City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Maybe the tribunal and the clubs need to get together and organise a set punishment system like the AFL, this would surely make sure that the worse offences get a worse punishment. It would also help eliminate an unfair event off not following precedent.
I cant comment on what happened at the D grade grand final as like most others on here I wasn’t there but it is time to move on and start thinking of what we can do to make sure we get a more even result at the tribunal.

This isn't about what happened at the D Grade GF. This is about the only consistency in our tribunal system is that it is grossly inconsistent. It seems that too often there is a controversial decision made and nothing seems to have been done about it. I'm all for finding a solution rather than pointing out the problem. The CMCA are the ones who set the agenda and I think your suggestion is one worth considering. There either needs to be set penalties for incidents (which from memory there may have been once upon a time??) or there needs to be an open forum with the clubs to discuss the possible format of the tribunal and the way in which it hands out its penalties. Either way, the events from the D Grade GF have clearly indicated there needs to be a complete overhaul of the system.

This isn't about what happened at the D Grade GF. This is about the only consistency in our tribunal system is that it is grossly inconsistent. It seems that too often there is a controversial decision made and nothing seems to have been done about it. I'm all for finding a solution rather than pointing out the problem. The CMCA are the ones who set the agenda and I think your suggestion is one worth considering. There either needs to be set penalties for incidents (which from memory there may have been once upon a time??) or there needs to be an open forum with the clubs to discuss the possible format of the tribunal and the way in which it hands out it's penalties. Either way, the events from the D Grade GF have clearly indicated there needs to be a complete overhaul of the system.

There are set penalties for set offences

etc. a lower grade player accepted a 1 match penalty for smashing over stumps (don't quote me on offense)

on the charge sheet there is a list but the players were all charged outside the list except 1.

I don't know if the tribunal has an edict to just go on the cases before them or weather they are to have a cautionary effect

on the playing personnel.

TBF the discussion was about the tribunal. TBF, if you are alluding to the result of the PF, If ANA had finished the job when they had union 6/67 then we wouldn't be here talking about all this.

I have been reading some of the rubbish that has been posted over the last couple of weeks and feel it is time I spoke up for the silent majority at our proud club who are sick of the antics of some of the players in our third eleven. The disappointment comes from the fact that you do not even realise the mistakes you have made and the embarrasment the rest of us feel about you and your actions not just these last few weeks but for seasons now. We are fed up with the behaviour on the ground and now even in the forums for all to see. We are a family club, not just YOUR family club. We play under the Union banner not your familys flag. Even when you accepted your medal instead of being gracious you chant like a soccer hooligan. This is not how we want to be seen at Union. Its called the 'Spirit of Cricket' and I am sure it is on the CMCAs website somewhere. You and your cohorts should take the time to read it sometime before you next take the field wearing the green and gold hoops. I was appalled by some of our behaviour during the D Grade Grand Final. Some of us are staggerred a few more dispicable acts werent also reported to the tribunal. Serial offenders taking cheaps shots and getting away with it. Also lucky to get away with it in the prelimin final the week before from what I saw, and others from the semi final from what I heard, but had already left in shame. Maybe as a club we should be addressing this internally? I'm sure we will. Being a bufoon may win you a D Grade Final, but it does nothing to help us with our ultimate goal of winning a Longmuir flag. It is certainly not the behavior we want around the upcoming juniors in that side that will soon enough be playing in our first eleven. Now do us all a favour and think twice before opening your mouth and shaming us even more.

WOW!!!!!! i doubt a fellow member of brighton union would do what you have just done. You are either a very stupid and selfish man who thought it would be a good idea to air your dirty laundry or a sneaky man trying to sabotage us.

If you are in fact a unionite, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A PHONE??? no need to worry about me shaming the club, its impossible to shame it any further than what you just have and you're so dumb you don't even know it.

but no one is that dumb so my mail is on a saboteur and i think i know who you are

Take it elsewhere fellas.

Merl - any update on where the tips are at? I understand you may be disillusioned with the game after Melbourne's pathetic 2nd half on Sunday, but the show must go on.
Tips for this week are:
Pies
Dogs
Crows
Hawks
Swans
Go Dees
Cats
Dons

Take it elsewhere fellas.

Merl - any update on where the tips are at? I understand you may be disillusioned with the game after Melbourne's pathetic 2nd half on Sunday, but the show must go on.
Tips for this week are:
Pies
Dogs
Crows
Hawks
Swans
Go Dees
Cats
Dons

Uncle keep on the old boys back

Ladder Merl 10
Uncle Mick 9
Ordinary Bloke 9
Peter Parker 7

Merls tips

Vinnies pies
Bullies
Crows
Big Heads hawks
Coasters
Go Dees
Cats
Schoolgirl saints
roos to win the bye

Merl over and out

I'm either shaking my head in amazement or having a chuckle at some of the self obsessed drival that has clogged this forum recently. I'm sure no-one will come out as winners.

Speaking of which, in the optimistic hope of dragging myself of the bottom of at least one tipping comp, Merl, here are my tips!

Blues
Dogs
Crows
Hawks
West Coast
Brisbane
Geel
Saints

I have been reading some of the rubbish that has been posted over the last couple of weeks and feel it is time I spoke up for the silent majority at our proud club who are sick of the antics of some of the players in our third eleven. The disappointment comes from the fact that you do not even realise the mistakes you have made and the embarrasment the rest of us feel about you and your actions not just these last few weeks but for seasons now. We are fed up with the behaviour on the ground and now even in the forums for all to see. We are a family club, not just YOUR family club. We play under the Union banner not your familys flag. Even when you accepted your medal instead of being gracious you chant like a soccer hooligan. This is not how we want to be seen at Union. Its called the 'Spirit of Cricket' and I am sure it is on the CMCAs website somewhere. You and your cohorts should take the time to read it sometime before you next take the field wearing the green and gold hoops. I was appalled by some of our behaviour during the D Grade Grand Final. Some of us are staggerred a few more dispicable acts werent also reported to the tribunal. Serial offenders taking cheaps shots and getting away with it. Also lucky to get away with it in the prelimin final the week before from what I saw, and others from the semi final from what I heard, but had already left in shame. Maybe as a club we should be addressing this internally? I'm sure we will. Being a bufoon may win you a D Grade Final, but it does nothing to help us with our ultimate goal of winning a Longmuir flag. It is certainly not the behavior we want around the upcoming juniors in that side that will soon enough be playing in our first eleven. Now do us all a favour and think twice before opening your mouth and shaming us even more.

Save your breath FedUp123
These guys cannot be told. Numerous posters from various clubs, including their own, have tried to explain to them, their fellow CMCA members from all clubs are disappointed with the actions and behaviour of this team. They simply attack the poster. Go back and read the posts condemning them, they are many
They will not change as they still don't beleive thay have done anything wrong. It is all a conspiracy??

Internal action by Brighton Union is our only hope.

Maybe they will take notice from someone from the BUCC that they represent. The whole comp knows that the BUCC is a great club and the actions and words the club known as Union 3rd X1 are not those of the BUCC. The CMCA has demonstrated it has no backbone, maybe its time for the Polly to show some balls and take action

Interesting to see what will come of this!

will Bucc make a stand or will they let it continue, what can they do really?

do they want to?

And what has happened to Anno that he walks out before a GF?????

Interesting to see what will come of this!

will Bucc make a stand or will they let it continue, what can they do really?

do they want to?

And what has happened to Anno that he walks out before a GF?????

One good thing. At least it looks like FedUp123 has taken Unionite off the BCF

One good thing. At least it looks like FedUp123 has taken Unionite off the BCF

no chance! you blokes talking smack must be accountable to someone.

Maybe the tribunal and the clubs need to get together and organise a set punishment system like the AFL, this would surely make sure that the worse offences get a worse punishment. It would also help eliminate an unfair event off not following precedent.
I cant comment on what happened at the D grade grand final as like most others on here I wasn’t there but it is time to move on and start thinking of what we can do to make sure we get a more even result at the tribunal.

very intelligent post. while the clubs are potting each other there will continue to be inconsistent decisions. if the clubs were smart and developed a code and respect and front the cmca as a united and strong group they will be heard equally.

no chance! you blokes talking smack must be accountable to someone.

very intelligent post. while the clubs are potting each other there will continue to be inconsistent decisions. if the clubs were smart and developed a code and respect and front the cmca as a united and strong group they will be heard equally.

Good call Unionite (As much as I hate to say it). Premier Cricket already has a good system in place. Why do we have to re- invent the wheel? Just copy their process. Easy!!! How long are we going to keep on tolerating dumb decisions?

Good call Unionite (As much as I hate to say it). Premier Cricket already has a good system in place. Why do we have to re- invent the wheel? Just copy their process. Easy!!! How long are we going to keep on tolerating dumb decisions?

do the clubs/players have an association or body? that would be a good start

Do we not follow the system set out in Premier cricket and have independent tribunal members??????

Back