City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

G'day All,

The below is some info I sent out today to the T/20 Clubs (from last year) with some details of what is proposed for this years competition. I welcome your feedback and thoughts. The BIG change from last year is that we move the comp from Wednesdays to Tuesdays, (with Wednesday being reserve days in case of rain on the Tuesday).

There was also an attachment with all the rules / comp design (updated version from last year) and my little "review" of each part of the comp. I have no idea how to attach that onto this forum, but if you would like to check it out, just email me at secretary@cludencricket.com and I will get a copy of it across to you.

Cheers....Andrew G (For the CMCA T/20 Sub Committee).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear CMCA Twenty/20 Clubs,

I would like to propose the following dates for the Twenty/20 competition for season 2011/12.

Rd#1 - Tuesday 8th Nov / (Wednesday 9th Nov backup day).
Rd#2 - Tuesday 15th Nov / (Wednesday 16th Nov backup day).
Rd#3 - Tuesday 22nd Nov / (Wednesday 23rd Nov backup day).

Semi - Tuesday 29th Nov / (Wednesday 30th Nov backup day).
Final - Tuesday 6th Dec / (Wednesday 7th Dec backup day).

I hope everyone is agreeable with these dates. It leaves us Tues 13th Dec (Wed 14th Dec) and Tues 20th
Dec (Wed 21st Dec) as reserve weeks if rain washes out both a Tues & Wed during the round robin or
finals stages.

So, the key difference we are looking at this year is having the competition on Tuesdays instead of Wed
(but having the Wed as a backup day if Tues is rained out). The feedback we have had from clubs is that
they would happily replace their Tues training for the T/20 game, and thus keep their Wednesdays for
their families etc. So, fair enough. If we all agree, then I will email out the changes we propose to the
clubs and get their feedback.

Other small changes I am thinking about:-

1) No retirements on 50 - lots of feedback to scrap this rule! So, lets scrap it.

2) Round robin games to begin at 5.20pm, instead of 5.15pm. Might make things just that little bit easier
for clubs to get all players together. Last year in the early rounds we just made the finish times with light
to spare - so am suggesting we put these early games back 5 mins. Any later and we have a potential light issue.

3) Finals games - start at 5.30pm, light is good then and we can facilitate more players / crowd numbers
by starting 15 mins later than last year. I believe this will work ok.

4) Umps fees - up to $55 from $50.

5) Entrance Fee - I have thought about $100 (as per last year), $110 or even $125 (which will give us a
nice round $2K for a 16 team competition).

Ok folks, there the main things I have been thinking about. Please let me know your thoughts on these
adjustments to the rules / fees etc.

Cheers....Andrew

Great to see the felons unravelling before our very eyes on the eve of the most important month in footy. Lock them in for their last win in 2011. An impeccably reliable source informs me Malthouse will be coaching elsewhere next year. You heard it here first.
As for the rest of my tips:
Cats
Roos
Eagles
Hawks
Crows
Go Dees
Dons

Jungle drums are beating that A.Russell will be back at Sth Caulfield this year.

Great to see the felons unravelling before our very eyes on the eve of the most important month in footy. Lock them in for their last win in 2011. An impeccably reliable source informs me Malthouse will be coaching elsewhere next year. You heard it here first.
Let's hope your impeccable source can add that Malthouse is looking at the Dees... this would please both myself & Merlot.

Cats
Roos
Eagles
Hawks
Crows
Go Dees
Dons

Jungle drums are beating that A.Russell will be back at Sth Caulfield this year.

Hmm Mick at the Fuchsia’s. He is stuck with Connolly, Schwab Viney and a committee who will question whether Mick has the proper pedigree to coach the Fuchsia’s and probably hide the cutlery if he brings over any of his Collingwood support staff. Then you have Gary Lyon sniping from wings when things go wrong and taking the credit when it goes right. The list is questionable at best and looks good on paper and they simply do not have the resources that Mick is accustomed. On the other hand Mick can wander over to Princes Park where he has Swan, Gavin Brown, and Alan Richardson currently working with them as well as Judd with whom he can reminisce about the days at West Coast. Added to that they have the money and membership base who do not go walkabout during the ski season and impressive facilities at Princes Park. No brainer.

Hmm Mick at the Fuchsia’s. He is stuck with Connolly, Schwab Viney and a committee who will question whether Mick has the proper pedigree to coach the Fuchsia’s and probably hide the cutlery if he brings over any of his Collingwood support staff. Then you have Gary Lyon sniping from wings when things go wrong and taking the credit when it goes right. The list is questionable at best and looks good on paper and they simply do not have the resources that Mick is accustomed. On the other hand Mick can wander over to Princes Park where he has Swan, Gavin Brown, and Alan Richardson currently working with them as well as Judd with whom he can reminisce about the days at West Coast. Added to that they have the money and membership base who do not go walkabout during the ski season and impressive facilities at Princes Park. No brainer.
The worst thing Carlton could do is beat Essendon and lock in Ratten's extension.

Cats
Roos
Eagles
Hawks
Crows
Go Dees
Dons

I know who your Malthouse source would be Uncle....and yes, impeccably close!!
You could probably put away those jungle drum sticks though, the big fella will be at Uniting.

Any truth or is it just the Melbourne Millionaires Sugar et al, toying with Sportsbet?

ROSS Lyon has been spectacularly backed this morning to coach Melbourne next season. Lyon’s price was slashed from $9 into just $2 before the market was suspended with online bookmaker Sportsbet.com.au.
“We’ve suspended the market for the time being based on irregular betting activity over the past 24 hours,” Sportsbet.com.au’s Haydn Lane said.The move comes as Lyon prepares the Saints to take on Sydney in the second elimination final on Saturday night
Lyon was at $17 to coach Melbourne when markets were released following the sacking on Dean Bailey and gradually firmed to $9 before today’s plunge.

Any truth or is it just the Melbourne Millionaires Sugar et al, toying with Sportsbet?

ROSS Lyon has been spectacularly backed this morning to coach Melbourne next season. Lyon’s price was slashed from $9 into just $2 before the market was suspended with online bookmaker Sportsbet.com.au.
“We’ve suspended the market for the time being based on irregular betting activity over the past 24 hours,” Sportsbet.com.au’s Haydn Lane said.The move comes as Lyon prepares the Saints to take on Sydney in the second elimination final on Saturday night
Lyon was at $17 to coach Melbourne when markets were released following the sacking on Dean Bailey and gradually firmed to $9 before today’s plunge.
Fantastic strategy by cashed up Swans supporters. If St Kilda come to the party on a 3 year deal with Lyon, then he's locked in. I can't see anything happening until October. The cards start falling if Ratten loses on the weekend, then we see Malthouse lined up for Carlton. If not then Melbourne are in with a show.

Back