Cmca 2012/13

Some interesting discussion on this rumoured Uniting ploy. But nobody has clarified if it actually happened - not even opposition skipper.
Looking at scores, it seems that Turner did not play and was replaced late by C Richards who had only played a 20/20 game this season (made 1), therefore that's why he was at number 9 in their strong line-up. He hasn't been a regular Longy player for several years. Averaged 13 last season.
Did a change occur mid-game or just an incorrect conspiracy theory?

Just some know it all thinking we have bended the rules,we played with the team named,just unfortunate that Richo had to work in the morning and got there late!

Now that's cleared up Michael would you like to share the story on how your power trip is tearing highett west to peaces?

Some interesting discussion on this rumoured Uniting ploy. But nobody has clarified if it actually happened - not even opposition skipper.
Looking at scores, it seems that Turner did not play and was replaced late by C Richards who had only played a 20/20 game this season (made 1), therefore that's why he was at number 9 in their strong line-up. He hasn't been a regular Longy player for several years. Averaged 13 last season.
Did a change occur mid-game or just an incorrect conspiracy theory?

Ill-informed it would seem, TOB. Twas made clear from the outset the information was secondhand from an opposition club. Unfortunately, cricket ability can't be substituted for intellect resulting in the false bravado.

Have u cleaned the up the coffee mug that was thrown at u from an ex player? U must be doing a ripper job down there to have players throwing mugs at ya.

If only u spent as much time leading ur club as u did sticking ur nose in other clubs businesses!

Keep up the good work UM

Richo works for lalor. He admitted the late call and he wasn't originally named.
Top move by glen. I'm not upset. Let's get over it.

Biggsy is on the money with paid players. It's getting towards semi pro park cricket when
players travel half the world for a dozen games.
If it means a better quality comp then bring it on.
But let's employ the points system and stop the trash talk about money.
Cmca is behind the times with this issue. Mpca have the best way of regulating fairness.
Coxy heard 5 longy skippers agree with it and no one against.
That's a more important issue than poo slinging a club for a good move.

Hey Skipper,
5 Longy captains agreed. What about the other 7?
Are you suggesting that every club is paying players outside the existing rules or are some clubs taking advantage of a slack supervisory/enforcement process? I suggested 12 months ago that every club President, be required to complete a signed statutory declaration stating that their club were abiding by the rules of the CMCA with respect to payment of players. Many thought it was not required. Points looks like the way to go as it has worked in the VTCA and other comps, but it really did not have to come to this.
You have opened a can of worms Skipper.

Which ever way the cmca goes with this whole discussion, it needs to be clear cut and defined. What is considered paying a player? Look at ammo football how many players "get jobs". Is that a payment? It's a very interesting topic...

It would only be 6 captains clock, as I didn't attended due to work commitments! ;)

Wow it's exploded the last few days on here.

Bit Rich all over Uncle Mick here, like Lalor on the CMCA rule book!

Flav 9/10 post from you on here are directed at slinging crap at Bentleigh Uniting, not going to get nasty about it back at ya, but really makes me wonder why you keep doing it?

Is the CMCA just Park Cricket??? NO!!

People give endless working hours for the success of the club, companies advertise and market and hope to see some return for there investement, players get paid to the point where it's another job, giving up your time every saturday and Tuesday and Thursday is not just a hobbie, it's a passion, for me myself cricket is not just Park Cricket..............i won't to win everything and anything even a toss of the coin.

Personally there is to much focus on BUCC and i think it's time to switch attention to others clubs, such as ANA to start with, what a brilliant resurgence from them this year, i know they've been working hard at admin level, should be applauded and other clubs should be knit picking what they've been doing well.

Anyway hope everyone has had a good xmas and best of luck to all leading into the Finals!

Why is it UM ask questions of everyone else to be answered, but as soon as a question is directed at him, deflection is his single response.........poor form

Bentleigh Uniting this.. Bentleigh Uniting that.. Gotta say i am starting to get a bit sick of all the talk about one club when, we have an amazing association.. Why cant we talk about every club n the good things that are happening in the association...

Lets look at how even the comp seems to have become, with the amount of teams in most grades that can still make the finals with only a couple of games to go.. The individual as well as team efforts that happen on a weekly basis..

Not rumour and inuendo crap that ends up going round and round... boooooooooooooooooooooooooring...

So on the positives... it's worth commenting that Brad Dolman took his 5th consecutive 5 for on Saturday.

Get down to King George today for the Battle of Glen Eira T20 Shield. Cricket, DJ's, food & drinks sounds like a good day.

Well said cricket nuffy.

Brilliant effort by Dolly sugar, locked himself into team of the year.

Week 1 of finals locked in, top 4 decided, only change likely is 1v2 who finishes higher and gets home ground advantage same with Carnegie (3) & Mackie (4)

Also is it just me or has there been alot of 100's scored this year?

Current Tipsters Table after Round 9:

BILLY THE KID 2 4 6 4 5 4 5 6 3 39
GOLF 1 5 5 5 5 4 5 4 4 38
JIMMY 3 3 5 4 4 4 5 4 2 34
Post Mortem 1 3 4 5 5 4 5 5 2 34
CLOCKER 2 3 6 4 4 4 5 5 1 34
UNCLE MICK 1 3 5 4 4 5 4 4 3 33
North Clubs don't pay 2 3 5 5 4 4 4 2 4 33
QUASIMODO 2 2 6 4 4 4 4 3 3 32
Peter Parker 2 2 4 3 5 4 4 4 4 32
IF I CAN I WILL 1 3 4 4 4 5 4 2 0 27
Bit rich 3 2 4 4 5 0 3 3 3 27

Longmuir Selections

Round 10:

Brighton Union v Elwood
West Bentleigh v Le Page Park
Chelsea Heights v Kingston Heath
Mackie v Carnegie South
East Sandringham Boys Club v Bentleigh Uniting
Bentleigh ANA v Washington Park

Woolnough Selections

Round 10:

Washington Park v Bentleigh ANA
Bentleigh Uniting v East Sandringham Boys Club
Highett West v Aspendale Gardens
Hampton United v Hampton Central
Moorabbin West v West Bentleigh
Omega v Cluden

Brett - again with the Uniting bashing. Please feel free to highlight my posts which are a genuine attack on Uniting. I'm quite interested to see where these feigned attacks are apparent. As I stated from the beginning, I simply posted a story that I heard from a rival club. Rather than continue the rumour, my line of thought was to have it quashed or confirmed on here. There was absolutely no intent to place an attack on the club or on Glen. When I was told the story, I suggested to the source it didn't sound convincing (hence getting confirmation on here), but that it was within the rules and a genius tactic. Conversely, it would be unfair for any player to be victim of a selection change as a result of a top order collapse. Brissy confirmed the story was bullsh*t on the cricket show yesterday with Richards being stuck at work. Leave it that.

What actually happened at Lords? I missed the conversation when it was discussed yesterday on the cricket show. Carnegie Sth has missed an opportunity to consolidate their finals spot with a 2 game buffer on 5th & 6th given they have ANA & Mackie to come.
Some exciting wins in the top 2 grades on the weekend and a huge scalp for Chelsea Heights. Superb effort from the Uniting openers in Woolnough and a massive game from Maysie, but surely Burger getting a bowl was taking the p1ss?!! Great effort from our boy Shane O'Brien who single-handedly pinched 6 points from Moorabbin West.

Plenty happening on the Quiney Shield & I Grade ladders. Are the two 14 team grades still top 4 or are they top 5??

Sugar - unfortunate that the B.O.B was called off early. Turned out to be a ripper day for cricket. Great to see a decent crowd supporting the 21s at the Junction. Fantastic achievement by the lads to go back to back.

With finals time quickly approaching one wonders where if the Executive will retain their previous practice of giving home finals to the highest placed teams.

I suspect that Lords was probably never going to be a serious option (which I strenuously disagree) but now they have an iron clad reason namely the drain works at Lords which have discharged for the second time this season resulting in no play.

The Royals will be listed as hosting a final but will the Executive allow Berties Reserve to be used? Will Mackie be allowed to host a final at their petite ground if they manage to finish third? Will Uniting be the only team allowed to host a match at Centenary Park since the Royals, Spiders & Machine's respective grounds are not upto to the rigorous standards of the CMCA?

Fee fi fo fum, I smell the name of Hurlinghum.

Not bad from you, Clock. You'd have to think that (in no particular order) Mackie; Hurlingham; Centenary & Packer are the grounds that will be in contention.
Our ground is getting back to it's best, which is disappointing given the season is almost over and the footy club will probably destroy it again, but we're hopeful that our I Grade side can go all the way and play home finals. Couple of great finals played there the past 2 years. And with the scoreboard going it should be a great experience for our lesser likes who don't often get to play on the main gorund.

You can sugar coat it as much as you like Flav, any opportunity You have gossip or not you through it out there, you may not stick the boots in yourself all the time, but you fool no one.........you want others to do your dirty work.

Interestingly enough you continue to side step the questions put at you re: the incident with the coffee, maybe it's your time to answer some gossip, what is happening at highett west, is Flav they flavour of the month or is it a bit bitter?

Things don't look great when you refer to the people at the club who pay there fees and attend functions etc etc as 'lesser likes'..........harsh comment. All players at a club should be treated equals from your 1st picked to your last, if I was a 3rd team player at West I wouldn't take so kindly one of the leaders at the club thinking I am below him. Mmmmmmmmmm

Round 10:
There are some fantastic contests this round!

Brighton Union v Elwood
West Bentleigh v Le Page Park
Chelsea Heights v Kingston Heath
Mackie v Carnegie South
East Sandringham Boys Club v Bentleigh Uniting
Bentleigh ANA v Washington Park

Back