City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

jogitin;402160 said:
lets be honest; every club has it players stolen off them by other clubs who play in higher comps. the cmca is a strong comp full of guys who want to have a hit of cricket with their mates. the vtca is the same only difference is u have half a dozen tossers who think that playing on turf is the best thing ever. its not the be all and end all. turf cricket at local level has a lot of problems. very hard to tamper a hard wicket....

More than half a dozen mate! Ignorant to the fact that higher level turf pitches managed by full time staff such as premier cricket play more like synthetic pitches than dirt a council worker/club member spends a few half assed hours rolling.

Guy Incognito;402172 said:
More than half a dozen mate! Ignorant to the fact that higher level turf pitches managed by full time staff such as premier cricket play more like synthetic pitches than dirt a council worker/club member spends a few half assed hours rolling.

knowing a lot of people playing premier cricket, thirds and fourths grounds are done by the council and club members too.. thats why the premier cricket have the argument every year bout moving to mats for 3rds and 4ths.

jogitin;402173 said:
knowing a lot of people playing premier cricket, thirds and fourths grounds are done by the council and club members too.. thats why the premier cricket have the argument every year bout moving to mats for 3rds and 4ths.

I said 'higher' level. premier 3's and 4's isn't a better standard than longmuir shield. I apologise for not being incredibly specific jog, premier 1's and 2's(main grounds). there's your cmca reference pup.

Guy Incognito;402184 said:
I said 'higher' level. premier 3's and 4's isn't a better standard than longmuir shield. I apologise for not being incredibly specific jog, premier 1's and 2's(main grounds). there's your cmca reference pup.

depends on who u speak too. some 1 and 2's ground are pretty awful.

jogitin;402185 said:
depends on who u speak too. some 1 and 2's ground are pretty awful.

Good properly prepared turf wicket, a bad pitch is a bad pitch, turf or synthetic(yes you get bad synthetic decks). Don't understand the pesty argumentativeness, it sounds like your a synthetic advocate, like me. under certain circumstances i believe synthetic is a much better option.

Huge announcement from Uniting which was intimated upon a few weeks ago.There will be a few at the Oasis who will be gutted at this announcement.
No doubt a handy acquisition at say number 6.Very unliekly he would be upto bowling but who knows.I have also heard that another St.Kilda player could be coming with him.

Good work by all concerned at Uniting to pull off such a coup.I wonder what Cully is upto?

Glenn Lalor has been appointed to the Bentleigh Uniting Coaching Panel.

Glenn has played for the past 15 years at Premier club St.Kilda where he played in almost 200 First XI games including 5 Premierships. Glenn has captained the club and been a champion fast bowler and middle order batsmen for Premeir Cricket.

Glenn will Captain our Longmuir Shield team and will lend his expertise as a High Performance coach, working mainly with our Longy and Woolnough Shield players .

Glenn is excited about the prospect of guiding our young and developing players in both senior and junior ranks.

Big get for Uniting. Mackie have claimed they'd get him back for a few years now. Starting to look like the team to beat if Cull enters the fray.
The Beshara rumour might be one to put to bed. I'm told ESBC chased him unsuccessfully in the past, but haven't spoken to him this year.

Uncle Mick;402209 said:
Big get for Uniting. Mackie have claimed they'd get him back for a few years now. Starting to look like the team to beat if Cull enters the fray.
The Beshara rumour might be one to put to bed. I'm told ESBC chased him unsuccessfully in the past, but haven't spoken to him this year.

I don't believe Cully will be at Uniting, just wondering out a loud what he was doing this season. If the name mentioned to me follows Lalor then just give them the flag now.It will be an interesting first round encounter when they meet the Juggernaut as well Round 6 against the Oasis. Mr Lalor is well known for not suffering fools lightly.Umpires could be in trouble.:eek:

CLOCKER;402214 said:
I don't believe Cully will be at Uniting, just wondering out a loud what he was doing this season. If the name mentioned to me follows Lalor then just give them the flag now.It will be an interesting first round encounter when they meet the Juggernaut as well Round 6 against the Oasis. Mr Lalor is well known for not suffering fools lightly.Umpires could be in trouble.:eek:

If the name mentioned to you is a VTCA former Paxino Medalist & St Kilda CC player several years ago then you'd be right on the money...

CLOCKER;402205 said:
Huge announcement from Uniting which was intimated upon a few weeks ago.There will be a few at the Oasis who will be gutted at this announcement.
No doubt a handy acquisition at say number 6.Very unliekly he would be upto bowling but who knows.I have also heard that another St.Kilda player could be coming with him.

Good work by all concerned at Uniting to pull off such a coup.I wonder what Cully is upto?

Glenn Lalor has been appointed to the Bentleigh Uniting Coaching Panel.

Glenn has played for the past 15 years at Premier club St.Kilda where he played in almost 200 First XI games including 5 Premierships. Glenn has captained the club and been a champion fast bowler and middle order batsmen for Premeir Cricket.

Glenn will Captain our Longmuir Shield team and will lend his expertise as a High Performance coach, working mainly with our Longy and Woolnough Shield players .

Glenn is excited about the prospect of guiding our young and developing players in both senior and junior ranks.

Must have REEEAL deep pockets at uniting from what i know what he was asking ... will be a handy inclusion

Can anyone confirm what the CMCA rules/laws are for paying players and coaches? I'm pretty sure this was covered a while back, but I can't remember the details.

Huge pick up for uniting. Wish Glenn the best of luck. And it wouldn't surprise me if a few other saints boys from the area venture down to uniting. Some that might have played for other clubs may wish to follow their mate. Could see a change at the top of the ladder!

Could not be anymore excited at the prospect, Glenn has been attending St.Kilda.F.C matches for some years now with alot of us Uniting lads and knows some of the lads very well.
He is great man and all ready fits in given who he knows down at Centenary, i suspect a big and exciting year ahead at the den and credit goes to the committee who have pulled this off! :D

southern sledge;402042 said:
In fact the the VTCA clubs are the quickest growing junior clubs in the CMCA and this year will see a under 17 comp. played on TURF on Sundays, run by the VTCA. Also the clubs have a say on the bonus points system and it always comes out in favor of it.

Don't mean to start a VTCA chat on a CMCA board, but very interested in the last time the clubs had a vote on the bonus points system? It is decreed from above and I've still never heard a positive comment about it (except from you).

zyxwvu;402264 said:
Don't mean to start a VTCA chat on a CMCA board, but very interested in the last time the clubs had a vote on the bonus points system? It is decreed from above and I've still never heard a positive comment about it (except from you).
So why not post it on the VTCA board.

zyxwvu;402264 said:

I think I can safely state that this has probably never been considered.Our matches are effectively one innings with the odd outright being attempted. It seems pointless to play a second innings when the game is over.Cheap wickets and cheap runs by the beaten team in the second innings disadvantage the winning team and achieves very little. More important to partake in a few frothies.

BCC1842;402222 said:
Must have REEEAL deep pockets at uniting from what i know what he was asking ... will be a handy inclusion

I can tell you they are a very well run club with a fantastic family environment.I am still trying to work out how Bentleigh CC were able to afford the two players that won them the flag last season.

Uncle Mick;402228 said:
Can anyone confirm what the CMCA rules/laws are for paying players and coaches? I'm pretty sure this was covered a while back, but I can't remember the details.

'Each club shall be entitled to engage a maximum of two professional players in any one season'

'Each club shall also be entitled to engage a non playing coach or coaches and make payment for such services without breaching this by law'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back