City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Was hoping a few of the lads would throw the old grass in the air, prior to facing up, but to no avail! Congrats on the captaincy Sugar! Let the swearing and grey hair commence!

Good call Fantana pants, it will be funny to do a before and after picture match up of young Sugar (Sep.11) and captain Sugar (Mar.12).
Tips
Hoops - why does their bowling go for so many?
Woods - expect ANA to go close though
Uniting Juggernaut - Good luck Brad
Two Blues - by a whisker
LPP
East (Ex-Juggernaut)

Omega
Washups
ESBC
H.United
Hoops
Gardiners

Clock - we weren't that disappointing - missing Manders a couple of times early on in his innings hurt - so should probably have been chasing <140. Early days - long season ahead but some positives to come out of the game. They were 0/120 so to peg them back was a good effort in the end, and no doubt - given our lineup, should've made the runs, but you'd take 160+ on a slow ground this time of year! Hats of to Luke and his team... better team on the day!
and who are you?? enough said...

"SpongeBob" - Few interesting selections at the Washups last week

Your opening bowlers bowling just 5 and 6 overs between them
Your opening bat last year batting @ 9
Surely the heat must be well and truly turned up on these lads this week!

Can't wait for another season of CMCA cricket to begin...

Clocker has already had a go, so I'll have a crack at the Longmuir Ladder come March 3rd:

1. Bent Utg (Who would tip against them going back to back with the likes of Russell & Lalor still around)
2. Elwood (Marshall is the comps best all-round cricketer and will ensure the Beach boys are the main challengers)
3. Kingston Heath (I'm tipping the Golfers to be the suprise packets this season. De Zylva to add experience to young side)
4. East Sandy (Wanted to select them out of the four, but they simply have a winning culture that will get them over the line)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Union (They will be competitive enough but miss Ivan in the big games).
6. ANA (The return of Mikkelsen will see them thereabouts in most games).
7. Mackie (Were not suited by the one day comp we had last year, but can't see them figuring in March).
8. Chelsea Heights (Even with the big siginings Shelton & Reid, will struggle in their first year in the top flight).
9. Le Page Park (Hendy & McConchie hold the key to any chance they may have this year. No).
10. West Bentleigh (A club that has reached its zenith for the time being. Any of the bottom 4 could be relegated).
11. Carn Sth (Noombie & Handley aren't getting any younger).
12. Hamp Cent (Could well be the relegation decider this Saturday against the Cowboys).

Round 1 Selections:
Elwood to defeat Golfers narrowly
Union over Le Page with ease
West over Centrals in a thriller.
Uniting to thrash the Spiders - Lucky they meet them in a one dayer...
ANA over East Sandy in a nailbiter - Upset of the round
Chelsea to unfurl the Woolnough Flag and then get trounced by Mackie

Good luck to all

Quasi

Round 1 Review

5 from 6 - reasonable start, but I have learn't my lesson. Tip against East Sandy at your peril! Whilst one may call it an ANA choke, in reality it was the Juggernaut displaying their winning culture yet again and leaving all in their wake. Glen Phelan, take a bow for a great all round performance. Le Page were far from disgraced at home against the Hoops, new recruit, De Silva also impressing with bat and ball in a thriller. Are the Cowboys underrated or Centrals simply rank? I fear the latter, if one 'Growler' Morgan is easily posting a half ton. Elwood and Uniting treated their combatants with contempt as expected and Chelsea received a rude awakening to the might of Longmuir with a sub-standard performance at home, save for last minute heroics from debutante, Anthony Reid.

Round 2 Preview

Union over Carnegie easily (Cove and Kuzma may fire again)
Elwood over ANA comfortably (Mr Bunting was quiet last week, so expect a big game from Mr Cricket).
Uniting over Chelsea (Ant Reid injured and Bentleigh not losing for eighteen months. No brainer!)
Kingston Heath over Centrals just (Hampton were awful last week, but clearly this could go either way)
Mackie over The Panthers in a thriller (Were impressed by Le Page last week, but home ground advantage should see the lads from Coatesville through).
East Sandy over West narrowly (The depleted ranks, now present at Chisholm Reserve still administer fear. Whilst West have been competitve with The Juggernaut over the years, I can only see this going one way).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Brighton Union 1

v

Carnegie South 1

Elwood 1

v

Bentleigh ANA 1

Bentleigh Uniting 1

v

Chelsea Heights 1

Hampton Central 1

v

Kingston Heath 1

Mackie 1

v

Le Page Park 1

East Sandringham Boys Club 1

v

West Bentleigh 1

My Tips - can't possibly be as bad a week as last on the tipping front.

Brighton Union v Carnegie South -can't see the Spiders troubling the Hoops.
Elwood v Bentleigh ANA - Beach too good.
Bentleigh Uniting v Chelsea Heights - Chelsea will struggle to get a win before Xmas.
Hampton Central v Kingston Heath - Centrals won't win many with the side they put up last week.
Mackie v Le Page Park - Toss of the coin favoured the Sri Lankan import.
East Sandringham Boys Club v West Bentleigh - Boys Club in a canter.

Omegav Cluden - Almiento's Sydney wedding crippling the club.
Bentleigh ANA v Brighton Union - Hoops comfortably.
Aspendale Gardens v Bentleigh Uniting - Could go either way. It's Manders or bust for the Gardeners.
Hampton United v Highett West - full strength Kookas to salute on the "new" Sillitoe.
West Bentleigh v East Sandrigham Boys Club - Should be close. East get a couple back for this one.
Moorabbin West v Washington Park - Moorabbin West won't win many more this year.

Brighton Union v Carnegie South
Elwood v Bentleigh ANA -
Bentleigh Uniting v Chelsea Heights
Hampton Central v Kingston Heath -
Mackie v Le Page Park -
East Sandringham Boys Club v West Bentleigh

If i can i will must certainly be involved with the Chelsea Heights CC, could be the only reason why you would throw a tip away by picking them

Longy
Union [ in a close one ]
Beach boys [ royals depth tested ]
Uniting [ could be an outright ]
Golfers [ centrals in trouble ]
Machine [ at home ]
Gold caps [ bowling is suspect ]

Wooly
Cluden [ ommies have too many outs ]
Wash ups [ this will be closer than you think ]
Gold caps [ in a close one ]
Micks mob [ where to for the old purple and gold ]
Union [ only just both teams tested for depth ]
Uniting [ big test for the gardens ]

Round 1 Review

5 from 6 - reasonable start, but I have learn't my lesson. Tip against East Sandy at your peril! Whilst one may call it an ANA choke, in reality it was the Juggernaut displaying their winning culture yet again and leaving all in their wake. Glen Phelan, take a bow for a great all round performance. Le Page were far from disgraced at home against the Hoops, new recruit, De Silva also impressing with bat and ball in a thriller. Are the Cowboys underrated or Centrals simply rank? I fear the latter, if one 'Growler' Morgan is easily posting a half ton. Elwood and Uniting treated their combatants with contempt as expected and Chelsea received a rude awakening to the might of Longmuir with a sub-standard performance at home, save for last minute heroics from debutante, Anthony Reid.

Round 2 Preview

Union over Carnegie easily (Cove and Kuzma may fire again)
Elwood over ANA comfortably (Mr Bunting was quiet last week, so expect a big game from Mr Cricket).
Uniting over Chelsea (Ant Reid injured and Bentleigh not losing for eighteen months. No brainer!)
Kingston Heath over Centrals just (Hampton were awful last week, but clearly this could go either way)
Mackie over The Panthers in a thriller (Were impressed by Le Page last week, but home ground advantage should see the lads from Coatesville through).
East Sandy over West narrowly (The depleted ranks, now present at Chisholm Reserve still administer fear. Whilst West have been competitve with The Juggernaut over the years, I can only see this going one way).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Have you got any idea?? care to put some $$ where your big gob is there Quasi!!

at least if your going to pass judgement, get your reporting/ facts straight champ.:rolleyes:

My Tips-

Union
Elwood
Uniting
Centrals
Pageys ( DK has hurt the pagers attack a few times over the years, maybe the new recruit can change that??)
E Sandy

Walnut= Care factor!!

To North Clubs DPP if you can get your tips in it would appreciated.
Centrals-v-Golfers seems to be the match where the money is evenly split.
Le Page-v-Mackie has attracted some money for the machine.Looks like a great day, Just hope it holds.
Good luck to all.

Manders will make 800 runs & take 50 wickets at this rate. As for the Wash Ups game, that's a bit of a turn up. Moorabbin West aren't much chop once you take out Macca, Bottsy & Aydin. Says a bit when Macca is the best bat in the side. He's still a good bat, but shouldn't really trouble too many sides unless they allow him to dictate terms with his one ball an over swipe. Couple of early wickets next week and Spongebobs boys should get the points. I presume Bottsy and/or Aydin cleaned up with the ball?

Mick,

Bottsy didn't bowl yesterday along with a couple of other outs so all in all a good day for us yesterday, granted there is still a lot of cricket left to be played in this game.would take bowling any side out for 120 odd every week though

To Mick and others,

I am sick of reading this rubbish of how we depend on Macca, Aydin and myself. Last year it Wallace and Worker. We have so much young talent that are now getting their chance to shine as Andy O'Leary showed yesterday in only his second game in the firsts. This is also proven by the fact that our two's made the finals last year for the first time since I've been at the club.

Of course we have a certain reliance on our opening batters and bowlers. Um, der, doesn't every cricket team!

I think you should be worried about your own club that we all know is already playing in what will be the match to fight off relegation.

Back