Cmca 2012/13

Hey Clocker, I know these are late, but if you could take my word that these were my tips I'd appreciate it.

Brighton Union v Le Page Park
Bentleigh Uniting v Chelsea Heights
Kingston Heath v West Bentleigh
Mackie v Bentleigh ANA
East Sandringham Boys Club v Washington Park
Elwood v Carnegie South

Cheers.

Mick,
All you have to do is ask and it shall be included. If you say nothing you get nothing.
Give me your tips and I will include them and update the ladder. Just to be fair to the leaders, as of Round 9 no late tips will be accepted.

Tips after Round 8:

Current Tipsters Table after Round 8:

BILLY THE KID 2 4 6 4 5 4 5 6 36
GOLF 1 5 5 5 5 4 5 4 34
CLOCKER 2 3 6 4 4 4 5 5 33
JIMMY 3 3 5 4 4 4 5 4 32
Post Mortem 1 3 4 5 5 4 5 5 32
UNCLE MICK 1 3 5 4 4 5 4 4 30
North Clubs don't pay 2 3 5 5 4 4 4 2 29
QUASIMODO 2 2 6 4 4 4 4 3 29
Peter Parker 2 2 4 3 5 4 4 4 28
IF I CAN I WILL 1 3 4 4 4 5 4 2 27
Bit rich 3 2 4 4 5 0 3 3 24

The wheels have fallen off the Mackie Machine as they imploded chasing a modest score. Not sure they will recover from that loss.They now face their nemesis in the Cowboys who have their own relegation worries and must win to avoid playing in Woolnough next season. The Juggernaut are loitering in fifth spot, but still have to play Uniting in Round 10. The Washups have their destiny in their own hands. Three wins and they could sneak into the finals. The final toss of the dice for the Panthers against their traditional rivals in Kingston Heath in what will be a hard fought game.

What a pity that the Round 11 clash between the Royals and the Spiders which could effectively decide 2nd spot and a double chance, will be a one day game.Not the best preparation for finals. Hope it doesn’t rain.

Longmuir

Round 9:

Washington Park -v- Elwood
West Bentleigh -v- Mackie
Chelsea Heights -v- East Sandringham Boys Club
Carnegie South -v- Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page Park -v- Kingston Heath
Bentleigh ANA -v- Brighton Union

Woolnough

Round 9:

Cluden v Bentleigh ANA
Bentleigh Uniting v Hampton United
Highett West v Moorabbin West
Hampton Central v West Bentleigh
East Sandringham Boys Club v Aspendale Gardens
Omega v Washington Park

It's an interesting road home for the top 4 or 5. Carnegie South, Mackie and Bentleigh ANA don't have the easiest of roads home to the end of the season and while the current top 4 will spend rounds stealing points off each other, East Sandy will be quietly doing their thing and preparing to burst into the top 4.

I think all remaining rounds will be fought very hard and round 11 should shape up to be one of the best. As you say Clocker, it's a pity it's a one dayer, but you can always make the most of the Round 11 one dayer by rocking up to Carnegie South's Past Players Day at Lord Reserve and spend the arvo exchanging tall tales of CMCA's glory days!

The wheels have fallen off the Mackie Machine as they imploded chasing a modest score. Not sure they will recover from that loss.
Clock, the last two games ANA have won against Elwood & Mackie have led to comments on this forum that the losing teams failed dismally. Instead, maybe the focus should be on giving credit to ANA's bowling attack. The relentless pressure on Saturday put on by Dolman & Lee highlights their status in the competition, and I think it gets missed for the sake of sinking the boots into the losing side.

Also the under 14 Russell Allen Shield won yesterday and the under 21s are in the grand final on February 21st at the Junction Oval, so we are going for 4 wins.

I reckon Sugar has a point, how these 2 bowlers go, so ANA goes. They have been held together by Biggsy a couple of times but otherwise their batting has had pretty even team contributions although they have left a lot to their "tail" a few times but they seem to get quick starts (even with wickets falling) so run rate is rarely an issue. Biggest plus - improved fielding.
Round 9:
Washington Park -v- Elwood - now I'm off bandwagon Elwood will probably fire
West Bentleigh-v- Mackie - bury the bogey?? 10 years.....really!!!
Chelsea Heights -v- East Sandringham Boys Club - Heights might give them a fright though
Carnegie South -v- Bentleigh Uniting - Have Redbacks learned anything?
Le Page Park -v- Kingston Heath - have to win one eventually - full team?
Bentleigh ANA-v- Brighton Union - doing nothing wrong
Woolnough
Cluden v Bentleigh ANA - If they could make 160-180 each week would be in the mix
Bentleigh Uniting v Hampton United
Highett West v Moorabbin West - bowlers to click against fragile line up
Hampton Central v West Bentleigh - can't afford loss
East Sandringham Boys Club v Aspendale Gardens
Omega v Washington Park - acid test for Jaws 2

Round 8 Review

3/6 (29/48 cumulative) was another sub-standard return from a season of tipping I am increasingly trying to forget. Biggsy and Dolman got the job done for ANA in a thriller against Mackie that may well secure the double chance for the Royals. Shiroman ensured the Golfers safety against the Cowboys in a match that never really hit any heights and Rudi Schleiger destroyed the Elwood boys at the beach cancelling any plans The Beach Boys held for March. Elsewhere, Union defeated Le Page with relative ease, a Manders Masterclass pummelled Chelsea and East Sandy of course won when I it counted perhaps eroding the finals hopes of the boys from Packer Park in the process.

Round 9 Preview

Wash Ups over Elwood just (Like many others on this forum, I have given up on the Beach Boys, Verrall and Oaten to be the match winners for the home side)

Mackie over West just (I do not believe in hoodoo's, but if I did this would be the one. Seven seasons of Longmuir and no wins for the Machine against the Cowboys! However, equally significant is that Rusty Homes is no longer with West and he was normally the difference in these encounters. Craig Park and Colin Kinsella to expose the Cowboys brittle batting yet again).

East over Chelsea (The Juggies will be hoping West Bentleigh will keep the run against Mackie going, because if they do, East Sandy will be in the four come Saturday week. I'm sure the Chisholm Reserve stalwarts such as John Jones would've loved Anton Duddy's significant contribution with the bat last time out. Juggies easily here).

Uniting over Carn Sth just (Match of the day for sure and I am not quite sure why some out there in CMCA circles still doubt the Spiders, as their bowling is the equal of any team in the competition from a discipline perspective. Question marks still persist over their batting depth and this will be the difference in this intriguing Round 9 fixture. I'd be surprised if Simon Richards failed again and Chubbs is Due to take a bundle of wickets. Pereira and Lewis the keys to the Spiders success).

Golfers over Le Page just ( The Panthers simply have to win, but have seldom looked likely in 2012/13 so how could you tip them? Nuwan Shiroman showed great poise last week and if he can continue this form against Le Page, they should have no issue in this one).

ANA over Union easily ( The Royals have exceeded even my expectations for the season so far, based on disciplined batting, meticulous bowling and vigour in other field. Union are captained passionately by the sublimely talented Darian Kuzma, but he may have to 'ton up' for The Hoops to go close).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Washington Park -v- Elwood
West Bentleigh -v- Mackie
Chelsea Heights -v- East Sandringham Boys Club
Carnegie South -v- Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page Park -v- Kingston Heath
Bentleigh ANA -v- Brighton Union

Washington Park v Elwood - Pryde has been a good pick up and they can defeat the Beach Boys
West Bentleigh v Mackie - Mackie to end the curse and beat the Cowboys
Chelsea Heights v East Sandringham Boys Club - ESBC can't afford to drop this one and won't.
Carnegie South v Bentleigh Uniting - Will score too many runs for the Spiders
Le Page Park v Kingston Heath - Le Page might break their duck in a close game.
Bentleigh ANA v Brighton Union - The Royals to continue their good form.

Washington Park v Elwood
West Bentleigh v Mackie
Chelsea Heights v East Sandringham Boys Club
Carnegie South v Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page Park v Kingston Heath
Bentleigh ANA v Brighton Union

Longmuir Shield
Washington Park
Mackie
E.S.B.C.
Bentleigh Uniting
Kingston Heath