City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Tbh I don't really give a toss what you think mentalist or JL, funny how JL applauded my comments on the manders situation then jumps on to the backside of mentalist n turns!
Then mentalist has a crack about butting in then his next post butts in on a convo between clocker n PP......very amusing, tbh if I ruin your big cricket experience I am not bothered and will continue to do so and even if I travel further from the shores of oz I will continue to do so if just to ruin things for these hidden posters!

Lucky enough for me you all post when I am asleep so works out well that I can sleep easy at night.

Re: chubbs been carrying his groin for years carried it in 2005-06 but still didn't stop him bowling 25 straight overs in the GF winning us the flag, you will never stop him from playing n you will never take the ball out of his hand, he stands up when needed every single time!

Nice idea in theory Clock but not sure you can bring in umpires half way through a game when one team got to bat last week with their mates umpiring, one particular umpiring decision in the Mackie v Redbacks Quiney game last week resulted in some heated words, the umpire decided to raise the finger after an LBW shout before deciding to retract the decision, even the Mackie supporters suggested LBWs may not be common this upcoming Saturday

Understand where you are coming from and the convention within the competition has been that an umpire will not be appointed during the course of a game unless anarchy is beckoning ; but clearly we have three umpires that maybe be used for no longer than half an hour today; I accept that Mackie will not receive too many affirmatives with their LBW appeals, however what is that telling you about the way the game will be heading today? No LBW's, the batting team need to win for a finals spot.If wickets fall, then do the snicks and run outs also get overlooked? Absolutely, and it does nothing for the game. I am not casting aspersions on the Spiders that they intend to cheat their way into a final, but you can see how events could become farcical. You put an umpire in control you allow both teams to focus on the game at hand and not let the match get out of control.
The Laws of cricket state:
2.Change of umpire
An umpire shall not be changed during the match, other than in exceptional circumstances, unless he is injured or ill. If there has to be a change of umpire, the replacement shall act only as striker’s end umpire unless the captains agree that he should take full responsibility as an umpire.

it does not state that an umpire cannot be appointed during the course of a match.

Not necessarily, Clocker. I played in a game recently with an umpire beyond competent. He's a blight on the game. He's inability to umpire & control a game was unacceptable. My behaviour was enough for me to formally apologise to both teams after the game, but I should've been sanctioned on & off the park. I'd like to think my record speaks for itself with respect to how I conduct myself, but this individual brought out a side of me I didn't realise was there. I'd much prefer club umpires than have the person in question cos at least you know what you're going to get with a club umpire. And if you feel they're not doing their job properly they can be replaced. Said person would cause anarchy given the high emotion involved in playing for a finals berth.

Fellas, on the Ernst thing. He's got every right to post on here whether you agree with it or not - or even whether you like him or not. The kid's a passionate cricket person who cut his teeth in the CMCA and still likes to follow what's happening. His English is horrific and he's not the brightest candle during a power outage, but he's an avid student of the game and he means well. Like many, I wish he wouldn't post 95% of the crap he does, but if you don't like it, ignore it. Simple.

Not necessarily, Clocker. I played in a game recently with an umpire beyond competent. He's a blight on the game. He's inability to umpire & control a game was unacceptable. My behaviour was enough for me to formally apologise to both teams after the game, but I should've been sanctioned on & off the park. I'd like to think my record speaks for itself with respect to how I conduct myself, but this individual brought out a side of me I didn't realise was there. I'd much prefer club umpires than have the person in question cos at least you know what you're going to get with a club umpire. And if you feel they're not doing their job properly they can be replaced. Said person would cause anarchy given the high emotion involved in playing for a finals berth.

Know exactly what you mean and totally agree. I should have put the caveat that the umpire has to be competant otherwise it is a waste of time.There have been some beauties over the years, but that is another story. My point was that when we identify that something that improve the competition we should do it.
With respect to Brett, I totally concur with your sentiment.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire
...well maybe not to the death for Brett, but you get the jist.

You've got way to much to say mick ! Maybe just respect the fact that someone has offered the time to spend the afternoon umpiring muppets like you ! Clearly he had the last laugh with your apology to both clubs !! Pull your head in !!!

Well another season ends, albeit in an anti climax which has probably summed up the season; Round 4 & 11 washed out. In Quiney grade The Spiders and Ommies would be gutted; not even getting a chance to play for a win. Mad Monday for those not participating in finals; and for the proactive clubs, the planning for next season commences.

Well done to Jimmy on winning the tipping competition.I will make sure something finds its way to you in the next few weeks which you will hopefully enjoy.

Jimmy Olson 36
Quasimodo 35
Uncle Mick 35
IF I Can I Will 35
Peter Parker 35

Notable mention to Quasimodo for his insight and logical reasoning although it never always worked out. You obviously spent a lot of time compiling the information so well done.

IICW & Peter Parker for their contributions throughout the year and no doubt Peter will be watching his beloved Carnegie South during the finals. Uncle Mick controversial, moody with his dark side simmering just beneath the surface always thereabouts and can never be discarded in any tipping contest.

If Mick was a horse and as a trainer you were considering options to keep focused what would you do?:
(a) Put blinkers on him
(b) Tie his tongue
(c) Geld him
(d) Put him down and claim the insurance.

Some would say all of the above, however I am not one for them.

Thanks to all who participated during the year and made it easy to run by promptly getting your tips in on time.

Interesting that the Weststars managed to get onto the park, and put up a valiant effort. With all the Longmuir and 5 of the 6 Woolnough matches washed out, I cannot see why they played as the 50% rule would have been invoked. Bad luck Bottsy, you gave it a great shake this year and hopefully the young ones will take the next step.Your seconds have a big job to overcome Southside in D grade but anything can happen in the finals.

CMCA Finals Week 1 2011 / 2012

Longmuir
2nd Semi Bentleigh Uniting v Carnegie Sth Centenary Park
1st Semi ESBC v Kingston Heath Chisolm Reserve

Woolnough
2nd Semi Aspendale Gardens v Washington Park Glen Street Reserve
1st Semi Omega v Bentleigh Uniting Bricker Reserve

QUINEY
2nd Semi Washington Park v Le Page Park Packer Reserve
1st Semi Melbourne Wanderers v Bentleigh Uniting Fawkner Park 1

D Grade
2nd Semii Southside East Caulfiekd v Moorabbin West East Caulfield 1
1st Semi ESBC v Bentleigh Uniting Highett West 1

E Grade
2nd Semi Washington Park v Shamrock King George 1
1st Semi Melbourne Hellenic v Aspendale Gardens Peanut Farm

F Grade
2nd Semi Washington Park v Cheltenham Park Cheltenham Park
1st Semi Elwood v West Bentleigh Elwood Park 1

G Grade
2nd Semi Mackie v Melbourne Wanderers Mackie Reserve
1st Semi East Bentleigh Central v Aspendale Gardens King George 2

H Grade
2nd Semi Brighton District v Kingston Heath Dendy Park West
1st Semi Chelsea Heights v Pending Protest Beazley Reserve

I Grade
2nd Semi Mackie v Moorabbin Park Bailey Park
1st Semi Melbourne Helenic v Cluden Simpson Reserve

PROTEST
By Southside East Caulfield in game against East Bentleigh Central in H Grade.
Pending on CMCA Executive outcome either Southside East Caulfield or Bentleigh Uniting will finish in 4th position on the
ladder in H Grade.

Jimmy,

Congratulations on your hollow victory in the prestigious Merlot Horlicks tipping competition hijacked and unnamed by Banderas on horseback.At least the opinionated, self efacing one could give some credit to all the work the old boy did in setting up the comp and a very successful orgainising and running of it for several years.But that's like thinking Zeberas will change their stripes!

You join such luminarys as Ordinary Bloke ,myself and I think P Dogs Pizza?, as previous winners and if ordinary bloke still has the prestigious trophy maybe he and I could present it to you at your radio program?

I hear yesterday you wheeled in Condalezza to replace you as you went awol and I could at least understand Hammer while Trigga and Condelezza were almost inconherent!

I see congress hasn't improved much in my lengthy absence and Joe Public still have to rely on you and the BCF for their dose of finals info as the overated website was both slow and inadequate with the information posted on it!

Uncle Mick my good friend keep up the good work as in the vein of the legendary Don Chipp you continue to keep the bas... ds honest and keep serving it up to those BBQ's in blue as you are well qualified to comment given your brief sojurn as one many years ago whilst recoverying from your knee injury.Merl actually watched your commanding presence out in the middle on several occassions.

I see the child is still throwing the toys out of the cot over in the UK and using incoherent letters in his posts that the old boy is most unfamiliar with but by his own reckoning he is asleep at the moment which is a good thing for both us at the BCF and the toys in the cot.

Have enjoyed the work/posts of the many newcomers on the BCF which is a breath of fresh air compared with the horse backed one's dominating over the top egotisical diatribe shoved down our throats.

Simon Baker seems to know his stuff and now that Peter Parker's kids are growing up he seems to have moved up the ladder just like his beloved ants have done under the astute command of Bruce Haley.

Time for Merl to ride off into the Banderas sunset

Merl over and out.

Longmuir Shield:

2nd semi final
Bentleigh Uniting VS Carnegie south

Keys:

Bentleigh : Russell
Carnegie : Collison

Uniting has once again had a great year but big improvers Carnegie have surprised a few by only losing 1 game, Carnegie continue to make average scores but have the bowlers too back it. Think Bentleigh's batting Depth will pull through for this one though!

Bentleigh by 50 runs.

1st semi:
ESBCC VS Kingston Heath

keys:
ESBCC : Dallas
kingston Heath : Shiroman

Kingston beat east in there last encounter but too beat them twice in a row and in a final they surely can't do. East have a strong batting line up but the bowling is the missing peace of the puzzle, expect Luke Dallas to roll the wing over again which is a massive boost.

ESBCC by 75 runs

WOOLNOUGH SHIELD:

2nd semi final:

Asependale Gardens VS Washington Park

Gardens :)

1st semi final:

Omega VS Bentleigh Uniting

keys:

Omega : Delac
Bentleigh Uniting : C.Manakis

Omega after being on top of the ladder have finished 3rd after a tough run home. Uniting hovered around 4th position all year by beating the teams they should and shouldn't, these 2 met last week and if hadn't been washed out Uniting would have been embarrassed, this time around I'm backing Uniting too turn it around with there batting to get going, should Uniting post a decent score I believe Omega can be restricted, keeping in mind Delac not once has made a big score this year, This weekend could be the weekend???

Uniting by 20 runs.

Assuming each team will bat first, Luke?

Early forecast is for a shower or 2 on both days of the weekend. Fingers crossed it's not enough to impact on getting a result.

One can see why you prefer to play with club umpires UM, i seem to remember in a recent game at Bailey that some of your club umpires were more than incompetent, especially when it came down to the wire and had to adjudicate an obvious LBW.
As far as your comment goes about being, Quote- he's a blight on the game, i would suggest you keep your mouth quiet, as from all accounts, you were very lucky not get a good holiday after your performance.

You've got way to much to say mick ! Maybe just respect the fact that someone has offered the time to spend the afternoon umpiring muppets like you ! Clearly he had the last laugh with your apology to both clubs !! Pull your head in !!!

Well said RR,
If Mick was a horse and as a trainer you were considering options to keep focused what would you do?:
(a) Put blinkers on him
(b) Tie his tongue
(c) Geld him
(d) Put him down and claim the insurance.

Some would say all of the above, however I am not one for them.
I'LL vote for the A,B,& C.

Tips for the finals;
Longy
Uniting to give the spiders a serious touch up.
Heath - Is there a cricket god to rid us of the gold caps, lets hope ?
Wooly
Wash-ups, manders due to fail
Uniting - Ommies under too much pressure from within
Good luck to all, lets hope the weather is with us.

No porkies UM, I'd say a convenient loss of memory from your good self.
Its pretty easy for you work out.

If you're talking about the E Grade game in Rd.10 then you've clearly been misled. Probably best to worry about your own backyard than to pass comment on a game you weren't at.

Yes Merlot, I was a winner of the Cricket Tipping competition think I was the inaugural winner....still waiting for my award haha!! Haven't been as solid the last couple of season.
Good luck to all in the finals will the Gardeners get up riding on the back Manders?

If you're talking about the E Grade game in Rd.10 then you've clearly been misled. Probably best to worry about your own backyard than to pass comment on a game you weren't at.

Dearest UM, '' presuming once again '' unfortunately unlike your good self i tend not to make comments unless i'm more than certain of what i'm saying is correct.
In this case, the LBW which was clearly plumb, was given not out by your teamate, and if my memory serves me right, your no-8 was hit at least 4 to 5 times on the pads, same decision by the same team mate.
I suppose that didn't have any affect on the result DID IT.

Back