Cmca 2012/13

How are the snakes going Sugar? The first bite is always the most painful. After that you get used to it. A true Queenslander finishes every sentence with ay, so you have a lot of work ahead of you…ay.

The Royals have certainly done well and finally everyone seems to be playing to their potential. The game against Mackie will be a beauty as both teams match up evenly and it is effectively a 12 point match for both teams. If the Royals win then they can just about sew up 2nd spot! If Mackie win then they are almost guaranteed a finals spot.

Season ending matches for both the Juggernaut and the Beach Boys, whilst the Spiders have a difficult run home and they will have to earn a finals spot. If it is true that the Washups are still looking to add to their list then they will be up there. Very impressive effort if they can do it.

A finals without the Juggernaut is almost a foregone conclusion. When was the last time they watched on?
I think Jimmy was still playing.

WIP you would be very happy with the Westars at this point in time. Leroy seems to cranking it up a few levels at Omega and adding a few more players to his list. They are also starting to look very menacing with that strong batting line up.

Uniting and Centrals have a lot of work to do if they want to play finals. Another close finish in Woolnough which has been the staus quo for this grade. Great stuff. Happy New year to all.

A pretty impressive bowling performance by Le Page's "feeble" attack on saturday. Justin Greer (5/45 off 15) & Oshan De Silva (3/51 off 19) bowling quick and getting good movement. Spinner Scott Hendy returning helped with 2/26 off 14.
As we all know, it makes a massive difference when you can get close to your best side on the park.
Only a new recruit for East Sandy could bat for an extended time, Brett Hampton made 76 not out.

Looks like a ripper contest next week!

Yep, all out for 125 making it a 'ripping' 0-7. Hope your christmas was more of a ripper than that :D

How are the snakes going Sugar? The first bite is always the most painful. After that you get used to it. A true Queenslander finishes every sentence with ay, so you have a lot of work ahead of you…ay.

The Royals have certainly done well and finally everyone seems to be playing to their potential. The game against Mackie will be a beauty as both teams match up evenly and it is effectively a 12 point match for both teams. If the Royals win then they can just about sew up 2nd spot! If Mackie win then they are almost guaranteed a finals spot.

Season ending matches for both the Juggernaut and the Beach Boys, whilst the Spiders have a difficult run home and they will have to earn a finals spot. If it is true that the Washups are still looking to add to their list then they will be up there. Very impressive effort if they can do it.

A finals without the Juggernaut is almost a foregone conclusion. When was the last time they watched on?
I think Jimmy was still playing.

WIP you would be very happy with the Westars at this point in time. Leroy seems to cranking it up a few levels at Omega and adding a few more players to his list. They are also starting to look very menacing with that strong batting line up.

Uniting and Centrals have a lot of work to do if they want to play finals. Another close finish in Woolnough which has been the staus quo for this grade. Great stuff. Happy New year to all.

Clock how was it a season ending match for the Juggies? They won.

Still hanging on just i reckon. Wont want to lose another though, or will have to rely on CS and Washups to lose. And they have Uniting coming, which will be a tough game and a good contest

Clock how was it a season ending match for the Juggies? They won.
(referring to their upcoming encounter with the WashUps.If they lose it is season ending)
Still hanging on just i reckon. Wont want to lose another though, or will have to rely on CS and Washups to lose. And they have Uniting coming, which will be a tough game and a good contest

Sides above you have a decent gap and apart from winning every game the Juggernaut needs results to go their way. End of an era unfortunately.

Tips after Round 7:

Current Tipsters Table after Round 7:
BILLY THE KID 2 4 6 4 5 4 5 30
GOLF 1 5 5 5 5 4 5 30
JIMMY 3 3 5 4 4 4 5 28
CLOCKER 2 3 6 4 4 4 5 28
North Clubs don't pay 2 3 5 5 4 4 4 27
Post Mortem 1 3 4 5 5 4 5 27
QUASIMODO 2 2 6 4 4 4 4 26
IF I CAN I WILL 1 3 4 4 4 5 4 25
Peter Parker 2 2 4 3 5 4 4 24
UNCLE MICK 1 3 5 4 4 5 0 22
Bit rich 3 2 4 4 5 0 3 21
Captain Who 2 1 6 3 5 3 0 20
No Fox 1 3 5 0 5 0 014
Past hack 2 1 5 5 0 0 0 13

Longmuir

Round 8:

Brighton Union v Le Page Park
Bentleigh Uniting v Chelsea Heights
Kingston Heath v West Bentleigh
Mackie v Bentleigh ANA
East Sandringham Boys Club v Washington Park
Elwood v Carnegie South

Woolnough

Round 8:

Washington Park v East Sandringham Boys Club
West Bentleigh v Highett West
Aspendale Gardens v Bentleigh Uniting
Hampton United v Omega
Moorabbin West v Cluden
Bentleigh ANA v Hampton Central

Snakes are going well, including the one in my backyard.

Big game this round no doubt... second half of the year needs to be just as good as the first to silence the critics.

Big finish, should be a cracking last 4 rounds
Longmuir
Round 8:
Le Page Park
Bentleigh Uniting
Kingston Heath
Mackie

East Sandringham Boys Club
Carnegie South

Woolnough
Round 8:
Washington Park
West Bentleigh
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
Moorabbin West
Hampton Central

Longy:
Le Page
Uniting
Kingston Heath
Mackie
East Sandy
Spiders

Woolnough:
Washington Park
Highett West
Uniting
Us
Westars
Centrals

Tips for Round 8:

Brighton Union v Le Page Park
Bentleigh Uniting v Chelsea Heights
Kingston Heath v West Bentleigh
Mackie v Bentleigh ANA
East Sandringham Boys Club v Washington Park
Elwood v Carnegie South

Wash ups over Chelsea just (Strange as it may sound, one must place the boys from Packer Park into finals calculations and whilst this column is not convinced of their mettle against the competitions elite, you’d think they’d get over the line here. No certainty though as Chelsea pushed the Spiders all the way last time out and I rate these two teams as very even. Ryan Heywood to prove the difference).

Uniting over the Machine just (Top of the table clash at Centenary is clear match of the round and should be a high standard game of much pressure. A great deal of interest with the toss and who is therefore able to put runs on the board and gain the psychological edge – although the forecast rain may place a spanner in the works as teams ponder bowling - Cannot select against Uniting even if Chubb’s does not come up from injury due to the guns they have in reserve. Tommy Backman to make a big score).

Union over the Golfers just (You just have to select Union on form due to the current ‘purple patch’ their Captain Darian Kuzma is in. Throw in Covey and Bell and their top end players are clearly better than the home side’s. The Heath will look to Pasialis with the ball to give them some hope, but they will just fall short).

Carn Sth over West Bentleigh easily (The Cowboys have often pummelled the Spiders in years gone by, but that was when Damien Casey was playing and Chopper Reid was still thundering in. It is a far different West outfit these days, as it is with Carnegie whose imports such as Lewis and Pereira have put a real polish on a finely run Bruce Haley unit. Can only go one way surely).

ESBC over Le Page easily (If I get this selection wrong I will begin following Richmond in the AFL. Guy Martyn and Mark Deveraux will feast on the Panthers feeble attack and post a 300 plus total if they bat first. Could be an outright on the cards if they bowl).

Elwood over ANA just (Real test for ANA in this one and I will be completely sold if they can beat the Beach Boys. However, Chawla and De Haan will bamboozle the home side who will struggle against two quality spinners. Biggsy is ANA’s hope and if he can get some support they are a chance, but Elwood possess the bigger guns in my view).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Round 7 Review

4/6 (26/42 cumulative) was a fair return but many punters rightly selected the Golfers at home, who in typically slow going at Southern Reserve restricted Union to 158 and then eked out the runs on the back of Skipper, Troy Warner’s masterful 72. A handy six points indeed that sees the Heath out of danger for the moment. Similarly ANA triumphed against a bitterly disappointing Elwood team that displayed little of the fight it has been renowned for in recent seasons. The Royals’ key contributors were the cream in Biggs and Dolman who have secured ANA’s best Xmas ranking in years.

Elsewhere, Carnegie South survived a scare against The Cowboys who showed about as much application in their batting as Mark Philippoussis did towards the Davis Cup. Gihan Perera was the only batsman of the two sides to pass thirty and won the game along with Skipper, John Collison who bagged a ‘michelle’. The Spiders batting depth continues to be a worry but they sure put it in the right areas when in the field and are right in the mix.

I never even had to enquire about membership packages on the Tigers website as The Juggies result was never in doubt, even if Le Page thought they had done well in restricting East Sandy to 190. The truth is they realistically could’ve defended that total against anyone in the comp, particularly if it were a final which unofficially it was for the Nine time Longmuir Premiers, new boy Brett Hampton fired in his first game for East.

Speaking of ease, the way in which Uniting chased down The Machines 260 in front of their adoring home fans had a hint of well-founded arrogance and superiority If Mackie are the second best team in the comp, then we may as well hand over the Longmuir Shield right away such was the magnitude of the Bentleigh win. Simon Richards continued the form that gives him claims to the title of the competitions Premier Batsman. It is absurd that Luke Manders cannot even get a hit at present and Uniting are the clearly the team to beat, but I made the mistake of declaring they were over the line last season…

The closest game of the round came at Packer Park where Luke Shelton almost bowled the Heighters to victory. The Wash Ups doing just enough to hold on by two wickets thanks to excellent knocks from Pryde and Finney. Chelsea are too good a side to be in 10th position and many would argue Washington Park are playing above themselves, but that is the beauty of Sport where wins and losses are the determining factor rather than personnel or potential.

Round 8 Preview

Realistically 6 teams are going for three finals spots and whilst ANA would have to do a lot wrong in the latter half of the season to miss, even they are not safe. Any of the bottom five could be relegated, but Le Page and West Bentleigh are playing with the least conviction, their fixture in a couple of rounds probably the decider in that battle.

Union over Le Page easily (Whilst it would not surprise me if the Panthers got close, one cannot select them against anyone at present and I feel Union will win this with ease and ensure their survival for another season. Darian Kuzma to be the difference).

Uniting over Chelsea easily (It doesn’t get any easier for the Heighters who face the competitions elite who will win this regardless of how well they play. Just for arguments sake, I reckon Glen Lalor will get the high bat).

West over The Golfers just (Some will say I’m crazy to select the Cowboys and they may be right, but their batting is the only thing letting them down at present. Stacy Brown and Chopper Reid are a fine opening duo full of experience and class who should rip through the Golfers top order. Warner and Shiroman will be Kingston Heath’s key men as they look to post a total and Adam Williams will fancy his chances against West’s brittle top order, but my spies tell me Damien Casey is back and this should allow Chris Fidler and Ben Lydster a little more freedom to score. West just).

Mackie over ANA just (I have changed my mind on this one twice already, but it is wise to go with the devil you know and The Machine at home are always hard to beat. The winner – particularly if it is ANA – may well secure the double chance. Kinsella and Park were no match for Lalor and co. last time out, but should bowl effectively enough to choke ANA’s best. Keith Biggs is the key as he is good enough to win the game off his own bat, but I suspect he may have to do the bulk of the scoring).

East Sandy over WP just (Each game is a mini-final for the Juggies and on that proviso alone, who could possibly select against them. Mark Deveraux should feast on the Wash Ups attack and allow East to post an imposing total. The Sharks have surprised me time and time again this season however and will ensure they at least go down fighting. Mark Oaten and Gareth Finney the keys for the visitors but East always do enough).

Elwood over Spiders just (Another intriguing matchup here as the Beach Boys, like East Sandy are playing a mini Elimination Final each round. I suspect much will depend if any of Elwood top order can keep out Handley and Collison as they bowl with great discipline. Similarly, if Tommy Lewis can fire for the Spiders, then the result may be a forgone conclusion. I will back Rob De Haan to make sure this does not occur).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Longmuir Shield
Brighton Union
Bentleigh Uniting
Kingston Heath
Bentleigh ANA
East Sandringham
Carnegie South

Woolnough Shield
East Sandringham
Highett West
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
Moorabbin West
Hampton Central

Great win 2day by the Under 21's in their Semi Final vs Box Hill Reporter DCA.

BHRDCA 98 all out (33 ovs)
CMCA 5/99 (30 ovs)

U21's Final is on Feb 3 at the Junction Oval, St Kilda starting at 11am vs Dandenong District CA.
The more support the better from the CMCA Community as the U/21's look to go Back 2 Back!!!

Back