's even less flexibility for such a sparsely scheduled competition.

I think there's a case to be made for a "loser of '1 vs 2' plays the winner of '3 vs 4'" format to be used instead of the current one.
I dunno, I like double chances for stuff like Aussie Rules because the season goes for 6 months.

Even this format is just 8 rounds, sure the Stars swept these games but they choked when it mattered, absolutely nothing conspired against them like a rain interrupted game or something they just played badly, no excuses. It just how a cricket tournament is, take South Africa in World Cups playing like kings through the minor rounds winning everything then crumbling under the heat of the finals.

WOW, that was tense, only just squeezing in a 5 over game and sneaking home.

D/L works fine for 50 overs but is dodgy for 20, the total set for Sydney was way easier when you still have all your wickets in hand.

So I guess it's Perth back home to lose another final...

Marsh back for Perth, Laughlin out for Hobart. Should be a good game, 2 quality sides on paper although Hobart's tail is very long even than Perth's a lot depends on their top order guns.

Good score by Perth 191 should be hard to chase. Glad to see this final, no tears lost in this house when the stars and sixers went out.

Great win, about bloody time WA won something, don't think I could have taken losing it 3 times in a row.

Also nice catch by the great Tendai Mzungu in the crowd :cool:

Back