BigCricket Travel Thread

D.K

BigCricket Travel Thread

Thought maybe people could share their experiences of places to go around the word. I will post a few up, 1 a day for a week.

I have been to:

The United Kingdom
France
Belgium
Luxembourg
Germany
Finland
Sweedan
Norway
Denmark
Greece
Singapore
Thialand
Hong Kong

Rhodes Island - Greece

One word - Amazing. The place is just brilliant. Went in 2004 with the whole family, brothers best mate and a friend who is basiclly in the family. Went at the end of the summer period when the down time was happening, but still enough movement to enjoy our 8 nights there staying Rhodes town.

Here is a great website if you want more info

There is this man made diving platform roughly 200m out to sea. We took a camera out there and went nuts jumping off this 10m platform, wish the pictures were digital.

Being so close to Crete and Turkey a ferry takes you there in no time, we went across and had a nice day there. Its really cultural with some really old ancient buildings/places but also at night the town really lights up. Especially the Old Rhodes Town.

Would have to be my favourite place I have ever visited.

Re: BigCricket Travel Thread

Just Hong Kong :eek: pretty awesome. Seen most of Australia though. Would like to visit Phuket or the U.K if I get the chance.

Just for you Cricket fans here......

The Home Counties - England

They are three small counties Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Berkshire. Surrounding London which makes it a great locaton. All really small but having played two season's of cricket there jsut some of the greatest and most picturest grounds I have ever played on. NOt just limited to those three counties but I felt that so many cricket games were played on picturest, small and beautiful grounds/areas/ If you are cricket player, go and play some cricket in this part of the country if you have a chance. You wont regret it

Just a couple of pictures, nto much detail in my description if you want some more I will post up.

I'm going to the UK next year to play some cricket for school...looking forward to playing on some lush ovals for a change

D.K;294625 said:
Just for you Cricket fans here......

The Home Counties - England

They are three small counties Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Berkshire. Surrounding London which makes it a great locaton. All really small but having played two season's of cricket there jsut some of the greatest and most picturest grounds I have ever played on. NOt just limited to those three counties but I felt that so many cricket games were played on picturest, small and beautiful grounds/areas/ If you are cricket player, go and play some cricket in this part of the country if you have a chance. You wont regret it

Just a couple of pictures, nto much detail in my description if you want some more I will post up.

Lovely place; for me it's just a dream.

the_socialite;315925 said:
I'm going to the UK next year to play some cricket for school...looking forward to playing on some lush ovals for a change

You don't understand the enjoyment you get from playing on lush ovals that are actually green while playing on turf everywhere

Done a fair bit of travel in Europe, SE Asia, North America. Switzerland would have to be my favourite country.

Next trip will be South Asia I think. Eventually want to see more of Eastern Europe, North Africa and South America.

seen most of western europe, U.S, canada, singapore, thailand, fiji, samoa, N.Z, india and china. lived in england for a fair amount of time. time of my life playing cricket at my exchange school, with a pub in walking distance. nothing more british!

Favourite place has to be India. not a lot you can say about it without actually going there and experiencing it yourself. just make sure you take it all in and soak up the atmosphere! and watch the locals go nuts at the cricket, especially if your in an Aussie one day top :p

Ummm where to start.

New Zealand- been there 4 times, lived there
Indonesia- been maybe 15 times- I've forgotten how many! ;)
USA- been to Hawaii, LA twice, NY twice

and I've been to Europe 3 times, visiting most of these countries at least twice, with some three times!

England,
Scotland,
Wales,
France,
Luxembourg,
Belgium,
Netherlands,
Denmark,
Sweden,
Germany,
Switzerland,
Austria,
Liechtenstein,
Czech Rep.,
Hungary,
Croatia,
Greece,
Italy,
Monaco,
Spain.

That's it so far.

Croatia has to be one of my fav places in the world. Dubrovnik & the Plitvice lakes being the stand outs.

Salzburg in Austria was beautiful too.

For close by scenery you can't beat the South Island in NZ, closer to Sydney than Perth and stunning! ;)

Should I include the Vatican City as another country? :)

On the immediate to-do list:

Southern Africa,
Egypt,
Turkey,
Russia,
Japan,
China,
SE Asia,
South America
Mexico
Canada