City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Kingston Heath-v-Bentleigh ANA
Elwood - v - East Sandringham Boys Club
Bentleigh Uniting- v- Hampton Central
Carnegie South- v- West Bentleigh
Mackie- v- Brighton Union
Chelsea Heights -v -Le Page Park
Apologies Quasi, you were spot on last week. We seem to have echoes of last season where it would be fine during the week and then pelting down from Fri night to Sunday.

Very Good Sugar. Yes, young Lalor and I have had an association ever since some goings on up Sovereign Hill way about 130 years ago. Still think Haddin, Ponting & Johnson should not play v Kiwi's though.
Agree with general consensus that heat v wet should be subject to same rules, ie.not one rule for heat and a different one for wet, the circumstances are the same.
Tips
Longy

KingstonHeath (who are the outs?)
Elwood
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie South
Brighton Union
Le Page Park

Wooly
Washington Park
Aspendale Gardens
Hampton United
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
East Sandringham Boys Club

D Schwarze & C Rayner are missing. Best bat and best bowler in the team. Not taking in the import.

Interesting reading the rules on the weather! it's a farce that the 50% rule only comes into play for hot weather. Yes, Congrats to the Weststars for getting the points - fantastic effort by Bottsy and co. but seriously - if no other teams get a 'chance' to get a result the rules should be changed to those of the heat policy! Why is it wet vs heat? makes no difference to me.....

BTW - quick plug for the WPCC sporstmans night this Saturday!

brochure

should be a big night!

Tips Rnd - 5
Longy
Royals [ playing for relegation should be able to account for the Heath, also smashed them last season.
Gold Caps [ still some doubt over whether the woods have actually improved .
Uniting [ two blues will be better with Maysie, but stll way off the pace.
Redbacks [ cowboys in relegation zone.
Hoops [ although budha usually gets runs against the hoops, this could be close .
Heighters [ at home should get the points, still not convinced that the panthers have improved.

Wooly
Washups [ looked really good in the 20/20 this week, may be starting to get consistant again.
Gardens [ good match up, should be good game.
H United [ geez this is a blockbuster, both sides not up to this grade.
Uniting [ this will be a lively game.
Royals [ to finally take a scalp and deflate the moose's ego.
Gold Caps [ hoops are at rock bottom.

Just on the rule with the weather, why penalise teams who actually go for the result before the rain settles in.
There were some fantastic attempts at getting results last week, one notable was Quiney - Mackie V Centrals, great game between two teams having a real crack, the result was completed at around 3.15 with a 1 run win, just before the rain finished off the day.
Obviously Botts' effort was extremely good, should get the points and rightfully so.
Maybe the 50% rule should apply across all grades collectively, that way it raises the % rate and would give more sides a reward for actually trying to win.

Round 4 Preview

Union over The Golfers (Kingston Heath simply have to be more aggressive in their application if they are to realise their potential. Scores of 120 odd simply do not cut against the best. Brighton easily).
Elwood over Le Page (I sense the chance of an upset here as De Silva has clearly taken some of the burden off McConchie’s shoulders at Le Page. However, Elwood have too many guns and should just get over the line).
Carnegie over ANA (One simply cannot pick ANA after last week so they’ll probably win with ease. Carnegie should not drop this one at home and expect Glen Gallagher to rip through the Royals).
Mackie over Hampton Central (Mackie easily. No brainer with Krotofil to ton up).
Uniting over East Sandy (match of the year so far, but who would dare select against Uniting. Lalor or Russell to get a big score and put the game out of reach for the Juggernaut).
Chelsea over West Bentleigh (The most difficult tip of the round with the winner to receive the coveted Anthony Reid Cup. I feel that Chelsea are beginning to find their feet and will have too much depth for West. Would’ve been a different story had Anthony Reid been playing against his former teammates though).

Round 4 Review

0/6 (13/24 cumulative)

No results, what a farce this two day Cricket competition is becoming. Bob Brown would argue it is proof of the existence of Climate Change, but I would argue it is merely cyclical. It simply always rains on Saturdays. How else could one explain 10 of the past fifteen CMCA Home and Away rounds being rain affected?

The games… well Chelsea Heights, ANA and Centrals can consider themselves a trifle unlucky, the latter two still waiting to taste victory for the first time this season. Whilst the other three games had the makings of very close contests indeed. Unfortunate to say the least.

Round 5 Preview

Guess what? More rain is coming and likely to wash out yet another Saturday of park Cricket. Let’s hope they get the weather forecast wrong as at least four games could go either way…Selections are based on the longer version of the game.

ANA over Golfers just (Must admit I tip the Royals with the same confidence as tipping Richmond, but they are due and should be too strong. Adam Mikkelsen is long overdue for some runs).
East Sandy over Elwood by a whisker (Clear match of the round, but the fact remains that ESBC have re-found their mojo this season and their resolve looks as strong as ever. Dallas and Phelan to choke Bunting and co and win a thriller)
Uniting over Centrals (The only tip I feel confident about. Cold be an outright result if Centrals are rolled over on day one. Lalor to make a big hundred if they bat. Either way, this is a no brainer).
West Bentleigh over Carnegie by a nose (Most will differ on this one, but West’s record against the Spiders is very strong and Damien Casey averages around 80 against them. West to post a big score and Carnegie to fall just short).
Mackie over Union by a hair (Union’s bowling looks good on paper, but seldom is devastating, hence I suspect big Damien Krotofil is licking his lips in anticipation of a big score. Pothitos is in hot form for the Hoops, but may run out of partners against a disciplined Mackie attack).
Le Page over Chelsea just (Five tips that I am not confident about! This is one game where if it becomes a one-dayer, I would be more confident of a Le Page victory. However Chelsea play Beazley Reserve well and bowl a disciplined line, so the Panthers may struggle to post a big score).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Interesting reading the rules on the weather! it's a farce that the 50% rule only comes into play for hot weather. Yes, Congrats to the Weststars for getting the points - fantastic effort by Bottsy and co. but seriously - if no other teams get a 'chance' to get a result the rules should be changed to those of the heat policy! Why is it wet vs heat? makes no difference to me.....

You see the same thing in District cricket especially in Geelong where they tend to play when other matches have been washed out. If they get on and play then the result stands, and that is how it should be.It forces clubs to think twice before pulling the pin. There is a fundamental difference between cancelling a round due to wet weather and one because of the heat rule. The heat rule can be measured and a general decision made. With the rain, it is dependant upon each ground and how it copes with the rain, the volume of rain in each region and the willingness of all to play.To many X factors to apply an across the board ruling. Good luck to all today although it has been raining all night.

Longy
Bentleigh ANA
East Sandy
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie South
Brighton Union
Le Page

Wooly
Highett West
Aspendale Gardens
Hampton United
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
Brighton Union

Army's army comfortably.

In Premier cricket last week Geelong played but because everyone else got washed the powers to be ruled that it doesn't count and all games will be one day matches this weekend. They believe it is the fairest result for everyone. They use common sense. "Fair for everyone".

Nice work, Billy. I think that's the way to go. Scores count for percentage etc. which "should" encourage sides to play, however the fairest result would be to render the fixture drawn if less than 50% of matches are completed. In the case of MW vs. BU, neither side played for the win on day 1. It was simply a case of inept batting by both clubs that allowed an early result.

Well another washout and I don't think I have seen so much rain in one day.
If anyone has second thoughts about their tips please re submit them during the week.
Has anyone seen the semi final 20/20 draw?

Nice work, Billy. I think that's the way to go. Scores count for percentage etc. which "should" encourage sides to play, however the fairest result would be to render the fixture drawn if less than 50% of matches are completed. In the case of MW vs. BU, neither side played for the win on day 1. It was simply a case of inept batting by both clubs that allowed an early result.
Agree totally! keep the % that's earned from the game - hence MW would still get big gains there.
And Clock, my new tip - Uncle Mick to open the bowling against the Sharks next week! was pretty keen on playing a one-dayer to get that leave pass - left a message very early on my phone!! although there was no chance of play anyway ;)

Haha. If only that were the case. Sadly to get anything done only 2 people are useful at HW. The other one was at work when I called. I had things to do, so that was my window of opportunity.

Well another washout and I don't think I have seen so much rain in one day.
If anyone has second thoughts about their tips please re submit them during the week.
Has anyone seen the semi final 20/20 draw?

I haven't seen the semi final 20/20 draw, but I know the Spiders are playing East Sandy at Bailey Park.

Based on the ladder, I guess BUnion will be playing Bent Uniting at either Highett West (Union's aka Home Ground) or maybe Uniting have done a home ground transfer deal.

I haven't seen the semi final 20/20 draw, but I know the Spiders are playing East Sandy at Bailey Park.

Based on the ladder, I guess BUnion will be playing Bent Uniting at either Highett West (Union's aka Home Ground) or maybe Uniting have done a home ground transfer deal.

From the CMCA website..
Semi Finals Tuesday 29th November

Carnegie South (North) versus ESBC (South) at Bailey Park

Brighton Union (West) versus Bentleigh Utg (East). at Centenary Park

Back