City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Good summary Clock, but the Judge needs to do more research as some of his work is so far off the pace its laughable. I hope he finds form quickly, because he needs to back it up on the field, if he is going to shoot from the hip so to speak.
Let me clarify.
1 . We all Know that MB loves himself to death, so whats new, he's a quality performer and has every right as captain to try and win a game for his club.
2. I have seen the gold caps attack first hand, they appear to be brittle, but are honest, and lets face it, there have been some honest attacks for years that have also been successful.
3. The hoops acted responsibly after the debacle last season, as a club coach Ivan has to take some of the blame for the issues that happened, he also allowed the Ano debacle to fester before the GF, this was extremely unsettling to some at the club.
Its alright to take the glory, but if you can't manage people issues and personalities, then you shouldn't be in the role. I do hope that he learns form that and has a successful year at the Ommies.
The judge seems to have a mental block, as his own club has made some serious mistakes with appointments over the last few years including juniors.
4. Its common news that the Judge is vocal on the field himself, he wouldn't be the first to pass Judgement on umpires.
5. The machine are in a rebuilding mode, 4 players under 18 in the one's including a 15 year old, another 3 or 4 in the two's including 2 - 14 year olds, its not rocket science reagrding how this will play out in the next couple of years, look out.
6. WOW so the judge is worried about marquee players, he forgets that his own club has one and possibly another coming this season. This is great for the comp and for the clubs concerned, the more marquee players the better, providing they are under the salary cap though:D.
I hope the Judge finds some form quickly because on his day he's a class player and ANA need the judge in form with the bat, not his opinions.:rolleyes:

Well said.
I'll just clarify our position at Le Page.
Yeah we have got ourselves a marquee player for the first time i've played in the 1sts (11 years) but it's not stopping a young bloke getting a game either. We had 7 players 21 & under on the weekend against Mackie.
Having a marquee player can benefit a club in other ways apart from just playing, it gives the young blokes around the club to learn off someone who has played a higher standard. Bentleigh Uniting are the perfect example!

I think the Judge is an absolute beauty; he calls it as he sees it! The ANA show is enjoyable to watch, the Judge is more than capable to back his comments out on the field. Without doubt one of the comps best bats for a long period. 1 MB is by far Elwood’s best cricket; however Nathan Harris is the best leader. Those who play Longmuir and batted against Elwood may have heard from interesting talk between player and captain, that make you just shake your head. 2. Don’t mess with the Juggernaut. Proven performers, this season is no different. Top 2 finish for them 3. Agreed, moose has to take some blame for the Ano debacle. Absolute shambles what happened there and everyone got a glimpse of the negatives of paying players. Important to know moose paid part of Ano’s match payments out of his own pocket, looks like a dog act from Ano from where I sit. With regards to people management, have you seen the weirdo’s at Union? It is the most indifferent and unique bunch of blokes, getting them to a GF after 2 straight prelim’s show’s his ppl mgmt skills.... he could clearly get the best out of the team! If acting “responsibly” is allowing Union’s leading run scorer since he joined the club to leave and not replacing him – you are idiot. Union could have used his leadership and batting against the spiders. Union to miss the finals. Has the moose learnt his lesson back at Omega Vinnie? Bet he loves not having The Politician breathing over his shoulder saying “pick my champ” 4. Umpires are terrible and we all know it. Would prefer not to waste the clubs money by paying them when the players themselves could do a better job. Spot on Judge 5. Mackie could be surprise packets – potential finalists. Craig Park is also a corner stone of that team; it’s not just Buddha who hold them up. Mackie to sneak into 4th 6. Agreed Marquee players are great for our comp. Spot on Steve, Uniting are a perfect example The Judge knows which end of the bat to hold, he will be in the top 6 aggregate by the end of the season.

Kudos also on the pun Brian, but I would suggest you "hang on to your ego" (Pet Sounds, 1966) at least until after this weekend although you might be right, the New Juggies might be vulnerable at the moment. Looking forward to checking out Sugar & The Judge's fine work tonight. As for marquee's I hear the The Golfers might be hoisting a tent of their own, perhaps as soon as this Saturday, depends on "when the boat comes in". Most noticable aspect of the new season is how many teenagers are playing top grade. It is a good time for clubs to have an experienced mentoring type import (the right type) as they benefits will be realised in the next 2-3 years. LONGY Carnegie South Bentleigh Uniting (close) Le Page Park Brighton Union Bentleigh ANA East Sandringham Boys Club (Ferguson/Bennett/Singh all back) WOOLY Cluden West Bentleigh Bentleigh Uniting Omega Washington Park Aspendale Gardens

I think the Judge is an absolute beauty; he calls it as he sees it! The ANA show is enjoyable to watch, the Judge is more than capable to back his comments out on the field. Without doubt one of the comps best bats for a long period. 1 MB is by far Elwood’s best cricket; however Nathan Harris is the best leader. Those who play Longmuir and batted against Elwood may have heard from interesting talk between player and captain, that make you just shake your head. 2. Don’t mess with the Juggernaut. Proven performers, this season is no different. Top 2 finish for them 3. Agreed, moose has to take some blame for the Ano debacle. Absolute shambles what happened there and everyone got a glimpse of the negatives of paying players. Important to know moose paid part of Ano’s match payments out of his own pocket, looks like a dog act from Ano from where I sit. With regards to people management, have you seen the weirdo’s at Union? It is the most indifferent and unique bunch of blokes, getting them to a GF after 2 straight prelim’s show’s his ppl mgmt skills.... he could clearly get the best out of the team! If acting “responsibly” is allowing Union’s leading run scorer since he joined the club to leave and not replacing him – you are idiot. Union could have used his leadership and batting against the spiders. Union to miss the finals. Has the moose learnt his lesson back at Omega Vinnie? Bet he loves not having The Politician breathing over his shoulder saying “pick my champ” 4. Umpires are terrible and we all know it. Would prefer not to waste the clubs money by paying them when the players themselves could do a better job. Spot on Judge 5. Mackie could be surprise packets – potential finalists. Craig Park is also a corner stone of that team; it’s not just Buddha who hold them up. Mackie to sneak into 4th 6. Agreed Marquee players are great for our comp. Spot on Steve, Uniting are a perfect example The Judge knows which end of the bat to hold, he will be in the top 6 aggregate by the end of the season.

To IO, before you comment too much on the hoops, try and gain some facts on both sides of the story
I wasn't suggesting the Ivan takes the full blame, but as C&C of a club, which in fact gave him the opportunity to do so after his original club had no faith in his ability to lead, took his eye off the pulse and only concentrated on the one's , well there lies the issue.
Ego's are a hard thing to overcome, especially when you had 5 or so in the team plus his own to deal with, a tough gig granted, but you are in it to win it and they didn't with arguably the best line up on paper for the last two seasons. So how did he get the best out of them?
You also need to understand that the decision could have been made in the best interests of THE CLUB, as a whole, because there were certainly some players who left and retired becuase of the goings on.
Your right the politician needs to let it Go.
Agree that NH is the best leader, but MB comes from the same tree as ID.
Oh by the way, before you call someone an idiot, get to know them first.

To IO, before you comment too much on the hoops, try and gain some facts on both sides of the story
I wasn't suggesting the Ivan takes the full blame, but as C&C of a club, which in fact gave him the opportunity to do so after his original club had no faith in his ability to lead, took his eye off the pulse and only concentrated on the one's , well there lies the issue.
Ego's are a hard thing to overcome, especially when you had 5 or so in the team plus his own to deal with, a tough gig granted, but you are in it to win it and they didn't with arguably the best line up on paper for the last two seasons. So how did he get the best out of them?
You also need to understand that the decision could have been made in the best interests of THE CLUB, as a whole, because there were certainly some players who left and retired becuase of the goings on.
Your right the politician needs to let it Go.
Agree that NH is the best leader, but MB comes from the same tree as ID.
Oh by the way, before you call someone an idiot, get to know them first.

You make some fair points Mentalist, again I am an outsider looking in, but Ivan wasn't C&C. Union had a practise manager with coaches for all of the 3 disciplines. Ivan was batting coach. There is no doubt they gave Moose an unexpectated opportunity to lead.

Union hadn't made a grand final for maybe up to 10 years, others leaders with a similar list at that club failed to get them to the finals was my point. The 2 opening bowlers Veitch and Cove were injured most of last season and we all think Union's bowling is ordinary with them, but they still made the GF without them in what was a virtually one day comp, i think its a fair result.

Don't know Union well enough to know who left or retired? Its just a weird decision, i am sure I am not the only one who thinks so and its easy to blame the individual . But thats what you said at the top of your response, its not entirely on Ivan's shoulders. Sorry about the idiot comment, but i am not sure of your assessment of it being responsible is accurate?

Round 2 Preview

Union
over Carnegie easily (Cove and Kuzma may fire again)
Elwood over ANA comfortably (Mr Bunting was quiet last week, so expect a big game from Mr Cricket).
Uniting over Chelsea (Ant Reid injured and Bentleigh not losing for eighteen months. No brainer!)
Kingston Heath over Centrals just (Hampton were awful last week, but clearly this could go either way)
Mackie over The Panthers in a thriller (Were impressed by Le Page last week, but home ground advantage should see the lads from Coatesville through).
East Sandy over West narrowly (The depleted ranks, now present at Chisholm Reserve still administer fear. Whilst West have been competitve with The Juggernaut over the years, I can only see this going one way).
Round 2 Review

4/6 (9/12 cumulative)

'Twas a fair return in a rain affected round where many games were ruined or hampered by the proverbial purple coloured sponges (now hard rocks) being propelled on skidding pitches to batsmen on slow grounds and hit to fielders who need spikes. That is Cricket in October however and as much as some things change many things stay the same with a familiar look to the Longmuir Table. In fact if you take the last five season as a case study the teams that have contested finals are placed 1-6 and the two most recent premiers are undefeated.

Carnegie were the surprise packet of the round courtesy of a splendid partnership from Collison and Perera that propelled them to a formidable total of 275 and despite heroics from former CMCA Player of the year, Con Pothitos, Union fell a little short in a most exciting game of cricket. Elwood and ANA was a hard one to gauge due to the time lost, but if you'd given Biggsy the chance of a draw at the start of the match, I'm sure he’d have taken it. Uniting dismantled an increasingly dispirited Chelsea team that are finding transition to the top flight very tough. Mackie are back in town thanks to a splendid century from Damien Krotofil and East Sandy did what the Juggernaut does best and strangle the opposition with good consistent conservative bowling. West Bentleigh choked in Normanistic proportions and Chris Fidler has found out what a rollercoaster ride Captaincy can be...

Round 3 Preview

With the pending inclement forecast for Saturday, I am expecting many or all of these games to be one dayers on the 5th of Nov or severely rain affected...

Carnegie over Golfers just (This is the sort of game the Spiders could easily drop, but Kingston Heath do not play their Cricket aggressively enough and will fall short. Gihan Perera to continue his fine form).

Uniting to defeat Elwood (Why would anyone tip against Bentleigh at present?)
West over Le Page in a thriller (This is certainly the hardest to pick for the week, but I will sway to the home side. Damien Casey to be the difference).
Union over Hampton (The Hoops bowling looks good but clearly has issues, however they may be able to post 250 plus so it won't matter).
ANA over Chelsea easily (The men from King George could easily be two zip and will have little trouble here).
East Sandy over Mackie (I learnt my lesson picking against ESBC so I will not again until they play Uniting. Luke Dallas to shine with both bat and ball)

Good Luck to all

Quasi

My tips for round 3:
Kingston Heath v Carnegie South in a tough game to pick
Elwood v Bentleigh Uniting - the match of the round
West Bentleigh v Le Page Park - tough game to pick
Hampton Central v Brighton Union - batting strength should get them home
Bentleigh ANA v Chelsea Heights - the new boys are struggling a bit
East Sandringham Boys Club v Mackie - the Juggernaut to contunue, but certainly not easily

The weather may again impact this week, so it could turn it into a 1 dayer the following week.

Hope it stays dry till Saturday night at least.

Hello all, Hope everyone is ok and all set for summer.

Some interesting opinions out there...........they say everyone has one, but given this is a chat forum it is just what is needed and makes for good reading.
It seems poor old Moose Delac has been made the scape goat!!!..........over the last 12 months the majority of the chatter on everyone's lips has been about UNION. Everyone involved in a club will undoubtbly tell you at some point there club has had there fair share of issues and problems internally. Whilst it starts at the top with the Skipper, the skipper also needs the full support of the committee and his players, I can’t comment too much on what happened at Union as obviously not in the inner sanctum and Chinese whispers can be so far off the mark. How ever if a player at BUCC stepped out of line, he would be pulled back into toe very quickly by the Captain, the Coach, the Committee, his team mates and the players at the club.
Love the Judge’s work, a little bit of Jason Akermanis about him and kudos for speaking his mind, he has credits in the bank
Ahhh it seems marshall never escapes criticism on this forum every season, he is a young lad who yes at times is very eccentric and does at times have the world on his shoulders every Saturday. But he does deliver time after time, does he need to calm down with his antics and emotions??? If his team mates are happy with his contribution (are they?) week in week out then I say best of luck to the Wood’s just not this round against my boys.
Seems to be a lot of people waiting for Uniting to stumble, For every win brings them closer to a loss many would say which I believe is probably the mindset for most tipping against them. I know they will not be focusing on keeping that streak going, one thing Shag’s is great with is focusing the side on the task at hand and not beyond.
I was mightily impressed last round when they crumbled to 5-26 yet rallied to 250..........am I surprised??? No. There would be so much pressure in the 2nds with Tommy Backman, Chris Manakis, Chris (Girth) Richards circling like a pack of hyenas waiting for a chance!! Pressure to perform would be immense and the likes of Jarrad Allan, Jason McConville, Simon Richards, Sebastian Zaia would be eager to please and they didn’t disappoint. Chris Richards is coming fast, in a rich vein of form smashing a brilliant 40 against McKinnon Wednesday night including some biggens I have been told. So I wouldn’t expect them to drop any game even if it was for a pack of peanuts.
I recall wearing spikes many times on a Saturday during the wet period, can’t see a problem with it at all.
What there is a salary cap???? Blahhh what is it out of interest???
Another question: How has everyone rated the change in fixture opening the season with a one day game?? It would appear the CMCA Executive have flown under the radar, which I can only assume is a good thing based on previous thread strands on here.
Anyway time to make myself a brew before bed from the cold Mother land

Ahhh it seems marshall never escapes criticism on this forum every season, he is a young lad who yes at times is very eccentric and does at times have the world on his shoulders every Saturday. But he does deliver time after time, does he need to calm down with his antics and emotions??? If his team mates are happy with his contribution (are they?) week in week out then I say best of luck to the Wood’s just not this round against my boys.

Marshall plays his 100th senior game for the club this round against Bentleigh Uniting. He's been, and is, a fantastic leader of Elwood and has the upmost respect and support from the entire club.

I'm not going to bother addressing all the individual posts having a crack at Marshall. The work he does behind the scenes, on the committee and, most importantly, with our juniors and Milo cricket is superb.

Anyway, good luck to everyone this weekend. Let's hope the rain doesn't ruin things.

Kingston Heath v Carnegie South
Elwood v Bentleigh Uniting
West Bentleigh v Le Page Park
Hampton Central v Brighton Union
Bentleigh ANA v Chelsea Heights
East Sandringham Boys Club v Mackie

My Tips-

C/South
Uniting
Le Page
Centrals
Heighters
Mackie

Plenty of traffic in here lately, still find it funny how everyone is happy to stick the boots into others (Marsh, paid players,umpire etc..) without owning up to they are...

Looks like they name a team after Burger. Obviously his reputation has preceded him. Wonder if they play cards?????

Funnily enough Clock, has been playing with his mate Perera (CarnSth) for that very team this year. Opposite teams this weekend.
Batting tends to be their strong suit, drinking & card playing left up to the likes of our own Burg(h)er!!!

Tips Rnd-3
Longy
Spiders [ confidence should be high after last week ] golfers not up to it yet ?
Uniting [ agree with others why tip against the best ?
W Bent [ only because they are better at home on Vandal Park ]
Union [ where to for the good ole two blues, fighting relegation ]
ANA [ Locky's boys will find it hard for a while yet ]
ESBC [ too strong at home, but the machine could start rolling ]

Wooly
Micks mob [ cluden affected by the weekend activities ]
West Bentleigh [ off the westers after last weeks debacle ]
Uniting [ hoops have too many out ]
Omega [ moose has stated he'll make a 1000 runs this season, he could get 100 of them here ]
Washington [ jitters should be gone after last week ]
The gardens [ this could be closer if the royals can find some consistancy ]

Watch out for Huey, the weather gods could open up.

Back