City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

I think one of the biggest factors of ground has been totally overlooked.
How does it deal with wet weather??? Hurly I believe has had problems with getting it up to play and a few other ground in Longy have also had issues, re le page and carnegie. When we have had 5-6 wet weeks surely the CMCA need to look at this, I much rather play a full game of cricket at Little Hurly as opposed to a rain interupted game on the large ground! I can't imagine anything worse than having a wet ground for the Longy grand final when we could play on a well drained ground, and yes it may not rain over the Grand Final weekend but looks at the stats, it probably will rain on the Saturday haha.

Re Wattie Watson, we have a carpark that holds 30 cars, and then a road on the other side of the ground that holds 30 more cars and also Beach road that holds 50, we have heaps of parking you just need to know where to park, and all that parking is free

Jimmy - what were you doing at Wattie on Sunday given it was hosting the BRW corporate triathlon? I strolled over to have a look at the new rooms after I was done. I must say they are mighty impressive. I can only assume factors working against the ground hosting a major final are the windy conditions they are susceptible to and the fact they're a little out of the "CMCA heartland".
Of course a little bias, but I think Burger has come up with a great suggestion. The grounds are walking distance from each other and provide a great atmoshpere for watching cricket - however a slight concern over Chisholm being able to hold up if we get more rain after the match was abandoned on the weekend. I also think Le Page has to be considered where a club has 2 sides playing. It's the only venue with 2 grounds that have fenced off boundaries and I'm all for the idea of any club that has 2 sides playing a Grand Final being able to play side by side - particularly with Uniting being a good chance of having multiple sides in the GF.

As you would be well aware Uncle, was not a participant in triathlon as just cannot get away with the lycra look. No, was just making my way past enroute to The Great Provider for some marinated lamb, a few bevvies and a spot of live music.

Army/Clock, have been working on podcasts and hope to have up and running in the next week. Might well start with last Sundays show.

Except for fencing -- and I may be bias -- but Wattie Watson has all the other key indicators easily covered. Elwood is in beautiful condition and handles water better than most. Plus our club rooms are kick ass and the ambiance is exceptional.

Is it because we are out of CMCA heartland that we are often overlooked in these discussions?

I must admit Brian whenever I am at Wattie Watson and those magnificent rooms,I cannot resist the urge to have a cafe latte and a croissant, talk about global warming and generally feel smug. I can see the attraction.

We've had to ween the players off lattes and croissants -- the skin folds were off the scale. Harder to suppress the global warming talk however -- we're cricketers -- we all talk about the weather continuously. Smug? I'll give you that.

We've had to ween the players off lattes and croissants -- the skin folds were off the scale. Harder to suppress the global warming talk however -- we're cricketers -- we all talk about the weather continuously. Smug? I'll give you that.

You would be right at home with Army and his St.Kilda Road Boulevard set.Since they got their new rooms they have the touch of the cappuccino set and Melbourne scarf about them.

We played at Hurly a couple of weeks ago and no offence but it was the worst ground ever. Council had just scarified it and it was just plain terrrible, it would have to of improved markedly to get any final.
East Sandy is a great ground to watch cricket at but neighbours and licencing problems may cost them.
Couldn't comment on Mackie cause we never play there.
Both Le Page grounds are in great nick and should get something.
Bentleigh Uniting not as good as everyone says but great ground to watch at.
Elwood, pure fact is that they are just too far away.
ANA no
West Bentleigh No
Haven't seen omega for a while but it is generally in good nick and good to watch cricket at
Hampton Central no fence
Carnegie no fence
Highett West apparently great nick, good to watch at, been a while since i have been there what about shade factor if it is hot.
What about shark park, have they got rid of that shocking pitch yet

Burgermeister,

You have been eating too much of your own product judging both by the comments you make and the size of you.

Just as you try to ram down out throat that there is only one Buddy Big Head I can assure you there is only one Merl and you will never know who he is.Just for the record do you know who the timepiece is and why is he any different to the front running stayer Vo Rogue aka Merl??

I would also garantee that President Barrack would never come on the BCF given his dislike of the old guestbook and censorship of the wonderful but forgotten ANA guest book.

Jimmy not that disappointed in missing the Sunday debate as the old saying is you make your bed and then lie in it sums the unprogressive Congress we have to endure,but oops there I go again being negative.

Merl over and out

Big Al. I believe Shark Park is out of action this season. And I'm sure most outside of the Hoops share your sentiment about Hurly. For atmoshpere it's not much of a ground and it's proven on a few occasions this year that it can't handle the inclement weather. That said, as a bowler it's far & away the best ground to bowl on when it's in good nick.
With respect to HW having shade, I'd say we have no less shade than most grounds. Should we be given finals there will be pergola-type tents which we used for the flood fundraiser set up for added shade (more so for the benefit of the teams competing), but with the social rooms and the Highett West Hall there is already plenty of shade - there are also trees that create shelter along the boundary past where our nets (which a few clubs set up camp under during the fundraiser match).
To add to Marshall's comments about holding up in the wet, you only have to look at this round to get an idea of which grounds will be better suited if we do get a bit of rain next month.

Burgermeister,

Jimmy not that disappointed in missing the Sunday debate as the old saying is you make your bed and then lie in it sums the unprogressive Congress we have to endure,but oops there I go again being negative.

Merl over and out

Merlot,
There is another old saying " You get the government you deserve!" Can't remember having had a vote for Congress for decades!

You would be right at home with Army and his St.Kilda Road Boulevard set.Since they got their new rooms they have the touch of the cappuccino set and Melbourne scarf about them.

Clock,
You got me laughing there, I never thought our boys (myself included) would be branded "the cappuccino & Melbourne scarf set". Anyway Clock when have we seen you down at distraction park to make this observation?

Speaking of "distraction park" I arrived at training last Thursday to she a young (mid 20's) blonde lady sunbaking on a towel in a bikini about 2 metres from our nets? Fair to say that was "distraction" at the least!!!

Clock,
You got me laughing there, I never thought our boys (myself included) would be branded "the cappuccino & Melbourne scarf set". Anyway Clock when have we seen you down at distraction park to make this observation?

Speaking of "distraction park" I arrived at training last Thursday to she a young (mid 20's) blonde lady sunbaking on a towel in a bikini about 2 metres from our nets? Fair to say that was "distraction" at the least!!!

"Distraction Park", loving your work there Army. You sure she wasn't about 17, armed with a small video camera, an iphone and a photo album?

"Distraction Park", loving your work there Army. You sure she wasn't about 17, armed with a small video camera, an iphone and a photo album?

I couldn't be sure Jimmy, i tried to ring chicken to ask but he was unavaialble... Apparantly he had some lines to attend to??
smile.png

Clock,

Yes I have wondered down to Distraction Park a few times this year.I suspect the quicks bent their backs a little in a vain attempt to try and display their wares to the young exhibitionist. The rooms make the club and this is where the Wanderers will change.Cappuccino machine, Che Guevara poster, greeny stickers, a vegeterian menu and you are there.Need to get players with names likes Todd, Torquil, Crawford, Rupert. An annual challenge match against Elwood would be the social highlight of the year.Jimmy could even do an OB playing some trendy jazz tracks to make the day complete.

An annual challenge match against Elwood would be the social highlight of the year.Jimmy could even do an OB playing some trendy jazz tracks to make the day complete.

Big fans of Miles Davis down at Wattie Watson. It could work.Berets instead of helmets? Pull some strings Clock.

Tune into "Jazz Corner of the World" on 88.3 every Sunday arvo at 2pm with DJ Soul-O and Stormin' Norman. They even wear berets and drink lemongrass & ginger tea and stuff. Plenty 'o' Miles Davis, John Coltrane & the like!

It seems Hampton United & ANA's Woolnough destiny may be in their own hands, or at the very least the hands of Bentleigh Unting, after our game looks like it will be cancelled. We'll know more in a couple of hours as to whether an alternative venue is available, but should there not be an alternative the game is off - even after we agreed last week to play this Sunday if need be. The Party Boys have now knocked that on the head and according to a few of their own, this decision is driven by the President. I'm not sure how many of them want to front up on Sunday, but the reasoning I'm getting is because they've got a big shindig on Saturday night. Pretty piss poor if that is the case. And one wonders if it has anything to do with the fact Shelton & Tonkin played in G Grade last week.....?

Old Bill,

The CMCA deserves a lot better than what is served up!!!

Merl

Why do you care, you dont play & are not involved (so you tell us, but i have my doubts??).. Just looking for something to whinge about??

stick to telling us how go you were, dominating in G grade for all thos years!

Its a same our paths havent crossed then, no coffee machine as yet but i would happily shout you a cold pure blonde or 2??

Get with the spirit Army. Glass of wine if you don't mind.There will be a lot of happy Greenies down at Distraction Park this week celebrating the new Carbon tax. Rah Rah.

Back