City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Thanks dingels. Credit should go to the players who have put their hands up to be a part of it and to everyone who has been able to get items donated to the cause. As it stands there is some high quality memorabilia. 2 items in particular are
a spot in the 2011 Handa Australian Women’s Open Pro-Am on Wednesday 2nd February at Commonwealth Golf Club, plus two ‘Season Passes’ (passes for all 4 days of the tournament); and also a bat signed by the Australia & England T20 teams. That's not to take away from some of the other stuff including rounds of golf for 4 (including carts) at a couple Victoria's premier golf courses, signed memorabilia from Mark Waugh, Matthew Hayden & Kapil Dev to name a few. It's been a fantastic effort so far by all involved. The Omega boys have been a great help as has Brett Ernst & Burger McMillan. It's great to see the CMCA lads pulling together for a great cause. All we need now are people to turn up to support the day with fat pockets for the auction items.
Good luck to everyone on Saturday and I hope to catch up with you all on Sunday.
Tips for the round are:
Longy
Omega v East Sandy
Bentleigh ANA v Carnegie South
Hampton Central v Brighton Union
Bentleigh Uniting v Le Page Park - upset brewing
Elwood v Kingston Heath
Mackie v West Bentleigh

Wooly
East Sandy v Omega
Brighton Union v Washington Park
Highett West v Bentleigh ANA - surely this is our week?!
Hampton United v Bentleigh Uniting
Cluden 1 v Moorabbin West 1
Chelsea Heights v AERSL

Quiney
Uniting
Le Page
Wash Ups
Wanderer
Carengie South
Southside

May i offer my congrats to uncle and his crew down at the kookas, great work in taking the time to organise the fund raiser for our cousins in the nth,also to the all the boys who have jumped on board to play, and everyone who has and will contribute to the day.
I will urge all our supporters to get down to this great day and help it be successful.
Not to take the gloss off a wonderful event, but the CMCA juniors will hopefully be taking care of business first in their respective GF's in the VMCU Championships, then hopefully will make it down to the kookas for some extra celebrations.
Keep the frothies on ice UM.

4 CMCA Junior Rep teams make the semi-finals!
Last updated: Thursday January 13, 2011 5:01PM
FOUR JUNIOR REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS REACH SEMIS

In a great 2 weeks of junior cricket, all CMCA teams performed creditably in the VMCU Carnival with both U14s and both U12s getting to semi-finals.

The U16 Beitzel Shield team missed the finals by 1 game to end up 5th, having won 2, lost 2 and been washed out in the last Rd in a winning position. Ben Edmunds starred with the bat, and received support from Brayden O’Toole and Sam Chamberlain. Sam Chamberlain and Lachlan Hopwood were the main wicket takers.
The U14 Allen Shield team finished 2nd, winning 6 out of 7 matches.
They have a home semi-final at Mackie Rd Reserve on Fri 14th Jan, starting 10 am
If they win they play in the grand final on Sun 16th Jan at Myrtle Park, Balwyn Mel 46 B4.
Best batsmen have been Ollie Milner, Jarrod Munday, Chris Diggle and Harry Witts, while Mitch Clarke, Tom Collins,
Ollie Milner and Pat Burnell have done well with the ball.

The U14 Nolan Cup team finished 2nd with 5 wins out of 6.
They have a home semi-final at Le Page Park on Fri 14th Jan, starting 10 am
If they win they play in the grand final on Sun 16th Jan at Myrtle Park, Balwyn Mel 46 B4.
Michael Ratnam has been prolific with the bat, with Josh O’Donnell and Peter Bailes also getting a few.
Lee Natsioulas, Victor Jenkins and Peter Bailes have been the main wicket takers.

The U12 Mitchell Shield team is in 2nd place with 6 wins and their last game washed out.
They have a home semi-final at Peterson St Reserve on Fri 14th Jan, starting 10 am
If they win they play in the grand final on Sun 16th Jan at Chelsworth Park, Ivanhoe, Mel 31 G10.
Shubham Bhargave leads the entire comp in the batting, with Matt Vorbach, Joel Ludik and Zach Hanson also scoring well.
Joel Ludik, Billy McGregor, Scott Gordon and Joel Green lead an even attack.

The U12 Josh Browne Plate team is in 3rd place with 5 wins out of 6.
They have a semi-final at Myrtle Park, Balwyn Mel 46 B4 on Fri 14th Jan, starting 10 am.
Fingers crossed that the rain doesn’t ruin the game
If they win they play in the grand final on Sun 16th Jan at Chelsworth Park, Ivanhoe, Mel 31 G10.
Liam Manakis, Kiaan Storti and Adyn Coleman lead the batting, while Daniel Ewart, Jackson Noske and Sam Ryan have been very effective with the ball.:);):D

Sledinthewhatthefuic,
Good write up and you are obviously not as silly as first thought.
Hoops to finally taste glory as they also have one of the best spinners in the comp and are an extremely even team now that the junior golden one is back at his home.
John Jones was seen quivering down at Chisolm during the week, as there is also a real possibility that the Longy final could be played at lake centenary if the billionaires get in- note the best surface in the comp at the moment with the oasis should be used for the top two grades.
Lets hope that our colleagues on the committee can get it right come finals time;):D

Let's hope all clubs get behind the big bash on Sunday - massive cause! and hats off to UM in organising the event. Bring on the sun for the day :)
As for grounds Winky, having just played at Highett West this last week - it must rate up there with the others in terms of pitch and surface. Better than Hurly IMHO. Mackie is numero uno now they have taken off that crap synthetic, but the powers that be could do a lot worse than appoint a 'senior' GF at HW!
Could also be a good reward for this Sunday's effort..... speaking of which - better start my stretching!!! Sat and Sun could be a major issue :eek:

You have definetely started something Mick and with such short notice you have managed to obtain commitments from nearly 30 players. Little Birdy tells me Buddha is not playing this week. This could change a few people's tips. Spongebob, it is Monday morning you need to worry about.Make sure you bring that Fat lady that has been following you around all season.

An update on Sunday's match:

Ground is located on the cnr of Peterson St & Highett Rd, Highett (Melway Ref 77 B8).
Game will start at 1pm sharp.
Usual T20 rules apply.
The game will be played with pink balls - 1 ball will be used from each end.
Players will wear their coloured club shirts.
There will be a joker over with any wide or no ball bowled being a Free Hit. Runs scored in the over are doubled.
A free drink (local beer or soft drink) to anyone who takes a crowd catch. One player from each side will be nominated and a 6 pack goes to anyone who takes a catch from these batsmen.
During the changeover we'll have a few games with a slab of beer for the winner of each event. Events include: a bowl off (middle stump only) - players advance until there is a last man standing; longest throw; one over versus a bowling machine - highest individual total wins.
There is an iPad with the Stick Cricket game where anyone can have a go for $2. Winner will take half the prize pool with the rest donated to the cause.
Face painting for the kids.
Jumping castle.
BBQ.
Tin rattlers collecting.
Various raffles and auctions.
Items now include:
A cricket bat signed by the Victorian Bushrangers
A Bushrangers shirt signed by the squad
A Gray Nicholls bat signed by David Boon
A bat signed by the Australian and English T20 teams
A pair of Ricky Pontng's one day pads signed
The new iSlog cricket bat which will be used by one of the players during Sunday's game and signed by all participants
Numerous signed plaques/photos from sporting greats across cricket, aussie rules, motor racing & horse racing.

well done to mick and all involved in organising the 20/20 match on sunday. lets hope we can raise some funds. mick is there an updated list of the players who are down to play this sunday? with some quality players lining up it could be something of an all star match. lets hope the cmca community comes out to watch the talent on show, i know i will enjoy it with an ice cold stubby

The names of players who have put their hand up are:

Mark Bell Hampton United
Bill Biggs Bentleigh ANA
Ash Bott Moorabbin West
Dean Bott Mackie
Tim Brisbane Bentleigh Uniting
Marshall Bunting Elwood
Danny Corp ESBC
Winton Corr Highett West
Michael Cove Brighton Union
Luke Dallas ESBC
Ivan Delac Brighton Union
Mark Devereaux ESBC
Anton Duddy ESBC
Brett Ernst Bentleigh Uniting
Chris Fidler West Bentleigh
Gareth Finney Washington Park
David Gold Hampton Central
Scott Handley Carnegie South
Adam Kain Bentleigh ANA
Glenn Lalor Bentleigh Uniting
Brad Lockhart Chelsea Heights
Tim Malane Omega
Adam Matthiesson Washington Park
Nick McMillan Hampton Central
Con Pothitos Brighton Union
Matt Proctor Cluden
Callum Rayner Kingston Heath
Matt Tonkin AERSL
Julian Waras-Castersen Brighton Union
James White Bentleigh ANA
Pete Woods Omega

Names in red have committed via their team-mates or haven't got back to me since Wednesday. Unfortunately Ash Russell had to pull the pin which is understandable after becoming a first time dad recently. We'll wait to see who turns up on the day and pick sides then, but as it stands there's an abundance of talent in the ones who have committed.

An update on Sunday's match:

Ground is located on the cnr of Peterson St & Highett Rd, Highett (Melway Ref 77 B8).
Game will start at 1pm sharp.
Usual T20 rules apply.
The game will be played with pink balls - 1 ball will be used from each end.
Players will wear their coloured club shirts.
There will be a joker over with any wide or no ball bowled being a Free Hit. Runs scored in the over are doubled.
A free drink (local beer or soft drink) to anyone who takes a crowd catch. One player from each side will be nominated and a 6 pack goes to anyone who takes a catch from these batsmen.
During the changeover we'll have a few games with a slab of beer for the winner of each event. Events include: a bowl off (middle stump only) - players advance until there is a last man standing; longest throw; one over versus a bowling machine - highest individual total wins.
There is an iPad with the Stick Cricket game where anyone can have a go for $2. Winner will take half the prize pool with the rest donated to the cause.
Face painting for the kids.
Jumping castle.
BBQ.
Tin rattlers collecting.
Items now include:
A cricket bat signed by the Victorian Bushrangers
A Bushrangers shirt signed by the squad
A Gray Nicholls bat signed by David Boon
A bat signed by the Australian and English T20 teams
A pair of Ricky Pontng's one day pads signed
The new iSlog cricket bat which will be used by one of the players during Sunday's game and signed by all participants
Numerous signed plaques/photos from sporting greats across cricket, aussie rules, motor racing & horse racing.

UM,
Some of the prints on offer will be..(All are signed & come with certifcate of authenticity)

Nick Reiwoldt, Chris Judd, Alan Didak (premiership print), Dane Swan, Ricky Ponting, Ben Cousins (farewell game print), AC/ DC, Pink, Makybe Diva (3 peat print), Glen Boss, James Hird, Aus. Cricket collage & a few others..

Some have reserves (all under $200) / some are donated FREE so anything above will go the fundraising kitty!!

Top work by all, looks like its going to be a big day sunday!!

Moorabbin West Cricket Club Senior Coach

Applications are sought for the position of senior coach, playing or non playing.

Moorabbin West is seeking a coach to assist with their goal to move back into the Longmuir grade of the CMCA competition. The club has four senior teams ranging from Woolnough to D grade to F grade and our development team in I grade. We have won the runners up pennant for the previous three seasons in Woolnough and wish to get past the final hurdle to return to the top grade, Longmuir. Our third XI has also had recent success of the I grade flag in 2007/08 and the G grade flag in 2008/09.

The successful applicant should possess the following characteristics:
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of the game
- Good communication skills
- Flexible nature
- Strong will to succeed
- Team attributes
- Willingness to work with the committee in achieving goals

Applications close 29th April, 2011.
Applicants should contact

Vice President
Brent Shaw
email: bshawry1981@gmail.com

Evening All,

Congratulations Uncle Mick and all concerned in organising the big game I am sure it will be a great success and Merl will certainly be there off the field as no doubt being a good BCF friend of head selector Uncle Mick I am sure I could twist his arm for a spot in the 22, I will be more benefit off the field.Also I am sure I would have a large dart board target on the dial that a few of them would like to find the bullseye of.

Uncle Mick I know you are busy organising things and the Bobby Dazzler is the last thing on your mind but you are using a different fixture and have both teams in one match.

Nice to see the time piece clone lead his young lads into the Big Dance Sunday and it looks like Winki Pop will forgo the waves as he also follows the young charges into a hat trick of Grand Finals.

Army good to see you have your priorities right this week and along with a few others have submitted your Bobby Dazzlers.

Adam enjoyed the youtube as usual and nice to see you back to your satorial best but the Judge could be in a bit of strife with the Broadcasting control board after dropping the F bomb!!!Did the Judge remember to ring Mrs Judge back????

Winki and Sponge Bob the positive old Merl that I am attempting to be, would be just delerious if the Oasis and the new Oasis ( formerly Lake Centenary ) where to host top grade finals at a couple of boutique grounds and with a bit of luck we won't have to worry about Gold Cap Park should the thimbles remain either outside the four or as most likely they are the lower placed side and will be required under the Rainey rules to travel at least in the first two weeks!!Never write off the thimbles Congress broker to get finals action at GCP.

Will submit the all important tips on the next post as I need to get to both the woman on the train and the other one on the park bench to check a few selection queries

Merl over and out

Evening Again,

Merl's all important tips as Jimmy breathes down my neck,the Mentalist knowing all the late selections and club transfers and PDog sober enough to just be hovering in the back ground and you can never discount the fast finishing oasisless Bott!!

Longy

Thimbles
Royals
Pretenders or contenders
Billionaires
Merl's Beach Boys
Cowboys as the machine still search for the jumper leads

Bluff Rd Cup

Vinnie's mob to get up for the daily double
Wallet Park trading stronger than the Aussie dollar
Uncle Mick's mob to finally salute at oasis 3
Billionaire twos to bring Jimmy's old mob back to earth
Oasisless Bottsy mob to stall Merl's former own once again
Merl's new very own Heighters to bounce back barring any injury concerns with Ezard.

Bobby Dazzler

Uniting
Le Page
Golfers
Machine
Army's mob
Burger's mob

Good Luck to all and no doubt I will see many of you at the oasis 3 on Sunday don't forget to say gday Merl

Merl over and out

Longy

Omega
Carnegie South
Brighton Union
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood
West Bentleigh

Wooly

http://cmca.vic.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?matchID=982921&entityID=39Omega
http://cmca.vic.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?matchID=982922&entityID=39Washington Park
Bentleigh ANA
http://cmca.vic.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?matchID=982924&entityID=39Bentleigh Uniting
http://cmca.vic.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?matchID=982925&entityID=39Moorabbin West
Chelsea Heights

Fantastic effort by Uncle Mick and Highett West to oraganise such an event at such short notice. Great to see so many people put their hand up for such a great cause.
I'm sure it'll be a cracker of a day!

Evening All,

What a big round of cricket and not just yesterday more games today and congratulations to Uncle Mick and all involved at the great day down at Highett West. It was good to shake a few hands and see a few faces I hadn’t seen for a while with many not knowing they were in fact in contact with the mysterious Merlot. But it is not about me it is about what so many generous people raised to help those devastated people in Qld. Great to see Uncle Mick’s mob had a win and the left arm sliders picked up a couple of wickets. It must be Karma the big fella upstairs rewarded him for his great work on the weekend.

The time piece thimbles touched up Slim’s mob but still remain outside the four which is a great place for them to be. The Royals put Parkers mob in a spin and it is getting to the desperate stakes as an ABP has been sent in search of the main spider. Please indulge positive Old Merl, Parker you haven’t got a child like ban?
The Big Macs showed Merl was suspicious when they indeed showed the so called Contenders to be their usual pretenders and performed worse than the politician’s beloved party at the last election.
The Billionaires showed up Brudes mob with a regulation win and the panthers have not troubled the scorers since before Christmas which in the same time Brudes has also forgotten to lodge any tips
The result between Merl’s beach boys and the Golfers did not make the Sunday papers and as I was out of range at the time was not able to pick up Jimmy’s radio show.Anyone know the result?
The cowboys had all guns blazing as they made too many runs for a gallant broken down machine. Our very own B did not make it to the barrier however he would have been proud of his boys who got close but no cigar.

In the Bluff Rd Cup with the sword strangely summoned to Longy in recent time left the Bricker boys under manned against the timepiece thimble twos who won accordingly.
The Highway Pretenders v Wallet Park, and the Cluden v Moo West games seemed to be victims of the big wet and Merl thought it was only turf cricket that didn’t play when the hot sun was blazing down on us. Merl struggles to be positive in the best of times but in the words of Pauline Hanson please explain!!!!!!!!!!!
The billionaire twos short circuited Jimmy’s old mob’s time in the winner’s circle with an easy victory.
Uncle Mick’s mob got a well deserved victory over the court jesters with the hyphen’s ton being more than the jester’s entire scoreline.

In the Bobby Dazzler nice to have a few more tipster back from holidays and the upsets continued with our distraction park correspondent sure to fill us in on how Parker’s spiders left them with no points.
The panthers, cowboys, wallet parker, golfers and the big macs all had wins.
I will update the tips when a beach boy or a golfer hands in their card on the 19th hole!!!

Positive Merl over and out

The result between Merl’s beach boys and the Golfers did not make the Sunday papers and as I was out of range at the time was not able to pick up Jimmy’s radio show.Anyone know the result?

Yes Merl, Elwood bowled Kingston Heath out for 72 -- Marshall taking 4/11 and R0b De Haan 3/13. We made 2/75 in reply. Adam Howard making 34 not out, Nathan Harris 28 not out. We put the scores into the CMCA so not sure why they weren't in the paper.

And kudos to Uncle Mick for yesterday. Fantastic stuff mate.

Thanks fellas, but credit where it's due and that goes to everyone who pitched in. From all the Highett West volunteers, to the volunteers from other clubs that were able to help out, donate items or acquire donated items, to the people that turned up and support making it the success it was. But above all that, the players are the ones who put their hands up which ultimately made the day come together. It makes one a very proud person to be a part of the Highett West Cricket Club and the CMCA when you see what we were able to achieve in 4 days.
We did a bit of a count last night, but hopefully when we get together again tonight we'll know exactly how much was raised. We expect to make an announcement by late tonight or sometime tomorrow. Well done again to everyone involved and everyone who turned up.

I would hope the CMCA goes out of its way and awards the January MVP of the month to you Mick.Sometimes its not just the runs and wickets that count.To all the CMCA players and supporters who attended and donated items for ausction with such short notice. Full credit to you all of you.

Afternoon All,

Old Merl had a bit of time on his hands and has sufficiently recovered from the big day yesterday to pen a few lines.

Thanks Brian and Jimmy for the result but positive Merl still does not know why neither club was able to access a computer and put something into my cricket.

Results on Saturday's tipping and the fixture for next week are below:

Merl still leads from Jimmy in striking distance with Simone Baker breathing down Jimmy's neck.Whether Merl can emulate the great Scotch & Dry or Vo Rogue ( both front running stayers for you youngsters ) and lead all the way will be decided as we near the business end of the season!

Longy
Rd 9

Bentleigh ANA 1 v Omega 1
East Sandy v Carnegie South 1
Bentleigh Uniting 1 v Hampton Central 1
Mackie 1 v Elwood 1
Brighton Union 1 v Le Page Park 1
West Bentleigh 1 v Kingston Heath 1

Wooly
Rd 9
Omega 2 v Bentleigh ANA 2
Washington Park 1 v Bentleigh Uniting