Big Bash

Amazing innings from Dave Warner, he's obviously in some rare form atm and pretty much a solo effort for Sydney out there.. Warne pulled out of the attack after only 2 overs..

23K just an OK crowd really although it looked like more on TV, it will be interesting to see what they get in Adelaide and Perth tomorrow.

Not sure if the concept of supporting mercenaries is what cricket is about. Gayle refuses to play Test cricket because its boring and he doesn't get the money he expects. Same with Tait and a number of other players.Why is Hayden playing again? Warne gets his attention plus a mountain of cash for bowling 24 deliveries. People are not stupid and are not going to fork out money to watch teams that have been slapped together so Cricket Australia can make some quick cash.Stick to the State set up and get two teams from New Zealand too participate.

Yeah it's absolute crap compared to the old competition, doubt that it will hold my interest especially after seeing yesterday's games. How friggin old is Perth's team?? Playing blokes like Gibbs ffs, Collingwood at least is a tryer but he's an average player and past it. It's a joke.

I'm a bit indifferent to the format at international level, but the old domestic competition was easily one of my highlights of the cricketing calendar.

Stick to the State set up and get two teams from New Zealand too participate.

That would be sooo much better, I guess the whole thing is about money though, even though crowds are down I've heard that the TV ratings have been pretty good.

Still hate it. Stupid platform. Sure, watching Tait getting smashed around by his SA team mates is good value, but its utterly stupid.
Put it back to the way it was. We already have enough of the Indian Cricket boards influence in the game, we don't need second version of the IPL

Well, surprisingly Gibbs actually went alright last night.

Looks like Eric Cartman is captain now with Warner out on Test duty.

It's an okay concept although hardly original. Not a fan of the franchises to be honest, I think forcing the NSW and Vic supporters to choose between two teams isn't on. The competition has been slapped together pretty quickly and the crowds have showed that.

Adelaide Oval looks like it might get close to full tonight, lots there and still heaps of people lining up outside to get in.

Perth finish with 8 for 162 which is quite disappointing after the flyer the openers got off to, will need to perform well with the ball.

Oh and poor M.Marsh getting hit, **** that would've hurt :eek::D

Perth ended up winning that game by ten runs. The Renegades beat the Thunder on Friday Night and the Hurricanes were too good for the Thunder tonight also.

Can't believe that Perth managed to beat the Melbourne Stars last night, how crap have they been?? Terrible attempt at a relatively simple run chase, and the less said about the Australian captain's form the better..

Nice to see Gibbs still in good touch but he needs some help from Perth's middle order, they've been useless so far in the competition. Bowling has been pretty good though.

The only good game this season was Heat vs Hurricanes where the Heat won their first game of the tournament by three runs. That said it wasn't highly exciting, merely the best game. I have to say I was excited at first, but it's really fizzled out and I'm now asking all the questions that have already been posted on this thread.

That said, the BBL isn't really targeting our demographic, the cricket lover. I have loads of friends who are occasional followers who went down to the Gabba the other night simply to watch Hayden wearing the quite outlandish colours that are flashed all over billboards up here (not sure whether there's advertisements for the BBL seemingly every few kilometres anywhere else). The ads all over Facebook are aimed at AFL and NRL supporters and use phrases like "rock 'n' roll" and "extreme', with pictures of explosions on them. The Gabba has had massive turnouts for both games so far and people look to be coming back.

According to the website the Heat is the most popular team by miles (mostly because of the advertising focussed at brain-dead rugby league players and the love for T20 up here), so for those that don't have the 30,000 strong Facebook fan club what's the crowd turnout been like?

Perth's home game against Adelaide tomorrow has been sold out for a couple of days and the previous game sold out as well. Mind you the WACA only holds about 20K. Crowds all around the country have been pretty impressive so far, looked to be a lot at the MCG tonight maybe around 40k at a guess.

Great win again by Perth again with North, Gibbs and Hoggy the best, even Collingwood cleared the rope a couple of times. Looked like a great atmosphere at the WACA, apparently Tasmania's game tonight is also sold out.

Really surprising how well the veterans have gone so far in the tournament, thought a few might be made to look a little silly.

Well.. except for Bryce McGain of course :oops::D

The batting last night from Adelaide in that run chase was woeful, some of the shots played by the batsman.. to get get knocked over for 87 on that deck was ridiculous. Also pretty embarrassing for Ferguson to not even get a gamee.

Surprised at how well the Scorchers have done, thought they'd be lucky to win three games at best. Strikers struggling as are the Heat. Have no idea how Salpietro is getting a game for the Strikers, he's absolutely useless.

Scorchers now guaranteed a home semi final after flogging a pathetic Sydney thunder tonight.

Well Perth get through to the final and champion's league after beating the Melbourne Stars in semi last night despite a slight scare at the end. Don't know why the f*** Wade was batting down at 8 with Voges, White and Bailey ahead of him, I know I was relieved to see him not coming in next when the run rate was mounting.

And lol at the talk in the media yesterday morning of Bailey possibly replacing White as the T20 captain, neither of those clowns should be anywhere near the national side.

Back