City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

What about Bailey where it was held last season?
Strong rumour around Centenary last night that the final will be held there.
Uniting has the support and helpers required to put on first class event.
Last years debacle with having to shift the event to Bailey at the last minute proved that they have the ability to host, they deserve the right to do so this year at their home ground.

Bailey park is a shithole! Crap ground, no fence, no place for a final!
Chelsea has by far the best facilities in the comp and Mackie has by far the best ground, but then again I can understand why it should be at centenary as they thoroughly deserve it!

Just to remind everyone this is the CMCA not the Bentleigh Uniting cricket Association. Uniting were meant to host the final last season and had it moved to Bailey at the last minute, but they received the benefits of the bar. BU have played three of their four matches at Centenary this season including the first game on a Sunday where they unfulred their flag.Granted, the Spiders agreed to this generous move so as they could have their day in the centre of the CMCA universe.Personally I would have forced them to enjoy the magnificent surrounds of Caufield Park, where the lone tree acts as shelter, canteen and toilet.

The Juggernaut have had their fair share of experience in hosting these type of events for eg when Shane Warne played in a 20/20 match a few years ago plus the endless flags they have won which have been hosted at Juggernaut Park. They were subject to years of criticism that they always got their way due to their connections on the Executive.I am sure that Le Page and a few other clubs would appreciate the same considertations that contribute to the profile of their club and more importantly add to their finances which allows them to maintain the status quo for a few more seasons. I suspect the lobbying for the Grand Final to be played at Centenary Park will be in full swing behind the scenes as it was last season when they nearly got their way.

Just to remind everyone this is the CMCA not the Bentleigh Uniting cricket Association. Uniting were meant to host the final last season and had it moved to Bailey at the last minute, but they received the benefits of the bar. BU have played three of their four matches at Centenary this season including the first game on a Sunday where they unfulred their flag.Granted, the Spiders agreed to this generous move so as they could have their day in the centre of the CMCA universe.Personally I would have forced them to enjoy the magnificent surrounds of Caufield Park, where the lone tree acts as shelter, canteen and toilet.

The Juggernaut have had their fair share of experience in hosting these type of events for eg when Shane Warne played in a 20/20 match a few years ago plus the endless flags they have won which have been hosted at Juggernaut Park. They were subject to years of criticism that they always got their way due to their connections on the Executive.I am sure that Le Page and a few other clubs would appreciate the same considertations that contribute to the profile of their club and more importantly add to their finances which allows them to maintain the status quo for a few more seasons. I suspect the lobbying for the Grand Final to be played at Centenary Park will be in full swing behind the scenes as it was last season when they nearly got their way.

Remember Brighton Union getting all the A grade/Longmuir Grand Finals at Hurlingham in the 80's and 90's !!!! As long as the ground is in good shape and canteen facilities are good it should be played at the ground where the Team finishes higher. God forbid the CMCA do what the local football leagues do and make clubs tender for finals!!!

Clocker,
You seem to be a bit grumpy lately, however lets be realistic, its a 20/20 final and not the big March action.
If you were there on Tuesday you would have noted that there were kids running around, people with BBQ's, canteen operating in full swing, great vibe around the ground,it was all happening.Uniting deserve the gig because they can put on a good show, secondly i have to agree with IICIIW, Bailey is not up to it.
Gold Cap park cannot be used as i believe they haven't got a permit for Tuesday nights, [ local council ] has come down hard on Bayside clubs., and i doubt whether any other club would put their hand up to host it
You'll have to come to terms with the prospect that Uniting are now the power club on and off the field, they are setting the standard that clubs need to aspire to, '' follow and prosper '' or die a slow death.

Thanks Mentalist. I think Merlot's voodoo doll is starting to take effect. Unfortunately I could not make it to the match. It may shock you to know other clubs also have a canteen operating, BBQ's running, and kids running around with good vibes around the ground. These clubs may not be the 'power' clubs as you described, but they do their best to survive and give kids a game of cricket. You have explained the situation with the restrictions the Green loving Bayside council and that is fine. Ironic that Bailey Park was fine last year, but it is now considered sub standard even though Uniting seem to claim it whenever it suits their needs. All the discussion before hand was it should be held at Uniting as a given. As I have stated on numerous occasions, the Uniting committee has risen to the challenge and created something special for the short term. If they can come close to emulating the Juggernaut’s 8 flags in 9 years, then they can be satisfied; however time will tell. I am afraid you have been consumed by the man crush affliction which has infected a number of Uniting supporters when Mr Lalor walks amongst his flock; and now we can add the arrogance that comes with a little success. Win three or four flags and then we can consider a book and movie deal and start talking about Lalor as potential Prime Minister material, but in the meantime let’s hope you don’t get too far ahead of yourselves.

Clocker,
You seem to be a bit grumpy lately, however lets be realistic, its a 20/20 final and not the big March action.
If you were there on Tuesday you would have noted that there were kids running around, people with BBQ's, canteen operating in full swing, great vibe around the ground,it was all happening.Uniting deserve the gig because they can put on a good show, secondly i have to agree with IICIIW, Bailey is not up to it.
Gold Cap park cannot be used as i believe they haven't got a permit for Tuesday nights, [ local council ] has come down hard on Bayside clubs., and i doubt whether any other club would put their hand up to host it
You'll have to come to terms with the prospect that Uniting are now the power club on and off the field, they are setting the standard that clubs need to aspire to, '' follow and prosper '' or die a slow death.

Wow!! What an offensive statement! Do you seriously think that no other club has BBQ's, well operated canteens and kids running around having fun? Do you seriously think that Bentleigh Uniting are the only club capable of creating a 'great vibe around the ground'? Are you drunk on Bentleigh Uniting's recent on field success???

'You'll have to come to terms with the prospect that Uniting are now the power club on and off the field' . . . Your arrogance is breathtaking!! Great way to make a negative target out of Bentleigh Uniting!

You say that Bailey is not up to it? Bailey Park is fully fenced and does have a good outfield and recently laid pitch for cricket. But I'll go a step further and say that, for ground conditions, kids play area, great canteen setup and a great place for spectators to watch cricket from and is central to all, Packer Park would get my vote.

Clocker, I'll change my vote from Le Page to Chelsea for the one dayer. Tough match to call.

Kingston Heath-v-Bentleigh ANA
Elwood - v - East Sandringham Boys Club
Bentleigh Uniting- v- Hampton Central
Carnegie South- v- West Bentleigh
Mackie- v- Brighton Union
Chelsea Heights -v -Le Page Park

Cheers.

Wow!! What an offensive statement! Do you seriously think that no other club has BBQ's, well operated canteens and kids running around having fun? Do you seriously think that Bentleigh Uniting are the only club capable of creating a 'great vibe around the ground'? Are you drunk on Bentleigh Uniting's recent on field success???

'You'll have to come to terms with the prospect that Uniting are now the power club on and off the field' . . . Your arrogance is breathtaking!! Great way to make a negative target out of Bentleigh Uniting!

You say that Bailey is not up to it? Bailey Park is fully fenced and does have a good outfield and recently laid pitch for cricket. But I'll go a step further and say that, for ground conditions, kids play area, great canteen setup and a great place for spectators to watch cricket from and is central to all, Packer Park would get my vote.

Wow PP, you have obviously been hanging on too long from you efforts against the green goblin.
Where in my coments am i offensive, i'm merely stating that their set up is one of the best, and the original question of where the final might be held was all that was asked, they did indeed finish on top of their pool, they won the semi, and deserve to host the final.
I'm not saying that they will get the gig, i'll leave that to the powers, but if they do, then i'm sure there won't be too many supporters who will be disappointed for either club, or even independents for that matter.
You need to also check Bailey, there is enough action going on there with the new pool etc, and limited carparking ,i'm sure we wouldn't want to have to go to the site office and ask permission to retrieve the ball after it sails over the carpark and into the building site.
You also need to read the dictionary, as i can't recall that being complimentary about a clubs progress has anything to do with arrogance.
Maybe deep down you may be the one that could be jealous of their progress or green with envy, who knows, but i do agree Packer is a good venue but a competing club should get the gig, wash-ups didn't get there, so maybe next year for them.
Oh by the way, i have been called breathtaking at times.;):eek::p

Thanks Mentalist. I think Merlot's voodoo doll is starting to take effect. Unfortunately I could not make it to the match. It may shock you to know other clubs also have a canteen operating, BBQ's running, and kids running around with good vibes around the ground. These clubs may not be the 'power' clubs as you described, but they do their best to survive and give kids a game of cricket. You have explained the situation with the restrictions the Green loving Bayside council and that is fine. Ironic that Bailey Park was fine last year, but it is now considered sub standard even though Uniting seem to claim it whenever it suits their needs. All the discussion before hand was it should be held at Uniting as a given. As I have stated on numerous occasions, the Uniting committee has risen to the challenge and created something special for the short term. If they can come close to emulating the Juggernaut’s 8 flags in 9 years, then they can be satisfied; however time will tell. I am afraid you have been consumed by the man crush affliction which has infected a number of Uniting supporters when Mr Lalor walks amongst his flock; and now we can add the arrogance that comes with a little success. Win three or four flags and then we can consider a book and movie deal and start talking about Lalor as potential Prime Minister material, but in the meantime let’s hope you don’t get too far ahead of yourselves.
Clock, i think the voodoo has got to you, can you print a little clearer and larger next time even with my contacts i'm failing to fully read your expert comments.
Don't worry, we've all been voodooed by the great Merl from time to time.

Wow PP, you have obviously been hanging on too long from you efforts against the green goblin.
Where in my coments am i offensive, i'm merely stating that their set up is one of the best, and the original question of where the final might be held was all that was asked, they did indeed finish on top of their pool, they won the semi, and deserve to host the final.
I'm not saying that they will get the gig, i'll leave that to the powers, but if they do, then i'm sure there won't be too many supporters who will be disappointed for either club, or even independents for that matter.
You need to also check Bailey, there is enough action going on there with the new pool etc, and limited carparking ,i'm sure we wouldn't want to have to go to the site office and ask permission to retrieve the ball after it sails over the carpark and into the building site.
You also need to read the dictionary, as i can't recall that being complimentary about a clubs progress has anything to do with arrogance.
Maybe deep down you may be the one that could be jealous of their progress or green with envy, who knows, but i do agree Packer is a good venue but a competing club should get the gig, wash-ups didn't get there, so maybe next year for them.
Oh by the way, i have been called breathtaking at times.;):eek::p

It's called insinuation Mental. You can look that one up too.

Brighton Union actually finished on top before the finals, but as Bentleigh Uniting negotiated the semi final to be played at home, why not try 2 for 2?

As you say, its a 20/20 final and not the big March action, so nobody's going to lose sleep over it!

Dear All,

As just sent out to all clubs:-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Twenty/20 Clubs,

The CMCA are pleased to advise this years Grand Finalists for the Kookaburra Twenty/20 Cup are:-

Bentleigh Uniting vs ESBC

To be played at Centenary Park, from 5.30pm.

Semi Final Results were:-

Carnegie South 20/20 6/144(cc) L Dallas 3/22
def by
East Sandringham 20/20 2/148 B Gibb 87* L Dallas 30* At Bailey Reserve.

Brighton Union 20/20 10/71 A Russell 3/16 G Lalor 2/7
def by
Bentleigh Uniting 20/20 5/180(cc) B Turner 40 G Lalor 31 T Backman 29 J Allan 28* At Centenary Park.

Looking forward to seeing everyone down at Centenary Park for what should be a classic shoot-out
between the 2 best T/20 teams from this years competition!

Thanks....Andrew

For the T/20 Sub Committee.

The usual suspects wanting to take a swing at the BUCC. Highly amusing really. All this talk about alternative finals venues is absurd. Can really only be a choice of 2 venues and as the City of Bayside will not allow ESCC to play midweek at Chisholm then it's an easy decision. And I agree plenty of clubs with BBQs, play grounds, canteens and the ability to run a good event. So maybe when those clubs make a 20/20 GF then they will have a decent chance of hosting it.

BUCC is not perfect by any stretch but if you are going to take a swipe maybe just be a little more balanced. Uniting did not lobby for the semi to be played at Centenary last week. As Union are in the City of Bayside they had the same council issues as East Sandy did this week. And last year Uniting did not ‘have it moved to Bailey at the last minute’. The council dumped a few truckloads of topsoil on the ground two days early that rendered Centenary unplayable. As already mentioned it was a great effort by all (including Elwood CC) to move the show to Bailey and still put on a decent event but Centenary is a much better venue. And BUCC quite entitled to make a pitch for a home Longy GF. I’m sure if your club finished undefeated on top of the ladder you would have a decent crack at it as well. East Sandy and Brighton Union did it for years and good luck to them. And while we have played 3 or 4 at home so far it evens up in the run home. Swings and roundabouts.

And we hardly need 8 flags in 9 years to be ‘satisfied’. We are happy with where we are at and have been for a long time. Success not always measured in premierships and the ability to ride out some tough years and still put out a good number of senior and junior teams every week is just as satisfying as winning flags but since it has been raised remember that BUCC were the club that managed to break East Sandy’s stunning run of Longy flags back in 06/07 and a have consistently won flags across all grades for many years. Add to that a sustained run of success at U16 level and we are well satisfied, even before the recent run of senior team success, which inevitably will come to an end at some stage. Satisfaction comes in different ways. For some it might be measured by avoiding relegation and staying in the top flight. It might even be the ability to be a little more gracious toward your neighbouring clubs very hard earned and well deserved recent success.

And PP have you not been to Bailey lately? Is not a fully fenced ground. The outfield is horrible (although better than recent years when it was downright dangerous) The playground was ripped out a month ago to accommodate the new car park and the entire area looks like a construction site. Add to that the fact that it is venue of choice for 90% of East Bentleigh’s dog walkers and we are grateful to be playing at Centenary.

Evening,

What a hive of activity and I see the faceless timepiece water vessel thimble is still talking about his infatuation with yesterdays hereos.Not sure where the vodoo tag came from but Simon certainly stood up and let the pathetic sundial and his Grammar school prose a bit of his sharp mind.Thanks Simon.

Parker hang in there you obviously have a bit more time on your hands,with the kids growing up, something the old boy doesn't these days so keep the billy boiling as you could be just the one to fill the huge void left by Merl's continued and likely much more to come absence from the BCF.

Chooka well done on your sustained success/efforts over a long period of time and I fully agree that success should not be judged on Premierships alone and if you build a good strong club with good people instead of a win at all costs with multitudes of foreign legion players who come and go causing fanta pants TPP problems, you may one day get the sundial to stop talking about yesterday's overpaid hereos.Chuck Murali into that lot and enough said!

The old boy is getting too old and unwell to be jousting with many of you young whipper snipers and have to regularly reach for the sick bag reading some of the rubbish served up.

Merl over and out

Chooka - best you do your research before making ill-informed comments like Bayside council impacted on Union hosting the semi final. I can assure you that is highly inaccurate.

Chooka - best you do your research before making ill-informed comments like Bayside council impacted on Union hosting the semi final. I can assure you that is highly inaccurate.

C’mon Mick that’s a tad harsh. My point was that BUCC did not ‘lobby’ to have the semi played at Centenary as was stated. It was my genuine belief based on what I had been told and what appeared to have been corroborated by a couple of other posters on here. From our own experiences with City of GE a decision like that would not entirely surprise. If I was incorrect then apologies. I’m big enough to admit if I made a blue but as stated it was genuine belief based on what I thought was solid info.

Back