City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Brighton Union v Carnegie South -can't see the Spiders troubling the Hoops.
Elwood v Bentleigh ANA - Beach too good.
Bentleigh Uniting v Chelsea Heights - Chelsea will struggle to get a win before Xmas.
Hampton Central v Kingston Heath - Centrals won't win many with the side they put up last week.
Mackie v Le Page Park - Toss of the coin favoured the Sri Lankan import.
East Sandringham Boys Club v West Bentleigh - Boys Club in a canter.

Omegav Cluden - Almiento's Sydney wedding crippling the club.
Bentleigh ANA v Brighton Union - Hoops comfortably.
Aspendale Gardens v Bentleigh Uniting - Could go either way. It's Manders or bust for the Gardeners.
Hampton United v Highett West - full strength Kookas to salute on the "new" Sillitoe.
West Bentleigh v East Sandrigham Boys Club - Should be close. East get a couple back for this one.
Moorabbin West v Washington Park - Moorabbin West won't win many more this year.
Thought it was a pretty good TEAM effort by the boys on saturday mick.

Suck it up, Bottsy. I've got my opinion, you've got yours. More than happy to be proven wrong. As for a relegation battle, we'll just have to wait and see how the season progresses.

Lazza - you'd be silly not to be happy with bowling sides out for 120!

Bit Rich - The game can be a bit easier riding on the coat tails of an absolute jet like bat ears. A bit of self belief knowing you've got a player who can do what he's capable of does wonders for a side that was nothing short of horrible with the bat last year. Let it not be forgotten that this is the same side that was bowled out for less than 100 six times, once under 110 and didn't play their last round. Some handy cricketers in the side that obviously struggled under a bit of pressure last season.

The Hoops would have to be concerned that in their first two matches they conceded nearly 500 runs and struggled to take only 5 wickets on the weekend. It appears that Veitch may have broken down again after a long stint. They would not want to make to many mistakes chasing down the Spiders impressive 5/275. Just not sure the Spiders attach can defend it. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Buddha and the ‘Iceman Cometh’ had a day out at Mackie allowing Mackie to post 300+ runs. The Panthers arguably have the quickest opening attack, but they have to bowl in the right spots. This one could go down to the wire as the Machines attack could be struggling by the end of the day if they do not get some early wickets.

Bentleigh Uniting were in real trouble at 5/26, but got themselves back into the game when the lower order dug in and helped them reach a very competitive 9/250. The Heighters will ponder what could have been, but once again Uniting showed the quality of a great team.

The Cowboys hit the Juggernaut hard and rolled them for 145. The Cowboys should be able to chase down the runs without too much trouble.

The Centrals are in real trouble and will require some impressive bowling to dig themselves out of the hole they have constructed for themselves.

The Beachboys had a day to forget but managed to limp to 165 on what would have been an interesting day down at the windswept fortress. The chase will not be as straightforward as it looks as the fortress is notoriously difficult to score upon.

Spongebob’s Washup’s imploded despite their impressive batting line up. The epitaphs for the Weststars has been put on hold as they swept aside the flamboyant Sharks for a very disappointing 123. With 72 runs to chase and 9 wickets in hand they should succeed. The Sharks will be officially in panic mode on Saturday night.

The Party boys with their mammoth 8/321cc and the former Juggernaut dominating against what was a reasonable Uniting attack will be confident of making it 2 from 2. Uniting however has a very strong batting with the return of Tom Backman and the elevation of his younger brother Mitch to the ranks, along with the usual Zaia’s and Manakis’s, plus veteran in Harris. This one could go to the wire if they can get to tea with a minimal loss of wickets.

Sugar after losing the unloseable the week before, read the riot act to his players, made some changes and promptly sat back and watched the Royals make 321. Still they failed to bat out their overs!. They will enjoy the weekend as they greet the judge to post the clubs first win for the season.

The Ommies did well to dismiss Cluden for 149 with young D’amico stepping into the fold to take an impressive 5/22. They should chase down the runs fairly comfortably.

Mick’s mob did well to post 156 despite the heroics from Mr Bell. This one will go to the wire in what is shaping up as a 12 point match with relegation in the back of both teams mind.

The Juggernaut posted a well compiled 231 to set the Cowboys a decent chase. Could be a couple of junior Juggernauts promoted next match.

Army’s Wanderers packed their lunch and only have to go through the motions next week to take home the chocolates after an impressive performance against the Heighters.

Suck it up, Bottsy. I've got my opinion, you've got yours. More than happy to be proven wrong. As for a relegation battle, we'll just have to wait and see how the season progresses.

Lazza - you'd be silly not to be happy with bowling sides out for 120!

Bit Rich - The game can be a bit easier riding on the coat tails of an absolute jet like bat ears. A bit of self belief knowing you've got a player who can do what he's capable of does wonders for a side that was nothing short of horrible with the bat last year. Let it not be forgotten that this is the same side that was bowled out for less than 100 six times, once under 110 and didn't play their last round. Some handy cricketers in the side that obviously struggled under a bit of pressure last season.
I can understand that but its not all him what about the likes of tonkin,harvey and new addition mills? not a bad middle order?

Mills didn't exactly set the world on fire in his first season, but Tonkin & Harvey have proven how devastating they can be at times in recent years. My point was that last year when there was a bit of pressure on those names they crumbled and now with the pressure off them they're finding the going a bit easier.

Mills didn't exactly set the world on fire in his first season, but Tonkin & Harvey have proven how devastating they can be at times in recent years. My point was that last year when there was a bit of pressure on those names they crumbled and now with the pressure off them they're finding the going a bit easier.

It's a fair point Mick makes. Many players cannot be "the main man" but thrive when there is somebody else there who they figure will get it done if they don't.
Clock, gotta agree that Woods/ANA should be very interesting, might even make the trek seeing as it might be sunny as well but have to disagree on a couple of others. Le Page would have to bat their rings off against Machine to get near 304 and you may be a bit harsh on Redbacks bowlers who have generally done the job over the last 3 years only to be hurt by their dodgy batting. It is not spectacular but Adams has a bit of pace, Schleiger gets a bit of wobble, Gags and Handles are both experienced and accurate which is their attacks strength (they are all fairly accurate) and the leggy Nick Hulston is handy although not playing this round. Also believe that G.Pereira (the new gun bat) also bowls those dirty flat dart offies his countrymen love.

Hi fellow BCFers,
I'm after some opinion on a discussion which involved the use of spikes in the CMCA.
We all know about last years fickle weather and it may be with us over this weekend, if so, are you permitted to wear spikes while fielding?
I personally don't see it as an issue, but is there a rule or such in place?

Are they safe to wear if you're coming in contact with the wicket? I'm no tradesman, but I would've thought there is a possbility of tearing up the artificial stuff...? Otherwise I can't see it being an issue.

Hi fellow BCFers,
I'm after some opinion on a discussion which involved the use of spikes in the CMCA.
We all know about last years fickle weather and it may be with us over this weekend, if so, are you permitted to wear spikes while fielding?
I personally don't see it as an issue, but is there a rule or such in place?

If your not bowling, i dont think it matters what your wearing - runners, spikes, thongs, ugg boots....

Given footy boots are permitted in international cricket for fielders, i'm pretty sure the cmca will be ok with spikes on grass!!

If your not bowling, i dont think it matters what your wearing - runners, spikes, thongs, ugg boots....

Given footy boots are permitted in international cricket for fielders, i'm pretty sure the cmca will be ok with spikes on grass!!

Guys - when in doubt check your Handbook - Rule 7.1.4 Players cannot participate with sprigs or spikes in their footwear.

Well played, T.O.B.

If mycricket scores read correct it looks as though a case of I told you so for Moorabbin West. We bowled terribly in Rd.1 and were dealt with accordingly. I can't see that side causing too many problems with the bat this season. Bottsy, Aydin & co are going to have to bowl extremely well for them to be competitive all year.

Tipping contest after Round 2:
QUASIMODO 9
JIMMY OLSON 7
THE MENTALIST 7
IF I CAN I WILL 7
UNCLE MICK 7
ORDINARY BLOKE 7
BILLY THE KID 7
BURGER 6
POST MORTEM 6
BRIAN WILSON 6
GOLF 6
P. PARKER 6
BIG DUNC 6
P'DOGS PIZZA 5
BOTTSY 5
CLOCKER 5
DR SQUEAK 5
NORTHCLUBSDPP 4
No points issued for drawn game.
Can any of the Beach Boys enlighten us as to what occured in their game? The only game not get a result.Elwood normally handles the rain fairly well. Looked like it was getting tight.

Clocker, Mr Bunting may be able to elaborate better as I was away from home on Saturday. But, the first week the umpires pulled the boys off the ground due to rain and conditions. They lost more than an hour of play and the game reverted to ordinary conditions.

This week, I believe the game was somewhat delayed and due to rain and bad light (I think) the game was called off. I believe we were unable to bowl our quicks towards the end.

Shame, as the game looked to be in the balance.

Wattie Watson is usually pretty good in the wet, but recent council maintenance (drainage pipes that have left exposed sand and recent, poorly timed top soil) and football use have left muddy spots all over the ground.

Hopefully the ground comes up OK for the Uniting clash this week.

As an aside, I had the pleasure of playing at Packer Park this round and I have to say how much of a delight it was to play cricket there. What a fantastic surface. I wish Elwood's council looked after our ground like that. Although we lost, the ground, the spirit the game was played in and the excellent hospitality of the Washington Park boys made it enjoyable nonetheless.

I hope Packer Park gets a quality grand final at the end of the season. The Sharks deserve it.

Tipping contest after Round 2:
QUASIMODO 9
JIMMY OLSON 7
THE MENTALIST 7
IF I CAN I WILL 7
UNCLE MICK 7
ORDINARY BLOKE 7
BILLY THE KID 7
BURGER 6
POST MORTEM 6
BRIAN WILSON 6
GOLF 6
P. PARKER 6
BIG DUNC 6
P'DOGS PIZZA 5
BOTTSY 5
CLOCKER 5
DR SQUEAK 5
NORTHCLUBSDPP 4
No points issued for drawn game.
Can any of the Beach Boys enlighten us as to what occured in their game? The only game not get a result.Elwood normally handles the rain fairly well. Looked like it was getting tight.

Hey Mate,
What happened was that we had the chance to come off with 20 overs to play on week one as both myself and B. Biggs had concerns over our fast bowlers slipping after the rain hit so we played it safe and called day 1 quits then and avoid any injuries. Week 2 came but the sun stayed away and we were hit with a big shower before the game, we started 45 mins late which saved us from losing any overs but actually ended up costing us as we had a thunder storm at about 6.15pm which maybe 8-10 overs to go and that was it. It was a very ugly and boring game to watch in all honesty with us unable to bowl pace bowlers from about 4pm onwards as no-one could control their footing on the slippery wicket. Thats my side of things anyway. Cheers

Hey Mate,
What happened was that we had the chance to come off with 20 overs to play on week one as both myself and B. Biggs had concerns over our fast bowlers slipping after the rain hit so we played it safe and called day 1 quits then and avoid any injuries. Week 2 came but the sun stayed away and we were hit with a big shower before the game, we started 45 mins late which saved us from losing any overs but actually ended up costing us as we had a thunder storm at about 6.15pm which maybe 8-10 overs to go and that was it. It was a very ugly and boring game to watch in all honesty with us unable to bowl pace bowlers from about 4pm onwards as no-one could control their footing on the slippery wicket. Thats my side of things anyway. Cheers

also to add to the above comments, the outfield was not an issue at all it was just the pitch and the wetness of it, the outfield drained very well and the ball was all but dry throughout the 2nd innings

Back