City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

CLOCKER;399568 said:
Brett,
It is just a friendly tipping competition.It's not like there is a 50K prize at stake.

Clockman,

Given old man Merl seems a little pre-occupied and you are our most astute statistician, would it be too much to ask of you to give us a currently tally for the season's footy tipping after the completion of this round?

Brett,
It does not bother me if you want to do it that way.
Mick,
Happy to do so.
Give me a few days.

brett;399457 said:
What a shambles this tipping has become when the organiser can enter his tips in after 3 games have been played and no surprise that after 3 close games this person has 3 tips right. laughable

Hey Bretty,
Lighten up and just concentrate on your cricket, how are / did the English seamers go against your natural talent with blade?
Are you going to coach over there after your recent successful stint at 3 clubs in just as many years?
Leave old Merl alone, he'll get the results up when it counts.
Heard some of the boys at the lake are ecstatic about your return ????????:eek::rolleyes:

New coach could be heading CMCA way...Interesting to see if he decides to join his brother at Omega or join up with another club.

Hampton CC website.
The Club is pleased to annnounce that Glenn Finkelde has been appointed as new Senior Coach in the role recently vacated by Justin Ferguson.

Loving the gossip.......great time of the year when we see who heads were.

Anyone else got anything?

CLOCKER;399639 said:
New coach could be heading CMCA way...Interesting to see if he decides to join his brother at Omega or join up with another club.

Hampton CC website.
The Club is pleased to annnounce that Glenn Finkelde has been appointed as new Senior Coach in the role recently vacated by Justin Ferguson.

He won't be going anywhere as he has retired despite a couple of CMCA clubs having a big crack at him.

Forgot to put in my tips but i did get a 6 in my other comps.

Ordinary Bloke;399649 said:
He won't be going anywhere as he has retired despite a couple of CMCA clubs having a big crack at him.

Forgot to put in my tips but i did get a 6 in my other comps.

What about the rumour your boys offered him $5K, Vin? There's also one that Clint's foot is knackered and it's likely he won't play next season?
Likelihood is that that Ferg (of the Justin variety) will stay at Hampton and play occasionally. Just had bub number 3.

Uncle Mick;399650 said:
What about the rumour your boys offered him $5K, Vin? There's also one that Clint's foot is knackered and it's likely he won't play next season?
Likelihood is that that Ferg (of the Justin variety) will stay at Hampton and play occasionally. Just had bub number 3.

Just a rumour Mick, he was offered a fair bit from a few clubs but has stated if he was to play anywhere in the CMCA it would be with his brother.
Clint is fine mate, had his op and yeah there were some issues with it, but he's feeling great and ready to have a big pre-season.

I heard through the grapevine that the hyphen from the hooped mob is being chased by the panthers.

St.Kilda has appointed a new coach.Could have another potential coach available who would be a huge pick up.

Got an email from our Secretary that the CMCA is proposing Woolnough Shield become a 144 over game as well as Longmuir. I'm interested to see what people's thoughts are on this.

Personally, I think we might struggle a bit with the current cattle minus our skipper who's heading either overseas or interstate in the next few months.

Makes perfect sense and should have been implemented much sooner.Should also make it compulsory that all grades use 4 piece balls.

CLOCKER;399794 said:
Makes perfect sense and should have been implemented much sooner.Should also make it compulsory that all grades use 4 piece balls.

Clock what is the positives of all grades using a 4 piece ball?????

I really don't think it is necessary in my opinion, every club knows how expensive ball cost are and changing all grades from 2 piece to 4 piece would bring greater cost and pressure on clubs when it is not needed. I think LS and WS using 4 piece balls are fine then leave the rest. As you get down the level of the grades the quality of cricket declines so there is no need to go and pay $50-60 for a match ball which is almost double the cost of a 2 piece ball i believe which would bring a club a extra roughly $250-300 cost a grade a year.
And Uniting who have 4 sides below Woolnut will be paying a extra $1000-1200 which adds up.

brett;399825 said:
Clock what is the positives of all grades using a 4 piece ball?????

I really don't think it is necessary in my opinion, every club knows how expensive ball cost are and changing all grades from 2 piece to 4 piece would bring greater cost and pressure on clubs when it is not needed. I think LS and WS using 4 piece balls are fine then leave the rest. As you get down the level of the grades the quality of cricket declines so there is no need to go and pay $50-60 for a match ball which is almost double the cost of a 2 piece ball i believe which would bring a club a extra roughly $250-300 cost a grade a year.
And Uniting who have 4 sides below Woolnut will be paying a extra $1000-1200 which adds up.

Brett,
Longmuir through to D Grade currently use 4 piece balls.So what you are talking about is two grades per club.Two piece balls are outdated and do nothing for the development of cricketers in lower grades.An up and coming young bowler will move a 2 piece all over the place and as soon as you give them a 4 piece they struggle.

If Thats the case Clock then BUCC have 3 grades which will total $900. You will find most of the lower grades are full of.

A. Blokes who have been at the top and are ending there careers so they are dropping down.
B. Blokes who probably won't progress any higher, seem to play most of there career down there.
C. Kids who are still in Jnrs making the step into senior cricket whilst playing Jnrs.

So to counter argue your point and back up what i am getting at is well if your trying to get kids to learn how to use a 4 piece then whats next.........introduce it into Junior cricket also.?

Anyway not much point arguing because the clubs won't vote for it to come in, that's using 4 piece in all grades.

Brett,
Again I would not have a problem with Under 14's-Under 16's using 4 piece balls. I agree that the clubs will not vote for it, but the argument about costs is a furfee.You know better than most the cost turf clubs have to incur including covers,rollers and paying someone to do it, as well as all of the other costs.
OM & Sugar can you provide me with the tips you would have made in the rounds where you did not provide tips. Obviously taking it on trust.

Round 8 Tips:
Fremantle
Melbourne
Bulldogs
Geelong
North Melbourne
Hawthorn by a lot.
Carlton
St.Kilda

You make some valid points Clock in relation to Turf and there expenses, In my opinion and only that of mine. Most Clubs tend to do just what they need to do to get by, the powerful clubs are the well run clubs who have a mix of success on field and off field (socially) this is done by Committee members who work there back sides off and 'want to' which is the key.
To many people join Committees because there is no one else to do it or want too. Some clubs are fortunate enough to acquire the services of people who want to do it.
This is the separation difference between the clubs who can afford extra cost and clubs who can't.............If you think your club has done well and raised enough money 'wrong' you can always raise more. Just a matter of who is going to do it and when is enough money enough?

brett;399855 said:
If Thats the case Clock then BUCC have 3 grades which will total $900. You will find most of the lower grades are full of.

A. Blokes who have been at the top and are ending there careers so they are dropping down.
B. Blokes who probably won't progress any higher, seem to play most of there career down there.
C. Kids who are still in Jnrs making the step into senior cricket whilst playing Jnrs.

So to counter argue your point and back up what i am getting at is well if your trying to get kids to learn how to use a 4 piece then whats next.........introduce it into Junior cricket also.?

Anyway not much point arguing because the clubs won't vote for it to come in, that's using 4 piece in all grades.

Brett, I would think that the players in your Point A would have a distinct advanatge with a 2-piece ball when competing against players as per Points B & C. They may not be as quick, but they would certainly know how to hold a seam upright enough to allow the ball's natural swing. With the right experience, a 2-piece ball would destroy batitng line-ups.

But Sugar, how long have 2 piece balls been used for in the lower grades?

We still see some big scores down the grades, most sides batting near 65 overs each week.

Look i am all for 4 piece balls in all grades but there has to be another alternatives because the ball prices will sky rocket for some clubs. Just not sure the cost involved out way the positives on making the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back