City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Bowled out for 90 chasing 7/199. Great exposure for our lads. The T20 comp is a fantastic opportunity to play against sides we normally wouldn't. Gives ourselves something to measure up against on the off chance a few of them want to get a bit more serious about their cricket.

Bowled out for 90 chasing 7/199. Great exposure for our lads. The T20 comp is a fantastic opportunity to play against sides we normally wouldn't. Gives ourselves something to measure up against on the off chance a few of them want to get a bit more serious about their cricket.
Cheers mate.

Bad luck but it's good to see the glass is half full!

Anyone know the East Sandy vs. Chelsea Heights score?

One of the anomalies of the competition last night for McKinnon, with their main T20 side playing in the VTCA's comp. Still, they gave a good account of themselves against another club's First XI equivalent.

And a great result in the Le Page vs Kingston Heath game, Dan Schwarze proving his class with 60 odd to help his side chase down 160

Elwood were to good for Centrals on the day.. we made 120 & they got them 2 down in about the 15th over..
catch of the week to a guy on the boundary, airborn after running 20m... was a big roar around the ground, i was the only one who missed it, was concentrating on coming back for the 2nd, who was i kidding..haha!!

Elwood were to good for Centrals on the day.. we made 120 & they got them 2 down in about the 15th over..
catch of the week to a guy on the boundary, airborn after running 20m... was a big roar around the ground, i was the only one who missed it, was concentrating on coming back for the 2nd, who was i kidding..haha!!

Burger, missed my chance to say g'day as I was there yesterday watching the boys.

That screamer of a catch was by Matty Harris -- who has clocked up a few rippers in his time...

Noticed the Victorian under 17 side contains Jack Taylor of Washington Park and Trent Cody of Bentleigh Uniting. Pretty good effort from the CMCA. Are there any others in the side ?

It is a moment of truth for a few teams on the weekend.

The Panthers much vaunted bowling attack has yet to click as expected but this is a perfect opportunity. If they can roll the Beach Boys then their season is back on track. This one could go down to the wire.

The Royals final aspirations evaporated against the Heighters last match and they are batting for a crucial six points this Saturday. A loss and they will be in the thick of a relegation struggle with a few other clubs. I just can’t see their brittle batting line up getting the job done. The Spiders are motoring along taking on all comers with a new found sense of confidence. They will be hard to beat and will go one step closer to grabbing a finals spot as they start to open up a gap on the rest of the field.

Mackie have come back to the fold and are facing a tough task against the Sky Blues. The return of Steve May has given the club a lift, but they have struggled to post any reasonable scores this year. It could start on Saturday adding to the woes of a few other clubs and also plunging Mackie back into the relegation field. A win to Mackie and they are right up there in finals contention. Definitely a 12 point game for both teams.

The Golfers finally exorcised a few batting demons and have posted a competitive total against the Hoops. They will have to bowl well to get the six points, and the golfers are another team that will be fighting for their Longy survival so they have to start pinching some wins.

The Juggernaut did a good job last week to hold Uniting to 9/220.They probably could be chasing a lesser score if a few of the run outs had been taken early in the Uniting innings. This will be a fascinating match as the Juggernaut are past masters of chasing these type of scores and how would they love to be the ones to end the ‘streak’.Can the Juggernaut overcome the spin of Zaia who ripped through them last season?

The Heighters will need to get through the first hour without losing to many wickets and they should then get home. Requiring 118 with 8 wickets they should get the chocolates and put the pressure back onto the Cowboys in their bid to remain in Longy this season.After what the Heighters experienced last season in the finals, pressure situations will not faze them in the slightest.Just hope they can stay awake.

Notable mention to Bottsy last week. It would have been good to watch him storming in to get his 5/6. Still have some work to do, but the Weststars will get up.
The Ommies will get the runs comfortably against the Kookas.
The Cowboys could bat three times and they still would not get the runs.
Washups still give me reflux.They should get the runs easily but this is the type of run chase where they could trip up.
The Juggernaut are not without a chance against Uniting. Could be an intersting result.
Sugar is the Michael Clarke of the Royals. Has found form with the bat (opening if you don't mind) taking wickets, social butterfly, life is good. The good life will continue for another week.

Guys, this is what I know to date. Note - this info hasn't gone out to clubs as yet, I'm hoping a few more scores/details can be entered into My Cricket before Friday evening. I send out what I have to clubs then.
Thanks.....Greeny

CMCA Kookaburra Twenty/20 CUP
Round #2 Results

North Group:-

1) Carnegie South CC 9/162 (20) – O. Hardaker 31, J. Fisher 27, S. Kulikov 25, M. Jukes 3/21, L. Addington 2/28, J. Griffiths 2/30, J. Cleary 2/36.
Def

Washington Park CC 8/128 – A. Verrall 42, J .Munday 36, N. Hulston 4/13.

2) Mackie CC 4 /166 (20) - D.Park 36, S.Clements 32*, A.McKenzie 30, S.Moritis 29*

Def
McKinnon CC 10/102 - C.Park 3/15.

West Group:-

1) Hampton Combined 9/119 (20) - R.DeHaan 2/17, J.Bunting 2/18, A.Howard 2/28.

Def by
Elwood CC 2/123 - S.Jones 60, M.Bunting 30*

2) Highett West CC 10/90 - J.McDonough 3/17, J deFegely 3/28.

Def by
Brighton Union CC 7/199 (20) - C.Pothitos 59, M.Cove 56, K.Stewart 3/18, Rob Stokes 3/40.

East Group:-

1) West Bentleigh CC 10/123 (18.3) - S.Holmes 26, C.Reid 23, A.Damica 3/19, J.Drummond 3/43.

Def by
Omega CC 7.125 (19.1) - I.Delac 39, J.Drummond 30*, C.Reid 3/23, J.West 2/24.

2) Bentleigh ANA CC 9/108 (20) - T.Backman 48, A.Russell 46, A.Kain 2/28, F.Loiacono 2/35.

Def by
Bentleigh Uniting CC 9/169 (20) - D.Jansz 31, A.Russell 3/16, C.Cathcart 2/20.

South Group:-

1) Le Page Park CC 10/159 - A.Siposs 49, S.McConchie 44, P.Mentiplay 29, D.Wilson 17, S.Gribben 4/30, N.Shiroman 3 x RO, N.Waltrich 2c & 1 RO.

Def by
Kingston Heath CC 4/164 - D.Schwarze 65, A.Birt 44, (82 run 3rd wicket partnership), N.Waltrich 23* , N.Shiroman 14, S.McConchie 1c & 1 RO.

2) Chelsea Heights CC 6/149 (20) - Ezard 37, Hume 24, Uthakaumar 24, Devereaux 2/22 .

Def by

ESBC 6/154 (20) - Devereaux 45, Gibb 31, L.Dallas 35*, Shelton 2/16, Ezard 2/28.

Not sure much of this will matter Clock, the scheduled rain is sure to disrupt most games...

It is a moment of truth for a few teams on the weekend.

The Panthers much vaunted bowling attack has yet to click as expected but this is a perfect opportunity. If they can roll the Beach Boys then their season is back on track. This one could go down to the wire.

The Royals final aspirations evaporated against the Heighters last match and they are batting for a crucial six points this Saturday. A loss and they will be in the thick of a relegation struggle with a few other clubs. I just can’t see their brittle batting line up getting the job done. The Spiders are motoring along taking on all comers with a new found sense of confidence. They will be hard to beat and will go one step closer to grabbing a finals spot as they start to open up a gap on the rest of the field.

Mackie have come back to the fold and are facing a tough task against the Sky Blues. The return of Steve May has given the club a lift, but they have struggled to post any reasonable scores this year. It could start on Saturday adding to the woes of a few other clubs and also plunging Mackie back into the relegation field. A win to Mackie and they are right up there in finals contention. Definitely a 12 point game for both teams.

The Golfers finally exorcised a few batting demons and have posted a competitive total against the Hoops. They will have to bowl well to get the six points, and the golfers are another team that will be fighting for their Longy survival so they have to start pinching some wins.

The Juggernaut did a good job last week to hold Uniting to 9/220.They probably could be chasing a lesser score if a few of the run outs had been taken early in the Uniting innings. This will be a fascinating match as the Juggernaut are past masters of chasing these type of scores and how would they love to be the ones to end the ‘streak’.Can the Juggernaut overcome the spin of Zaia who ripped through them last season?

The Heighters will need to get through the first hour without losing to many wickets and they should then get home. Requiring 118 with 8 wickets they should get the chocolates and put the pressure back onto the Cowboys in their bid to remain in Longy this season.After what the Heighters experienced last season in the finals, pressure situations will not faze them in the slightest.Just hope they can stay awake.

Notable mention to Bottsy last week. It would have been good to watch him storming in to get his 5/6. Still have some work to do, but the Weststars will get up.
The Ommies will get the runs comfortably against the Kookas.
The Cowboys could bat three times and they still would not get the runs.
Washups still give me reflux.They should get the runs easily but this is the type of run chase where they could trip up.
The Juggernaut are not without a chance against Uniting. Could be an intersting result.
Sugar is the Michael Clarke of the Royals. Has found form with the bat (opening if you don't mind) taking wickets, social butterfly, life is good. The good life will continue for another week.

Not sure much of this will matter Clock, the scheduled rain is sure to disrupt most games...

Never Say Never Quasi! I thought you'd learn that in 1983.

The rain will ease by the arvo, I'm sure the show will go on. That is, of course, if there isn't any unexpected dumpings of huge masses of sand, sawdust or any other matter to get in the way of good cricket!

Never Say Never Quasi! I thought you'd learn that in 1983.

The rain will ease by the arvo, I'm sure the show will go on. That is, of course, if there isn't any unexpected dumpings of huge masses of sand, sawdust or any other matter to get in the way of good cricket!

I think Quasi might have been right with the weather, P Parker !!!

No surprise to see the rain interrupt most matches, M West got one away and the others drawn.

Interesting stuff in the Chelsea / West Bentleigh game, a few Chelsea boys batting down the order with the rain around?

Can anyone confirm the rule? Phil O'Callaghan & old man Frank were both suggesting the rule deeming a round is drawn where more than 50% of games don't get a result only applies to extreme heat - i.e not inclusive of wet weather/wash outs. That doesn't seem to make sense to me? Surely if weather has an influence it shouldn't matter weather it's extreme heat or rain??

Can anyone confirm the rule? Phil O'Callaghan & old man Frank were both suggesting the rule deeming a round is drawn where more than 50% of games don't get a result only applies to extreme heat - i.e not inclusive of wet weather/wash outs. That doesn't seem to make sense to me? Surely if weather has an influence it shouldn't matter weather it's extreme heat or rain??
UM,
I can't confirm, but that 50% rule does exist in the heat policy. However i dont THINK there is any such clause in the By Laws. Therefore as silly as it seems i think it only applies to heat not to a wash out situation.

Back