City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

The Cowboys started the season well with a very important win against the disappointing Centrals. Good to see Burger amongst the runs. Good pick up by the cowboys to nab former Royal Brodie Lawford. A lot of years were invested in him by the Royals so they will be bitterly disappointed to lose such a good prospect. Speaking of which the Royals failed again when the heat was put on them. Mick was right, never write off the Juggernaut! It could be long season down at Royal Park. Lepage and their new recruit lived upto expectations and nearly pulled off a remarkable victory. They will be a danger team for all the top teams. Chelsea Heights were welcomed to Longmuir and were generously given a very modest score to chase down. Unfortunately they imploded. God knows what they would have made if it had not been for Ant Reid. The Beach Boys had their regulation win, with the Golfers unable to post a competitive score to pressure the Beach Boys. Uniting was untroubled in defeating the Spiders. Lalor looked in ominous form coming out at 3 and took command. It could be a long year for the Spiders with their bowling attack which looked very pedestrian.

SPONGE BOB top scored for the very disappointing Wash Ups despite only recently making acquaintances with his bat. Look forward to your summary SB.
The Royals had a mental explosion chasing the Juggernauts modest 112. At 4/90 with Stuart Campbell and Matthew Lloyd (and that bloody annoying smirk) at the crease to come you would have closed your book. A lot of soul searching needs to be done at the Royals. Uniting toyed with Hampton Uniting defeating them easily, whilst Ivan and the Ommies had a very comfortable win against the Hoops. The Weststars were happy to get onto the field and dismissed all the doom and gloom predictions by easily overcoming Mick’s Kookas. Cluden were very disappointing with no other batsmen prepared to support Josh Verlin with his heroic innings of 85.
Clock - we weren't that disappointing - missing Manders a couple of times early on in his innings hurt - so should probably have been chasing <140. Early days - long season ahead but some positives to come out of the game. They were 0/120 so to peg them back was a good effort in the end, and no doubt - given our lineup, should've made the runs, but you'd take 160+ on a slow ground this time of year! Hats of to Luke and his team... better team on the day!
Washups lucky they didn't get promoted. Their bowling attack would be laughable in longmuir.
and who are you?? enough said...

Can anyone confirm the rumour I heard today that a certain prize recruit - gun fast bowler - at Chelseas Heights has broken his wrist?? Out till Xmas I hear. Would be disastrous if it were true...back to Woolnough perhaps??
Your mail is very good quasimodo. I heard the same thing.;)

Royal Soul Searching after round 1 Clock? laughable.
Ant Reid handy pick up.
Units looked dangerous. Is Coles still playing 1s? handy bowler and only loyal bloke who didnt succumb to WB pressure.
LePage? Any truth the new lad has mates arriving there too?

Na he hasn't brought any new mates with him but we've got a few new players, friends of friends which has helped us get 5 senior teams this year.

and who are you?? enough said...

Hey Squarepants. You're a lot smarter than to get sucked in to rubbish by an anonymous kid. The Sharks bowling attack is the most rounded attack in Woolnough Shield. If some muppet reckons they're not up to it, then there are no bowling attacks in Woolnough good enough to go up.

Hey Squarepants. You're a lot smarter than to get sucked in to rubbish by an anonymous kid. The Sharks bowling attack is the most rounded attack in Woolnough Shield. If some muppet reckons they're not up to it, then there are no bowling attacks in Woolnough good enough to go up.

Some mycricket research shows last time in Longmuir their top 4 bowlers from the weekend took a combined 35 for 1273. I must admit I'm not very familiar with the bowling of Heywood, Verrall or Berriman. Are they good enough to make this attack competitive in the top grade?

Round 2
Brighton Union v Carnegie South
Hoops to post a huge score against the Spiders and win very comfortably.

Elwood v Bentleigh ANA
Back to the fortress for the Beach boys, and will win in a canter against the hapless Royals.

Bentleigh Uniting v Chelsea Heights
Second home game for Uniting and they will put the newly promoted Chelsea Heights to the sword.

Hampton Central v Kingston Heath
These two teams last met in Round 11 with the Golfers being successful. I expect Centrals to bounce back and even the score.

Mackie v Le Page Park
Le Page will be to strong for Mackie and will win easily.

East Sandringham Boys Club v West Bentleigh
The Juggernaut to overcome the Cowboys.

Round 2
Omega v Cluden
Ommies to overcome a disappointing Cluden.
Moorabbin West v Washington Park
Weststars will have their hands full as they host a fired up Wash Ups who will be looking to bounce back hard.
West Bentleigh v East Sandringham Boys Club
Juggernaut hung onto post a very good win in Round 1 but the Cowboys to be too strong over the Juggernaut..
Hampton United v Highett West
This one is a toss up as both teams have questionable batting line ups. Will go with Hampton Uniting in a close one.
Bentleigh ANA v Brighton Union
Hoops will be too strong for a very disappointing Royals.
Aspendale Gardens v Bentleigh Uniting
This will be a cracking match. Will tip Bentleigh Uniting to get up in a close one.
Army's Wanderers fresh from an emphatic first round win against the Spiders, pack their lunch as they head to Chelsea Heights and should get the chocloates.

My tips (which, like my hose racing tips, will probably prove infuriatingly incorrect).

Picking all the home teams. With Brighton Union to win by 30 points and Gregory to kick the first goal.

Brighton Union v Carnegie South
Elwood v Bentleigh ANA
Bentleigh Uniting v Chelsea Heights
Hampton Central v Kingston Heath
Mackie v Le Page Park
East Sandringham Boys Club v West Bentleigh

Spot on Clock, very disappointing Royals indeed.

After being on top for 90% of the game in Woolnough, we lost the unlosable game.

Not getting sucked in Mick - far from it. Just don't have a lot of time for people who get on here and bag out teams they know very little about :rolleyes:
Looks like he's done some stats now the ol gov' - never been big on those either - particularly some that old. From memory - we played Woolnough last year and did ok....
Why would anyone be worried right now - round 1, if we have an attack that can make it in Longy? I certainly aren't hence the care factor of a big fat ZERO.:D
All good at the Sharks - big game this weekend against the retired Worker and Wallace combo!

My tips for tound 2:

Brighton Union - too many runs for
Elwood - at home
Bentleigh Uniting - unbeatable !!!
Hampton Central - to bounce back
Le Page Park - in a tight game in the match of the round
East Sandy - good win last week, should win again

SpongeBob - nobody remembers if you win the grand final, whether you won round 1 or not. With the side you have you will bounce back.

Tips for Round 2:

Longmuir:
Brighton Union
Elwood
Bentleigh Uniting
Hampton Central
Le Page
E.S.B.C

Woolnough
Omega
Washington Park
West Bentleigh