City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Round 3 Preview

Carnegie over Golfers just (This is the sort of game the Spiders could easily drop, but Kingston Heath do not play their Cricket aggressively enough and will fall short. Gihan Perera to continue his fine form).
Uniting to defeat Elwood (Why would anyone tip against Bentleigh at present?)
West over Le Page in a thriller (This is certainly the hardest to pick for the week, but I will sway to the home side. Damien Casey to be the difference).
Union over Hampton (The Hoops bowling looks good but clearly has issues, however they may be able to post 250 plus so it won't matter).
ANA over Chelsea easily (The men from King George could easily be two zip and will have little trouble here).
East Sandy over Mackie (I learnt my lesson picking against ESBC so I will not again until they play Uniting. Luke Dallas to shine with both bat and ball)

Round 3 Review

4/6 (13/18 cumulative)

Let down big time by the Cowboys and Royals whose collective batting displays were only marginally better than the Aussies at Newlands last night. Full credit to Chelsea for posting their first Longmuir win, Luke Shelton’s performance was most pleasing as was Shaun Ezard’s all-round efforts in destroying a most insipid ANA. Speaking of poor performances, West Bentleigh’s capitulation after being 3/100 showed up their distinct lack of batting depth, a deficiency that has plagued them for some time now. You dismiss Chopper and Damien Casey and there is not much else.

Still, nothing came close to the poor performance of the Golfers who could only manage 58. What was remarkable about this was not only the total, but the length of time they took (50 overs) to compile it. Scott Adams the best of the Carnegie Bowlers. Uniting defeated Elwood reasonably comfortably and (unfortunately for the rest of the comp) haven’t really hit top gear yet. Their best may be saved for East Sandy who were once again impressive against Mackie. Union defeated Hampton Central with ease as Con Pothitos continued this fine start to the season.

Round 4 Preview

Union over The Golfers (Kingston Heath simply have to be more aggressive in their application if they are to realise their potential. Scores of 120 odd simply do not cut against the best. Brighton easily).
Elwood over Le Page (I sense the chance of an upset here as De Silva has clearly taken some of the burden off McConchie’s shoulders at Le Page. However, Elwood have too many guns and should just get over the line).
Carnegie over ANA (One simply cannot pick ANA after last week so they’ll probably win with ease. Carnegie should not drop this one at home and expect Glen Gallagher to rip through the Royals).
Mackie over Hampton Central (Mackie easily. No brainer with Krotofil to ton up).
Uniting over East Sandy (match of the year so far, but who would dare select against Uniting. Lalor or Russell to get a big score and put the game out of reach for the Juggernaut).
Chelsea over West Bentleigh (The most difficult tip of the round with the winner to receive the coveted Anthony Reid Cup. I feel that Chelsea are beginning to find their feet and will have too much depth for West. Would’ve been a different story had Anthony Reid been playing against his former teammates though).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Longy Tips
Union - To many class bats, Kuz to ton up, golfers not up to it yet.
Elwood - only just
Uniting - we'll see how good the jugs are
Redbacks - Royals without AL are vunarable, the judge needs to fire and royals are playing for their season too much pressure.
Machine - Two blues are spoon favourites
Heighters - at home, cowboys need some serious injection of players.

Wooly
Omega
Westars
Aspendale
Washups
ANA
Uniting

Folks - email just sent out to Clubs! Cheers....Greeny

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DearTwenty/20 Clubs,

I have some great news, after much negotiation during the week, the CMCA has agreed to allow Highett West CC into our competition! Fantastic work from Michael Flahive is getting the HWCC boys on the park.

So that all teams are in the same position for round#2, the Elwood CC vs Highett West CC will be played TOMORROW (Sunday 13th November) at Elwood's home ground by the beach! Start time is 3pm!!

They will have the BBQ going and drinks available - drop past if you are able to!

Thanks everyone,

Andrew
For the T/20 Sub Committee.

Terrific work by both of you, seriously well done in organising and re working. Well done.

Boys in Woolnough y'day, Luke Harvey's ton was one of the better innings you'll ever see, got to his ton in the last couple of overs.

Credit to 'Mjbunty' as well who helped get yesterday's game up and going. Shame the result was as woeful as it was. Shows how big the gap is between the top Longmuir clubs and the Woolnough battlers. Thankfully, we'll be able to field a stronger and hopefully more competitive outfit tomorrow night.

Under 21 Neil Wright Shield result Round 1
Good win by our boys, smashed Dandenong District Cricket Association. Batting first we made 168 dismissed off last ball of final over then rolled DDCA in 32.2 overs for only 88. No individual highlights available as yet.

Under 21 Neil Wright Shield result Round 1
Good win by our boys, smashed Dandenong District Cricket Association. Batting first we made 168 dismissed off last ball of final over then rolled DDCA in 32.2 overs for only 88. No individual highlights available as yet.
That is a pretty good win as the DDCA are attempting to claim their 4th straight competition title. I suspect there will be a few noses out of joint around Dandenong way.Well done to all.

Yep PM, definitely looks to be a cracker tonight for 20/20 cricket. I hope to get down to see the Spiders take on the Sharks at Packer.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to bring the boundaries in on some of the bigger grounds to really encourage the batsman to go for it. That's what 20/20 is all about after all. Not by any ridiculous margin, but just enough to plant the seed in the batsman's minds.

Guys,
given you're all into your sport - why else would you be on here!
WPCC are hosting another Sportsman's night...

When: 26th November 2011
Where: Packer Park, Leila Rd Carnegie
Who: Big names including Greg Blewett, Leigh Colbert, Mark Allen, and MC Liam Pickering.
Also on the night:
Reverse Draw: Up to $1000 to the Winner
Sporting Memorabilia prizes to be won
Cost: just $20.00
Drinks: Bar Prices
Food: BBQ Burgers & Snags Available
Bookings: Craig Naidu 0400 583 631, David Machin 0423 210 529

hope to see you there - should be a cracking night!!

Well done on the weekend Sponge Bob.
Round 2 20/20

Washington Park v Carnegie South
Mackie v McKinnon
Hampton Combined v Elwood
Highett West v Brighton Union
Bentleigh ANA v Bentleigh Uniting
West Bentleigh v Omega
Chelsea Heights v East Sandringham
Le Page Park v Kingston Heath

Guys,
given you're all into your sport - why else would you be on here!
WPCC are hosting another Sportsman's night...

When: 26th November 2011
Where: Packer Park, Leila Rd Carnegie
Who: Big names including Greg Blewett, Leigh Colbert, Mark Allen, and MC Liam Pickering.
Also on the night:
Reverse Draw: Up to $1000 to the Winner
Sporting Memorabilia prizes to be won
Cost: just $20.00
Drinks: Bar Prices
Food: BBQ Burgers & Snags Available
Bookings: Craig Naidu 0400 583 631, David Machin 0423 210 529

hope to see you there - should be a cracking night!!

Sounds like a good night.

Btw, nice work with the unbeaten ton on Saturday, to tell you the truth I thought your partner in crime would have run out of puff well before his 75, especially considering that he's probably too old to back up another long innings from the week before! :)

Round 2 20/20

Washington Park v Carnegie South
Mackie v McKinnon
Hampton Combined v Elwood
Highett West v Brighton Union
Bentleigh ANA v Bentleigh Uniting
West Bentleigh v Omega
Chelsea Heights v East Sandringham
Le Page Park v Kingston Heath

Sounds like a good night.

Btw, nice work with the unbeaten ton on Saturday, to tell you the truth I thought your partner in crime would have run out of puff well before his 75, especially considering that he's probably too old to back up another long innings from the week before! :)
Should be a massive night - based on the last one we had with Pickers, Marko, and Fleming. Marko tells some funny golfing stories that obviously can't make it to SEN.
CG was in fine form - did a lot less running than me - very smart (or was it he was served up a lot more 4 balls?? I still swear Nuts owed him some!!), and he is younger than me - so careful who you're calling old :D
Thanks Clock also.

Back