Longy

Le Page - bit of a coin flip, 2-3 players on either side to decide result
Bent Unit - announcing their presence with authority
East Sandy - sometimes vulnerable early on, but so are ANA
Bri Union - see Bent Utg
West Bent - still well built for the short version
Mackie - Traditionally hammer Spiders batting line up

Wooly

Bent Ana - better prepped than East who could be great or terrible depending on personnel
Moo West - more even line up
Wash Park - will expect to dominate
Cluden - home ground advantage tipped this their way
Bri Union - plenty of depth
Bent Utg - ditto

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

A lot of people tipping Cluden in Rd.1. Having played with them in the Winter season my understanding is they might struggle a bit this season. Pretty sure they've lost the big left armer - Jack. Baldock will battle with the new wide rule and without Jack there to soften the batsmen up for him.

Uncle Mick;409850 said:
A lot of people tipping Cluden in Rd.1. Having played with them in the Winter season my understanding is they might struggle a bit this season. Pretty sure they've lost the big left armer - Jack. Baldock will battle with the new wide rule and without Jack there to soften the batsmen up for him.

Heard last season they had a big falling out when he opted to study and hang out with the girlfriend rather than play in the PF.Did not go down to well as you can appreciate.

King George according to the council is ready to go... however we have asked the CMCA to have a look as the ground as it isn't too convincing under foot.

The overseas Chelsea Heights recruit might be familiar to most club as Merlot's online sparring partner was shopping him around to most of the CMCA. Heights pipped Union to the post for him. Apparently a talented all rounder, but young and might find the the CMCA banter quite confronting.

LONGMUIR

Le Page to beat Hamp Central - Le Page finished last season well and should grow in confidence
Bent Utg to beat Kings Heath - the superteam should win handsomely
Bent ANA to beat East Sandy - I'm backing our kids
Bri Union to beat Elwood - Union have more depth
Omega to beat West Bent - discipline versus Spring Racing
Mackie to beat Carnegie Sth - the Machine are on a mission after letting last year slip

WOOLNOUGH

Bent ANA to beat East Sandy - again, I'm tipping our kids
Moo West to beat Highett West - Moorabbin have more depth
Wash Park to beak Hamp Utd - WashUps are as focussed to get back up as any relegated side
Omega to beat Cluden - I think I'll regret this tip
Bri Union to beat Asp Edi RSL - Union have the players
Bent Utg to beat Chels Heights - Uniting's First eleven of last season should beat the improving Heights

Uncle Mick;409850 said:

Might have the most updated club rooms in C Grade next year,

Anyway

Hampton Cent v Le Page
Bent Unit v Kingston Heath
Bent ANA v East Sandy
Elwood v Bri Union
Omega v West Bent Has the lurker done big business for WB?
Mackie v Carnegie Sth

Wooly

East Sandy v Bent Ana A's have had their best preseason to date.
Highett West v Moor West HW spinners will like the bigger ground
Hamp Utd v Wash Park Will win early games until they lose key figures to inj.
Cluden v Omega Ommies were hot and cold but should take the cake early
Bri Union v Asp Ev RSL surely with the recruits, quality will be pushed down.
Chelsea Hts v Bent Utg same deal as Union.

Thank you Sugar, so it is the young English lad Pup was throwing around what is the word on him is he going to have a impact on the Heighter's and there quest for Longmuir & did he cost them a pretty penny?

Just wondering if i have to change my Woolnut tip for the Utg v Heights game.:D

Sugar;409867 said:
King George according to the council is ready to go... however we have asked the CMCA to have a look as the ground as it isn't too convincing under foot.

Sugar,
That's a joke - I walked on it on Sunday, and nearly twisted the old ankle a few times! Needs a good top dress and a month to settle. Will come up great like Mackie, ... but really not ready for play now :confused:
Strange times, as we're nearly always complaining of councils top-dressing each year a week or two before the start of the season!

Evening

We have hit the magical Bo Derek no of tipsters but Archie,Custard Pot,Vinnie,Saul,Bottsy,Blairy,and a few others I can't think of have failed to notify of their intentions as we move close to start of an interesting season.

Good to see MC hammer has dropped Merl's closing call sign to endsure huis spot in the field as he wouldn't want to upset the old boy!!

Where is the child? Has he been too busy negiotiating English import contracts, or trying to get a game in the super side or is just drowning his sorrows after the sagpies gave his Saints a hiding?Will he and his English Import partake in the tipping comp.Vinnie I hope you have looked after the trophy in the off season.

Adam I would have thought Barrack would have a direct link to city hall to sort out the patch work quilt disguised as the Royal ground.Surely thay wouldn't contemplate ruin their thousands of dollars of investment with the lack of a premature explanation!!

Where are we at with Barrack and his hench men and the ever changing wide rule/Are we using imperial or metric measurements?

Jimmy

Any new blood on the top rating radio show?Or are you staying with the tried and true line up?

until next time....keep searching...... vino sipping poster....... Prof Merlot

Merl, the trophy has been well looked after and sitting nicely on the mantelpiece,right next to the flagpies premiership cup!

Tips for Round 1 are:
Longy

Le Page
Bentleigh Uniting
East Sandringham
Brighton Union
Omega
Mackie

Wooly

Bentleigh Ana
Moorabbin West
Washinton Park
Omega
Brighton Union
Bentleigh Uniting

Good luck too all teams.

Merl you have all ready shown your inability to run a well kept tipping competition and the fact that you would put your own personal grievances into making a bigger and better competition shows your 'true colours' as Casey would sing.

Anyway as a knew comer on here and along time reader i look forward to the season a head and wish everyone all the best.

Vino sipping poster :D

Longy

Hampton Cent
Bent Unit
East Sandy
Bri Union
West Bent
Mackie

Wooly

Bent ANA
Moor West
Wash Park
Cluden
Asp Edi
Bent Utg

Uncle Mick

Being a far better statesman than the old boy maybe you can get through MC Hammer ( aka sledge whatever ) that Merl runs the tipping and does a far better job in summer than winter and if he continues to sign off with my call sign then he will be signed off.we had a very successful first season with weekly results posted promptly and Vinnie won in a photo finish.

Being a wet behind the ears gen Y I suspect he just doesn't realise the full extent of Merl's powers!, one being that I will make the rules up as I go!

Vinnie diddn't realise you were a follower of the flagpies many who have come out of the wood work in the last week.A younger Merl can still remember sitting in the Long room on the end of a frothy as froggy Crompton swooped on the ball and put a nail in the magpie coffin back in the days when the Go Dees could actually play!!!

I look forward to more entries in the tipping before Peter Peter!

until next time...keep searching...vino sipping poster...Prof Merlot

Merl - I believe I may have solved my picture upload conundrum. Here's hoping the following works. And I was wrong with 121. It was actually 120.

footytips12.png

Looks like CMCA have given the green light for King George... let the games begin!

Longy

Le Page (who are hampton central?)
Bent Unit (in the biggest walk over in the history of cricket!!!! russell 100no)
Bentleigh ANA (My hot tip is biggs hitting a lot of runs!)
Bri Union (Bunting will bowl too many wides!)
Omega (west bentleigh are still in footy mode!!)
Mackie (on a mission)

Wooly

Bent ANA
Moo West
Wash Park
Cluden
Asp Edi
Bent Utg

CLOCKER;410112 said:
Remember Leroy, if it bleeds you can kill it.

Thanks Clock. We'll use that on Saturday. Unfortunately I'm out this week due to a non sporting inflicted injury.

My tips are:
Le Page ( Brudes to get 5 for)
Us. Can't really tip against your own team can you?
Juggernaut.
Union.
West Bentleigh in a close game.
Mackie.

Wooly.
East Sandy.
Moorabbin West.
Wash ups.
Omega
Union.
Uniting.

Merl why are you so concerned with what i am saying, i am just another poster like many others on here. You need to focus at the task at hand pal and tidy up your own backyard.

Until then.........Dino....Dripping.....Toaster :p

Back