City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Apologies for it not being about Longmuir, but I've been singing the praise of a kid who opens the bowling at Highett West in Woolnough Shield for a few years now. He turned 20 during the week and has had a big winter turning an adolescent body into a young man's. Add to that the enthusiasm he's shown in the preseason and I expect a big year from him. It's refreshing to see a kid with his talent so keen to get better.

Cricketball i don't know if you have been down there yet but from the outside Elwood its looking mighty fine to say the least, i havn't been inside as yet but am hoping to in the near future.

Uncle Mick don't apoligise mate we love to hear about all young cricketers coming through the ranks, hopefully with the help of this young fast bowler Highett can make there way up to Longy once again, it has been a while but I have been told from quite strong sources they are on the rise, really exciting times for the boys down at Highett land

Never been in Longy, 3peat, but I'd love for that to change. We do have a couple of recruits we're very confident will add to the youth we've got. Looking forward to the 2 day game and getting a couple back who were on footy trips and family vacations last week.

yeh dw about it 3peat? that stuff happens mate

but tonights the night most players have been looking forward to all week.... selection
will be interesting to see the ins and outs, with a few suprise losses last week there may be some tough decisions on the table at some clubs tonight.

Fair shout cricketball, as a long time cricket lover and ex-player thursday night selection is what i lived for, a few quiet beers with your best mate and sometimes the good news that you are going to be playing in the grade you most deserve, obviously it doesn't play out like this all the time. For the kids sake i just hope little fisher gets another gig and continues his growth as a cricketer.
goodluck for all at selection tonight

yeh dw about it 3peat? that stuff happens mate

but tonights the night most players have been looking forward to all week.... selection
will be interesting to see the ins and outs, with a few suprise losses last week there may be some tough decisions on the table at some clubs tonight.

Dont think much will change this week cricketball, although i made a few drastic calls earlier in the week ive come to my senses and realised that you cannot change a team around (that much) based on results from a one day match at the start of the season. Im sure after this week we will begin to see some changes and i look forward to seeing them.

Match of the week: Beach Boys vs The woods

Should be a ripper match with a ripper crowd.

I'm going to have to go against you there Shane, I beleive once the season starts you can't make exceptions for anyone. If a fringe player comes out and doesn't do his job and someone excels in the grade below changes should be made, "first game of the year" is a poor excuse and should never be used unless your play junior cricket.

Well said, 3peat. Can't accept mediocrity. And as for my previous post, I wasn't having a shot at you champ. Just pointing out we've never been in Longy.
Mr.Lee - little tip. The Beach Boys are The Woods. Gold Caps & Juggernaut are among a few of the names that have been tossed up for the boys from Chisholm. And I agree it should be a cracker. As Jimmy O alluded to, they may be down key personnel, but I reckon that will only bridge the gap and make it a good contest rather than an ESBC whitewash. The Woods look at ESBC with stars in their eyes and until that changes they'll never be a serious threat to them. Manders finding touch early is an ominous sign.....

Well said, 3peat. Can't accept mediocrity. And as for my previous post, I wasn't having a shot at you champ. Just pointing out we've never been in Longy.
Mr.Lee - little tip. The Beach Boys are The Woods. Gold Caps & Juggernaut are among a few of the names that have been tossed up for the boys from Chisholm. And I agree it should be a cracker. As Jimmy O alluded to, they may be down key personnel, but I reckon that will only bridge the gap and make it a good contest rather than an ESBC whitewash. The Woods look at ESBC with stars in their eyes and until that changes they'll never be a serious threat to them. Manders finding touch early is an ominous sign.....

From my point of view both around the comp and personally, most people look up to ESBC, they have won something like 9 out of the last 10 flag, if you don't look up and envy a team like that then surely something is wrong?? Having said that we have a new coach, new players. We have 3 new guys at the club that have brought more professionalism which lifts everyone. We also believe on our day we can challange anyone and beat them. Very excited to see Lukey back in the CMCA and hopefully he will get off his arse and get down to the U21's!!! Im on your back mate

The Beach Boys and the Juggernaut will certainly be a great match to watch, no doubt, but down at the wind swept Nepean Highway,the Hoops and a wobbly Uniting is probably the match of the Round.'Ano' is a quality bat and is my smokey to challenge Ash Russell this season.The Hoops will not want to be 2 and zip as they themselves in the pack as the usual end of season race begins to make the finals.

The Beach Boys and the Juggernaut will certainly be a great match to watch, no doubt, but down at the wind swept Nepean Highway,the Hoops and a wobbly Uniting is probably the match of the Round.'Ano' is a quality bat and is my smokey to challenge Ash Russell this season.The Hoops will not want to be 2 and zip as they themselves in the pack as the usual end of season race begins to make the finals.

I'm with Clocker, this is the game of the round, although it looks like it might be a one dayer now. Surridge a likely out makes this a top contest where theoretically the batsmen go very nicely indeed. A good start to the season looks like it is more critical then ever if this round becomes a single day affair.

It has the makings for game of the round, but with Surridge out for Uniting I just feel the other game will be a better contest. Will be very surprised if we get a look in tomorrow given the weather already today and tomorrow's forecast of a hail storm.

Weather like this doesn't come around very often, just waiting for the announcment that day one will be called off tomorrow. hopefully they can get some time in next week with the start of the season being very important for all teams to get a handle on their respective divisions

Yep -- hate weather like this. I can't remember the last time the CMCA called off day one ... but it looks like tomorrow will be useless. Here's hoping...

It has the makings for game of the round, but with Surridge out for Uniting I just feel the other game will be a better contest. Will be very surprised if we get a look in tomorrow given the weather already today and tomorrow's forecast of a hail storm.

Yeah should be a cracker, i see on the Uniting web site Surridge is out and the in's are Jarryd Allan for his 1st game, Andrew Middlemiss & James Coles. Some decent in's for the Uniting this may be a factor for them all year, the strength of there inclusions this year may go a long way to them been top dog as most teams when they lose a few players for various reason struggle to cover the changes i can't see Uniting having that this year!

Also Allamby & T.Brisbane to the 2nds it appears!

Anyone got an idea on what the hold up is on the umpire appointments beyond Longmuir...? I suppose it's not really important given there will be no game tomorrow, but it'd be nice to know if we've got one given that there were only 3 in Woolnough Shield last week. And what's with Goodman umpiring in another comp when the subbies had been called off? Surely if he's available to the CMCA he umpires here instead of heading to umpire in the Mornington Peninsula competition....?

There is a bit of a reality check for a few of the younger ones at Uniting. A few of them have been coasting playing in strong junior teams and winning premierships where the standard was probably not as difficult as it should be.Uniting have been very good at manipulating the junior draws to ensure that they put teams in grades where they know they will play in a grand Final. Lalor will see through this pretty quickly as he has been there and done it all so he will raise the bar to a very high level. The issue at hand is whether these players have the intestinal fortitude to meet the challenge or will they go off and sulk.I would hope the former rather than the latter. With the addition of the new players their lower grades should really dominate, but their Woolnough team has already tasted defeat at the hands of the new kids on the block.

What do you mean by that? From my recollection the recent BUCC U16 flags have been won in the Friday night A grade comp. Can’t do much more than that and until they invent an A + plus grade then that’s the highest standard available. Sour grapes perhaps?

Back