Cmca 2012/13

And the funniest (worst) part about his post is that, if the gossip is true, the CMCA will be left behind if the new league gets up and about. Talk about Dinosaurs.
You are kidding yourself, the CMCA or Whatever the new name will be will still be the best Synthetic comp in the the VMCU, and it will only grow bigger as demographic = new teams.

Be careful what you ask for. Because of the stifling restrictions of the CMCA junior comp multiple turf based clubs [VSDCA and VTCA] and a few established CMCA clubs are proposing a breakaway junior comp. As far as Hatch goes any player who wishes to progress in cricket needs to be exposed in a high grade turf competition. Shea Gribben best recent example. CMCA junior rep program would be nothing without the players from other comps participating. Would the CMCA juniors survive without Elsternwick. Ormond, Brighton, South Districts, Beaumaris, Murrembeena ,Hampton etc, etc, Have a look at the strength of the Friday evening comps and how few teams play juniors on Sat morning.Note the stronger CMCA clubs have moved their juniors to Friday night e.g Bentleigh Uniting. I hope that the CMCA will continue to be a broad based competition allowing players in the local district to play in the strongest local competition in the state regardless of the league of the parent club. This will only allow our region to maintain its reputation as the strongest in the state.

Bright boy, you have to be kidding.
There will not be a breakaway comp with any traditional CMCA clubs, only a name change;
If you puppets from Subbies and Vtca want to create a breakaway comp then you would have done it years ago and i'm sure with the blessings of the CMCA.
I'd love to see how you would breakaway '' so to speak '', you wouldn't have any grounds to play on for a start.
I know some curators who would love to have their manicured tracks played on Friday nights ?????%%%
The CMCA will continue to go from strength to strength with out any worries or concerns from turf clubs.

Bright boy, you have to be kidding.
There will not be a breakaway comp with any traditional CMCA clubs, only a name change;
If you puppets from Subbies and Vtca want to create a breakaway comp then you would have done it years ago and i'm sure with the blessings of the CMCA.
I'd love to see how you would breakaway '' so to speak '', you wouldn't have any grounds to play on for a start.
I know some curators who would love to have their manicured tracks played on Friday nights ?????%%%
The CMCA will continue to go from strength to strength with out any worries or concerns from turf clubs.
Get your hand off it, there are some great cmca people who post on here, but your making a right tool of yourself

Get your hand off it, there are some great cmca people who post on here, but your making a right tool of yourself

Once again SS, you vocab and explanation reeks of frustration, i'll leave it at that.
I'm fully aware of '' great cmca people '' who post on the forum, i'm not sure what that's got to do with things, but i agree with you so settle down a bit and use your energy for good not evil:eek:

In what may be a vain attempt to get this forum back on track - some exciting news coming out of Wash Ups with their announement that Nick Pryde will take on a playing coach role this season. Some of you might remember the handful of games he played with us last season where he polled votes in the Knights Sports Award. For those of you that dont know him, he moved to Melb with a role at Cricket Australia around Xmas time. He is 25yo and was previously captain coach of a premier club in Syd that included Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Starc and Daniel Smith. He was Hughes' housemate and all those players have offered to drop into the club when in Melb over the summer to do some coaching (...no doubt some cheap shots going to come back on Hughes coaching...). Ryan Heywood will stay on as first grade captain. Also, the legendary Greg Chappell has committed to being involved with the club this season. Very exiting times! So if anyone is interested in a bit of a change of scenery and playing at a well administered club with first class coaching, and great facilities, heading in the right direction, go to our website... On the previous topic of the CMCA junior competition - would be very disappointing for teams to leave our comp. As an association, we have prided ourselves on the quality of our junior competition, which is the base for our competitive senior grades. To lose numerous strong clubs in the junior make up will lessen the competitive play and have a long term detrimental effect on our competition at senior and junior level - the exec can not let this happen....

I'm aware of WB considering their options and may put the white flag up and surrender, if so, that's p... weak.

WB presented last week and are disappointed with the outcome so any rumours about putting up the white flag are garbage.
It will be interesting to see what comes of this for both clubs. The CMCA made a similar decision after Chelt Park defeated ANA in Woolnough back around 99/00.
The wheels fell off for a while at CP, but they seem to be thriving now with a strong junior program that will hopefully see them back up the grades in the not too distant future.
ANA have been a competent competitor in the top flight, but I'm in the camp with those who believe you have to earn your right to promotion.
Omega are a strong club with good depth and great people running the place. They should have been made to wait their turn much like ANA should have way back when. If you're good enough, you'll eventually get the win that earns that right.

Does this mean that Bentleigh Uniting Red & Bentleigh Uniting Blue is not going to happen in Longmuir? This competition is going downhill fast.

WB presented last week and are disappointed with the outcome so any rumours about putting up the white flag are garbage.
It will be interesting to see what comes of this for both clubs. The CMCA made a similar decision after Chelt Park defeated ANA in Woolnough back around 99/00.
The wheels fell off for a while at CP, but they seem to be thriving now with a strong junior program that will hopefully see them back up the grades in the not too distant future.

UM, it was a well known fact that WB were considering going down [ putting the flag up ] or expected to go down after the finals results; They reconsidered their position after a 2nd 11 won the Woolly final and good on them for putting their case to stay up;
I agree with your comments above and i'll add another scenario, remember the Stkilda City debacle, they were promoted and pulled out before rnd 1 against ANA, this created a bye for the first time ever in the top grade of CMCA cricket; They also never recovered and look at them now '' GONE '' The top grade should remain the same and Omega should not come up as a runner UP. Let WB try to regain some strength and remember, it was only a short time ago that they were playing finals, surely the CMCA should give them some brownies for being competitive over the last 5 years or so !!!!!!!!!

Good evening my fellow Klumps!

Interesting precedence the committee have set now, this surely opens up the fridge door for future clubs to apply for Longmuir without winning Woolnut pie shield, my reports tell me that West Bentleigh early on contemplated going down then realized the difficulty in getting promotion and for that reason decided to steak there claim to stay.

Not sure if anyone has ventured down to Centenary Park the home of the Billionaires and noticed there brand new $30k scoreboard, which has been installed onto two steel poles sitting about 10 ft off the ground, it's rather big and my sauces tell me the whole thing is made of LCD Tv's.

Add to that they've secured the services of everyone's favorite villain Brett Ernst who by all reports is sticking around and whispers are an old junior in Brendan McGuniess is returning to assist Lalor with a a Malthouse/Buckley like succesion plan in place for him to take over next year as Mother Hen Lalor retires.

Mmmm interesting, decent side forming once again, Omega will need Jewell at his best to even f(n)udge Uniting as it appears a one horse race all ready.

Turner
Richards
McGuniess
Russel
Lalor
Manders
Ernst
Britt
Cody
Surridge

Raffle the 11th spot with
Blackman
Cleary
Brisbane

And pass me the chicken Cleetus!

Good evening my fellow Klumps!

Interesting precedence the committee have set now, this surely opens up the fridge door for future clubs to apply for Longmuir without winning Woolnut pie shield, my reports tell me that West Bentleigh early on contemplated going down then realized the difficulty in getting promotion and for that reason decided to steak there claim to stay.

Not sure if anyone has ventured down to Centenary Park the home of the Billionaires and noticed there brand new $30k scoreboard, which has been installed onto two steel poles sitting about 10 ft off the ground, it's rather big and my sauces tell me the whole thing is made of LCD Tv's.

Add to that they've secured the services of everyone's favorite villain Brett Ernst who by all reports is sticking around and whispers are an old junior in Brendan McGuniess is returning to assist Lalor with a a Malthouse/Buckley like succesion plan in place for him to take over next year as Mother Hen Lalor retires.

Mmmm interesting, decent side forming once again, Omega will need Jewell at his best to even f(n)udge Uniting as it appears a one horse race all ready.

Turner
Richards
McGuniess
Russel
Lalor
Manders
Ernst
Britt
Cody
Surridge

Raffle the 11th spot with
Blackman
Cleary
Brisbane

And pass me the chicken Cleetus!

Agree with you Cleetus, very impressive set up now at the Lions. Club-rooms next on the agenda I hear.
And you make a really interesting point about Backman and Brisbane (and Allan for that matter).
I'm sure that BUCC will say to those lads that they are required players, but surely rival clubs must now start raiding some of unitings Longy fringe players.
If I were at a Longy club, I would certainly be making a serious play at trying to lure those players. Brisbane in particular.

Over and out.
B.

Agree with you Cleetus, very impressive set up now at the Lions. Club-rooms next on the agenda I hear.
And you make a really interesting point about Backman and Brisbane (and Allan for that matter).
I'm sure that BUCC will say to those lads that they are required players, but surely rival clubs must now start raiding some of unitings Longy fringe players.
If I were at a Longy club, I would certainly be making a serious play at trying to lure those players. Brisbane in particular.

Over and out.
B.
Bumbles, i'm led to believe that 3 clubs have already made tentative approaches to the players you've mentioned.
I would also expect that Mr Ernst would not be an automatic selection at this point in time, reputations only last so long, i'm sure shaggy will ensure that everyone ernst their spots????
It wouldn't surprise if they all stick together, their club and the culture are on top at the moment, why would you leave as they could surpass the great gold caps record of finals appearances in the years to come.
The electronic scoreboard is up and running, not sure about the time frame with the rooms at this stage, but its all looking rosey at the Den for the future.

Bumbles, i'm led to believe that 3 clubs have already made tentative approaches to the players you've mentioned.
I would also expect that Mr Ernst would not be an automatic selection at this point in time, reputations only last so long, i'm sure shaggy will ensure that everyone ernst their spots????
It wouldn't surprise if they all stick together, their club and the culture are on top at the moment, why would you leave as they could surpass the great gold caps record of finals appearances in the years to come.
The electronic scoreboard is up and running, not sure about the time frame with the rooms at this stage, but its all looking rosey at the Den for the future.

Interesting point WP.
To be fair, they're probably not worth clubs investing huge amounts of money in them so the decision would have to be based on factors such as the club culture elsewhere appeals to them.
I agree with you though as I just can't see any of them leaving the Lions.

This still doesn't mean clubs shouldn't have a serious crack at them. My advice is that the Sharks, Mackie, Redbacks, Elwood, Omega and even the Boys club should approach these lads to see what their intentions are.

Over and out.
B.

Interesting point WP.
To be fair, they're probably not worth clubs investing huge amounts of money in them so the decision would have to be based on factors such as the club culture elsewhere appeals to them.
I agree with you though as I just can't see any of them leaving the Lions.

This still doesn't mean clubs shouldn't have a serious crack at them. My advice is that the Sharks, Mackie, Redbacks, Elwood, Omega and even the Boys club should approach these lads to see what their intentions are.

Over and out.
B.

No doubt other clubs will come for there fringe players, but I also can't see them leaving, I can't recall any players leaving Uniting to another Cmca club in the past, they're a family run club so a lot of the mentioned players have connections and family there.

But by all means all clubs should at least ask the question, I know we've asked and had a firm and polite no Ty.

Regarding Ernst he has been back for a while now and my reports are was in the thick of the celebrations this year (jumping on board), also apparently he and Shagg get on like a house on fire. People I know inside the den say his presence is missed around the place and despite polar beliefs he is highly regarded and loved down there, besides I thought his form abroad has been exceptional just ask him.

Is there anymore news on Con Pothitos and his mate Jewell?

I love me chicken with juicy gravy.

Back