City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Results from our game
Elwood 9/140 (20)
A. Howard 35, Myself 43 and the last 2 boys putting on a good 20, Brudar took a couple and glen bowled really well
Le Page 118ish (18)
J.Bunting 3/22ish, R De Haan 2/20odd Myself 2/20ish C De Lutiis 2/14 of 4
Glen and Steve both making 30ish and batting well

From what Ive heard about the other game, Uniting had a great start then struggled a bit but maknig 150 and bowled mckinnon out for 83, like i say not sure how accurate but similar scores.

Should be a good final hopefully but overall great idea by the CMCA and Andrew Green to get this going.

Any match results Ice Breaker? How did Mckinnon fair against the Billionaires?

Hey slegnidnhoj et al,

Todays results...

T/20 Semi #1 - Elwood 9/140 (20) defeated Le Page Park 10/118 (18)
T/20 Semi #2 - Bentleigh Uniting 7/150 (20) defeated McKinnon 10/83 (16)

-----------------------------------------------------------

CMCA Kookaburra Twenty/20 Grand Final - Wednesday 22nd Dec from 5.15pm:-

Bentleigh Uniting vs Elwood at Centenary Park!

Cheers All...

Good win last night by my boys against Le Page. Bring on Uniting next Wednesday (if the weather holds). First Grand Final of any kind for Elwood in a long time so we are are pretty happy down at the beach at the moment. Hopefully it will be a big turn out at Centenary Park next Wednesday.

Evening All,

Merl's very own Beach boys into the big dance, the one day in December and not a Clocker Nought thimble in sight.

Congratulations Field Marshall Bunting and the rest of the pack as you take on Billionaire Uniting with the speechless child still with the non talking dummy firmly planted in his gob it must be killing him with the club enforced ban.I hear on Jimmy's radio show that he and his fellow team mates have lost more than just his voice as there are kilos that have gone south as well.Maybe that dietician could pop around the corner to the Mackie Rd garage as our very own B and a few of his team mates could also shed a few kilos.

Clocker quite pleased that Ted and his poonchy deputy the mr Plod minister will send Barrack and co to Pentridge or the modern day equivalent? There will be more chance of getting the scores in the paper from inside as they provide computers and all the other mod cons and let's face it they won't have much else to do!!!

Thanks trees are green it was about time one of you Congress members got off their collective behinds and gave Joe public some information in a timely and efficient manner maybe you could be in charge of scores in the paper as Jimmy is certainly not up to the task, Condelezza he is not!!!!

Merl over and out

Merl,
I am not sure at what stage your mind went off the tracks but you have become ( or are) a hate filled individual who can only contribute by criticizing everyone. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Brett & the Executive. I hope you are not one of these serial stalkers. The point of this forum is to have a little bit of fun, talk some crap and analyze the competition. I would hope that some of the comments and contributions made on this forum have contributed to some change for the better in the competition. Alas nothing pleases you, because people like you are only satisfied when you are whining about something. Cross me off your tipping competition as it only serves to satisfy your controlling personality.

With Clocker on everything including crossing me off, and good to see your one time friend Uncle Mick also likes Clockers post.

Vino sipper wanka!

Merl,
I am not sure at what stage your mind went off the tracks but you have become ( or are) a hate filled individual who can only contribute by criticizing everyone. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Brett & the Executive. I hope you are not one of these serial stalkers. The point of this forum is to have a little bit of fun, talk some crap and analyze the competition. I would hope that some of the comments and contributions made on this forum have contributed to some change for the better in the competition. Alas nothing pleases you, because people like you are only satisfied when you are whining about something. Cross me off your tipping competition as it only serves to satisfy your controlling personality.

Was wondering how long before someone woke up and decided to post something like that! Congratulations!

Was wondering how long before someone woke up and decided to post something like that! Congratulations!

Border,
lighten up, i think you are all a bit hard on old Merl as he's thrown out the bait and got the bite.
Yes he can go on a bit, but its not abusive and in some areas he's quite correct, so if the truth hurts some people then so be it.
I think deep down that he's only trying to highlight some major flaws in our comp and administration with the hope of improving it, and since the powers to be closed off their own means of forum activities through fear of being highlighted, then how else can '' as clocker states '' talk some crap and analyze all the competition.
With the obsession with Brett, i seem to remember that he wasn't backward in coming forward not only with Merl, but with a few others as well, so what's the difference?:confused::rolleyes::D

Results from our game
Elwood 9/140 (20)
A. Howard 35, Myself 43 and the last 2 boys putting on a good 20, Brudar took a couple and glen bowled really well
Le Page 118ish (18)
J.Bunting 3/22ish, R De Haan 2/20odd Myself 2/20ish C De Lutiis 2/14 of 4
Glen and Steve both making 30ish and batting well

From what Ive heard about the other game, Uniting had a great start then struggled a bit but maknig 150 and bowled mckinnon out for 83, like i say not sure how accurate but similar scores.

Should be a good final hopefully but overall great idea by the CMCA and Andrew Green to get this going.

Well done Bunts, can you see a way for Patty Reilly to get a gig in the big one? '' one last hurrah ''

This is my only post for the remainder of the season, Merl i appreciate the interest in me as i do read this forum time to time but i will not be returning for the rest of the season i hope you understand that.
Anyway good luck to both sides this wednesday would be great to see everyone across the CMCA down at Centenary Park for the T20 final, there will be a BBQ, Cold Beer, and possibly a jumping castle for the kids lets hope Melbourne can turn the weather on and for the rest of the season good luck to all players and clubs concerned and have a merry merry xmas and a happy new year.

Pup =)

Well,Well,Well, ( 3 holes in the ground )

Thanks Brett you are a true sportsman and no doubt when the ban is lifted you can let us in on it.Good luck and like the Aussies I hope you can get back into double figures one day!!

Where does one start

Patrick

Thanks for putting a bit of sense into what is basically a forum for silly old fools like Merl to air their views.As we all found out last year if you stay within the rules then everything is okay if you stray big brother closes us down.Merl has attempted to stay within the rules while still having his say.It is a matter of opinion whether it is whinging or an attempt at constructive criticism.
And yes one man's junk is another man's treasure but Julian Assange has found out we are all entitled to free speech and Merl will not be silenced as he is passionate about the game and certainly can see it being administered far better than it is today.Gone are the days of part time or voluntary congress personel it is time they spent some war bonds and got the once dominant league to the highly regarded competition it once was!! , with some paid professional staff.

Clocker Nought,

If you can't stand the heat get your Roget's theasaurus, bat and ball and get out of the kitchen.You and the ugly one will be two less scores I need to process.
Hate is not a word in Merl's vocablury even when describing the dreaded black and white army supported by Vinnie!!!
That you continually push up your thimbles who have manipulated rules,congress,BBQ's tribunal et el , don't talk to me about respect I have enough evidence that would bury them like Melbourne Storm!!!!!I have no respect for them.

That you cannot accept even with Big Ted on your side that the CMCA are the only major Metropolitan competition not to publish scores in the Sunday papers is just an ongoing joke!!It was a ritual that scores were read over the bowl of corn flakes or Vegemite toast which is pathtecally lacking and you claim Congress read the BCF but have certainly not acted.Not even the great Jimmy Olson can solve the problem.I have no idea nor do I care about your absurd comment of a controlling personality.I am just an old man who likes to have his say and cannot understand why Congress have let standards drop without any apparent action.

Captain Grumpy,

Get some stripes and put the hard yards in with a few more posts before you are qualified to talk!!!!!!!!!

Peter Parker

I once again agree with you he is ugly and I wouldn't fancy waking up to him.

Adam,

Haven't had a drink since the clocker nought thimbles celebrations finished over a week ago and being a fellow Go Dees thought you could have provided a bit more support but I suppose you had to stick fat with the Royal Clocker nought!!!!

Trees are Green

thanks for liking my post with your mention to show you are a reasonable man and are at least having a go at letting Joe public know what's going on.

Uncle Mick

I am sure you have thoughts on all this but you are probably playing the great diplomat card that you are famous for!!!

Merl over and out

Been an interesting last few pages, not checked the BCF for a bit... Looks like we are in agrreeance then, Mr Merl is an old wind bag with nothing else to do but complain & order lambs fry & bacon, then complain about the price of milk!!

few newbies in here, good to see Marsh & a few others put their name to ye thoughts- top work, if only there were more with a bit of ticker who could follow, might make the forum more credible & interesting!!

Merry Chrissy All,& Happy NY !!

PS- Get on the Hawks/ Hodgey/ Buddy treble early, (you can get 350-1 ATM) you heard it here 1st !!!

Morning from a very excited Merl in sunny Perth,

Just popped over to see the Aussies lay a few foundation stones to regaining the ashes and thought I could interact with a few whinging poms to see if they are as bad or worst than Merl is supposed to be.

Had a text from my good friend Archie to tell me to get my hands on the Melbourne papers as low and behold there in bright bold print are the City of Moorabbin scores, you could have knocked me over with a bottle of Merlot.

I just wonder where the credit should be given?

1. Was it Merl's relentless campaign to get what every other major metro melbourne comp takes for granted, that did the trick?
2. Was it Clocker nought gate?
3. Was it Jimmy finally getting off his ample rump and producing the goods?
4. Was it trees are green exerting his influnce beyond the 20/20 comp?
5. Or do Congress really read the BCF and decided to catch up with the rest of Melb/Victoria?

Whatever Merl feels fully vindicated so much so, I have already updated the Merlot/Horlicks results but will have to tune in via the internet to Jimmy's radio show to get the one remaining Bobby Dazzler score to complete the set.

I might boast that both Golf and Merl himself got a couple of Bo Derek's just to help increase Merl's lead at the top of the pack.Results did take less time to do with the two sooky la las withdrawing their bat and ball and going home!!!!

I see the other sooky la la Big Mac relented on his self imposed ban and trashed talked up the custard pots and he can have all of the 350 to 1 and more about the treble getting up!!!!!!!!!!

Will update the tipping and put up the big round 7 fixture for any of you taking off on holidays so you can tip before you go.Just part of the service Old Merl provides for you young bucks and just remember

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me!!!!

Merl's one tough old boy, so bring on your best stuff, see you tomorrow when I get on the red eye with one hand on the urn

A happy Merl over and out

Evening All,

As I sit in Perth Airport with the trusty laptop awaiting an early flight home after giving the whinging ( I am supposed to know ) Pommies a mother and father of a beating.

I got the final Bobby Dazzler score so am able to provide the full set of results.I must say I am still in shock the thousands of miles away i was able to pick up the over priced Melbourne papers and finally find Nirvana in the sports section.Who needs Christmas presents Merl is too old and there is not much he needs anyway.

Good to see Moose finally led the Highway Pretenders to a win with a big score with support from the alphabet and Kuzma.

It must have been a close one down at Royal George but the sketchy reports i have received is that the court jesters snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!!

The Clocker thimbles made Brudes mob look ordinary enough said.

The Billionaire Uniting with Ash Russell now a certainty for the cricket brownlow didn't have it all their own way against Merl's beach boys in a dress rehersal for the trees are green cup on Wednesday night.

The Golf golfers made it very unpleasant for our very own B's mob who despite scoring nearly half of their total with 40 couldn't get any support and were beaten around the greens,bunkers and particularly the long drives of the fairways.

The cowboys shot themselves in both feet as Merl's own and Peter Parkers Ants gave them an almighty hiding with only the traveller Casey getting amongst the runs.At this stage we could have 3 or 4 pathetic sides in line for relegation.

In the Bluff RD Cup Wallet Park did as they liked against the Royals,Merl's own Chelsea Heights didn't even need old man Lockhart to drop the wind out of the oasisless Bott's mobs sails while the The sword cut a swathe through the highway pretender twos with old man John Holland getting a michelle!!!!!

Uncle Mick's mob were as quiet as he has been on the BCF of late and the improving former but maybe back again Merl's own cluden just continue to march along quietly in the background.

The pathetic purple & golds had one dayer against the thimble twos up at Elsternwick Park.

The forgotten Manakis brothers did a bit with bat and ball to send the RSL to the bar for early drinks and the big question is can the shorter of the two break into the billionaire side is he just too old!!!!

In the Bobby Dazzler

Army grabbed a couple od scalps as the fawkner Park distractions out lasted Big Macs mob.
The Billionaire thirds gave the Le Page boys a belting,while the Beach Boys did the same to Chelt Park.
The Golfers beat the broken down machine twos,The Cowboy twos put up a far better showing by knocking off Parker's ant twos.Wallet Park twos easily accounted for southside east caulfield.

I will put the tipping scores on the next post

Merl about to board over and out

Back