Big Bash League 2015/16

Have enjoyed what I have seen so far.

Would love to see the BigBash victor play the Super Smash (NZ T20 comp) champion after every season.. Thoughts?

It would be interesting that's for sure.

Like what Kram81 Kram81 has said, seeing some NZ teams in the BBL would be good. Perhaps even joining the two competitions together could work although that would lead to a lengthened tournament. It could be cricket's version of the "Super Rugby" tournament.

Looks like coulter nile has broken his elbow. Know the feeling. That ground seems to be a bit too firm.

It looks to be some sort of shoulder or elbow injury. That's really tough luck for Coulter-Nile who is in the test squad for the second and third tests against West Indies. Even more so that he is returning from a serious injury over the off-season and had only returned to playing about five weeks ago.

It certainly makes the Scorchers' assignment a lot tougher with most of our test players to be missing and Coulter-Nile now out which affects our bowling and lower-order hitting capabilities.

It looks to be some sort of shoulder or elbow injury. That's really tough luck for Coulter-Nile who is in the test squad for the second and third tests against West Indies. Even more so that he is returning from a serious injury over the off-season and had only returned to playing about five weeks ago.

It certainly makes the Scorchers' assignment a lot tougher with most of our test players to be missing and Coulter-Nile now out which affects our bowling and lower-order hitting capabilities.
Yeah a similar injury to what i had last june. Broke my left elbow whilst goal umpiring. Could hear the bones breaking as i was coming off the field.

Think coulter nile's scans came back saying he had a shoulder issue. Out for 3 months so i heard.

Ouch!

Not as popular over there compared to the bbl here?

I'm not sure...the Aces get the most televised matches which probably means that its all about TV revenue as Auckland has the largest population. We do seem to get all the BBL matches though..

Like what Kram81 Kram81 has said, seeing some NZ teams in the BBL would be good. Perhaps even joining the two competitions together could work although that would lead to a lengthened tournament. It could be cricket's version of the "Super Rugby" tournament.

I really like that idea but I could see some of our weaker sides such as the Firebirds and Stags - really struggling. Our stronger teams could certainly hold their own..

Even so...the more the competition became established, the better the weaker sides would become - in theory.

Andy Maher still hasn't had a prime time commentary gig. His ordinary reputation is finally catching up with him. C10 have sent mark Howard all over the country in the past week. Including a Melbourne-Perth-Hobart trip in consecutive days.

Yeah a similar injury to what i had last june. Broke my left elbow whilst goal umpiring. Could hear the bones breaking as i was coming off the field.

Think coulter nile's scans came back saying he had a shoulder issue. Out for 3 months so i heard.

Ouch!

Dislocated shoulder I believe, probably won't play again this domestic season.

I really like that idea but I could see some of our weaker sides such as the Firebirds and Stags - really struggling. Our stronger teams could certainly hold their own..

Even so...the more the competition became established, the better the weaker sides would become - in theory.

The franchise aspect would mean all teams could attract players, so the weaker sides would be able to entice international players and potentially other star players from other franchises.

The weaker teams might stay weak for a couple of seasons or so but as we've seen with the Sydney Thunder this season things do eventually turn around with the right recruiting and team balance strategies.

Andy Maher still hasn't had a prime time commentary gig. His ordinary reputation is finally catching up with him. C10 have sent mark Howard all over the country in the past week. Including a Melbourne-Perth-Hobart trip in consecutive days.

I'm not surprised, he's a very ordinary commentator. I saw him doing the WBBL on the weekend, seems he's been relegated from the BBL to women's cricket. I guess Channel 10 finally listened to everyone and realised he was garbage.

It's great news for us Brian. Maher is indeed very ordinary. Ordinary on radio and tv. If they have to employ him, keep him in the background.

Dislocated shoulder I believe, probably won't play again this domestic season.

The franchise aspect would mean all teams could attract players, so the weaker sides would be able to entice international players and potentially other star players from other franchises.

The weaker teams might stay weak for a couple of seasons or so but as we've seen with the Sydney Thunder this season things do eventually turn around with the right recruiting and team balance strategies.

I'm not surprised, he's a very ordinary commentator. I saw him doing the WBBL on the weekend, seems he's been relegated from the BBL to women's cricket. I guess Channel 10 finally listened to everyone and realised he was garbage.
Did hear he was ruled out for three months.

So the Scorchers were far too good for the Heat on Boxing Day while the Stars got their first win of the tournament against the Sixers tonight.

Tomorrow the Thunder host the Strikers with both sides the only teams who are undefeated.

Sydney Thunder easily accounted for the Strikers yesterday while the Hurricanes kept the Heat winless tonight with a 15-run win. Chris Lynn made a fantastic hundred for the Heat but couldn't get his side over the line in a game which saw some bit hits all evening.

Tomorrow night sees the Renegades host the Scorchers with the Strikers taking on the Sixers on New Year's Eve. Then on New Year's Day, the Hurricanes are in action again, this time against the undefeated Thunder.

Back