City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Thanks for the input Brett, but I thought it would be relevant to show his stats.If he was to bat at 5 or 6 he will make a lot of runs in the CMCA.
Speaking of stats:
RUNS 181
HIGHEST SCORE 58
AVERAGE 18.1

You have a bit of work ahead of you, but if you have dropped some weight then you are on the right path.

CLOCKER;401511 said:
Thanks for the input Brett, but I thought it would be relevant to show his stats.If he was to bat at 5 or 6 he will make a lot of runs in the CMCA.
Speaking of stats:
RUNS 181
HIGHEST SCORE 58
AVERAGE 18.1

You have a bit of work ahead of you, but if you have dropped some weight then you are on the right path.

lads having played against Bish for the best part of 10 years and knowing a little about the CMCA I'm sure he would dominate. Didn't have his best year last but still is a handful all the same, bowls good wheels and gets plenty of bounce out of flat turf decks . Is he playing in the CMCA this year?

BCC1842;401512 said:
lads having played against Bish for the best part of 10 years and knowing a little about the CMCA I'm sure he would dominate. Didn't have his best year last but still is a handful all the same, bowls good wheels and gets plenty of bounce out of flat turf decks . Is he playing in the CMCA this year?

It comes from a usually reliable source in Uncle Mick, but who knows whether it will eventuate. It is a big drop from the grandiose ranks of Sub District to park cricket.This competition is riddled with the corpses of so called names with huge reputations who have barely troubled the stats man.

Thanks Clock, i have pal hoping to drop some more. I still know i have plenty to prove and thats what i intend to do.

Round 12 selections:

Carlton
Hawthorn
Geelong
Fremantle
Sydney
West Coast
Collingwood
Footscray

Merl's been hibernating like a good winter bear drinking cans on the boundary with Arch my good mate.

My good lady friend on the tram tells me there is animated discussions re introducing a football style ( sorry child ) red & yellow card system for offenders.The gold caps will have no one left on the field!!! and the man with the gun is opposed to the introduction but may not get his wish!!!!

Sugar you have nearly been as quiet as me but i have observed some frivolity in the long room with a bit of go dees success of late.What do you know and what have the clubs been told.

Can't say too much but have heard a big name premier cricketer is close to signing on the dotted line and the BBQ's are requesting more money to fill the gas bottles!!!!

Just a few snippets from an unusually quiet Merl who is ready to change nappies again at the new oasis 2 creche !!!!!!! Let the games begin and I don't mean that silly game they try to call football.

Until next time....keep looking.....vino sipping poster......Prof Merlot

ps I will get the tipping scores up to date soon just to give another reason to change the nappy!!!!

Yes Merlot I alluded to that a week or so ago and there is another to join as well.If true then I am afraid that the reign of the Juggeranut may come to an end.It will also put some noses out of joint as players are forced to step aside to accomodate a new structure.Only time will tell whether it will work.

Lads, just caught up on the last few days and noticed a bit about Beshara. The stats from last season weren't flattering, but if you look at the season before I believe those stats were enough to win him the Subbies cricketer of the year - or so I've been told. Either way, they are pretty impressive figures. I'm with Clocker though. Too many times we've had quality cricketers come across from the turf wickets and struggled to make an impact - majority of those are bats though. It also remains to be seen whether he'll leave Ormond to join East Sandy. Should be a handful with the rock in his hand if he does decide to move.

It would make sense having wooly and longy the same amount of overs.

Have any clubs announced coaches and captains etc?

On big bad bashera, he would be a handy pick up for any cmca side. but like others might find it hard to adapt to different style of batters in the cmca. will be interesting.

Uncle Mick;401813 said:
Just noticed on the CMCA website that the proposed move to 72 overs in Woolnough didn't get enough support after a 'straw poll'.

MyCricket: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association

Has to be said, that the CMCA are pulling their weight with respect to keeping us up to date.

Agreed that they keeping us to date, disagree that they even need to conduct a 'straw poll'.This is a straight forward decision that does not need to be referred back to the clubs and should be just implemented.This is exactly why the Executive is appointed. Just do it and move on.

CLOCKER;401872 said:
Agreed that they keeping us to date, disagree that they even need to conduct a 'straw poll'.This is a straight forward decision that does not need to be referred back to the clubs and should be just implemented.This is exactly why the Executive is appointed. Just do it and move on.

I agree 100%. though anyone who's been involved with the CMCA should know how inefficient and purely 'reactive' it is run, based on the 'initiative is good aslong as someone else does it first' theory. then try and put our 'twist' on it. 72 overs? why not 70? why not go to 80 like VTCA? oddball tradition over rational common sense sound familiar in the cmca. straw poll= good idea, too scared to implement. (insert scapegoat poll) aaagh!!relief! good job committee:D

Guy Incognito;401899 said:
I agree 100%. though anyone who's been involved with the CMCA should know how inefficient and purely 'reactive' it is run, based on the 'initiative is good aslong as someone else does it first' theory. then try and put our 'twist' on it. 72 overs? why not 70? why not go to 80 like VTCA? oddball tradition over rational common sense sound familiar in the cmca. straw poll= good idea, too scared to implement. (insert scapegoat poll) aaagh!!relief! good job committee:D

I wouldn't be beating the VTCA drum too hard.From what I have read everyone hates the points system where clubs are forced to play a second innings for percentage but the VTCA in their wisdom refuse to back down.
I would also remind you that the CMCA actually accomodates the VTCA by running a junior competition which incorporates a number of VTCA clubs.One less thing that the VTCA has to worry about.

ROUND 13 (PART 1)
Fremantle
Brisbane Lions
North Melbourne
Bulldogs
Essendon

The Nappy San FOOTBALL TIPS for this round

hawks
freo
bris
north
bullies
St Kilda
Pies
Go Dees

I hear that Moose has been remounted to the side board at the political football club or should that be cricket club.The Politican will have his work cut out stopping the bells ringing for a division of Parliament!!!

Merl

CLOCKER;401921 said:
I wouldn't be beating the VTCA drum too hard.From what I have read everyone hates the points system where clubs are forced to play a second innings for percentage but the VTCA in their wisdom refuse to back down.
I would also remind you that the CMCA actually accomodates the VTCA by running a junior competition which incorporates a number of VTCA clubs.One less thing that the VTCA has to worry about.

Wasn't beating their drum. just using it as an example. the bonus point system is an issue yes, i believe it is necessary to get 2 full days play on many of the decks provided, though at the same time giving an unfair advantage to clubs who play half their games on a good home deck to make more runs on. thats where the percentage system would be better, but their is also a problem with the fixture setup that allows exploitation of the system. but if everyone played in the spirit of the game every week of the season it wouldn't be an issue.

CLOCKER;401921 said:
In fact the the VTCA clubs are the quickest growing junior clubs in the CMCA and this year will see a under 17 comp. played on TURF on Sundays, run by the VTCA. Also the clubs have a say on the bonus points system and it always comes out in favor of it.

southern sledge;402042 said:
In fact the the VTCA clubs are the quickest growing junior clubs in the CMCA and this year will see a under 17 comp. played on TURF on Sundays, run by the VTCA. Also the clubs have a say on the bonus points system and it always comes out in favor of it.

That is a positive for the VTCA and no doubt they will end up pinching a lot of players from local clubs.Uortunately the CMCA is still stuck in the 1950's when it comes to Junior cricket.Three CMCA clubs have been forced to play in another competition to try and get an Under 17's format up and running. As usual this gets put into the too hard basket for the CMCA as they have tunnel vision when it comes to developing something different.

lets be honest; every club has it players stolen off them by other clubs who play in higher comps. the cmca is a strong comp full of guys who want to have a hit of cricket with their mates. the vtca is the same only difference is u have half a dozen tossers who think that playing on turf is the best thing ever. its not the be all and end all. turf cricket at local level has a lot of problems. very hard to tamper a hard wicket....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back